The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Found this in a charity shop for $4 - the Salvation Army for irony fans. Seems to be made in England by a company called Wade PLN, if anyone’s any idea of when it might’ve been made? Could be the difference between it being passed down to the wean as a ‘priceless heirloom from the old country’ or trying to get myself on the yank Antiques Roadshow insisting its worth gallons. 

4B89D300-A91D-4CD3-B85F-9318F31445BF.jpeg

This one doesn't even have a chip.

image.thumb.png.2304e8ac90e1c51dd12f9271ab363ff6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Had a weekend up in Aberdeen with the Mrs (much better City than is often portrayed - maybe we got lucky). Ended up in a pub which had tank Tennent's, apparently delivered straight from the brewery so it's fresh. I'm not sure if it's just a marketing ploy, but it was an incredible pint.

6376d98156c3b26aa07663d0343de3c2.jpg

Look at it. Just look at it!

Had a weekend up in Aberdeen with the Mrs (much better City than is often portrayed - maybe we got lucky). Ended up in a pub which had tank Tennent's, apparently delivered straight from the brewery so it's fresh. I'm not sure if it's just a marketing ploy, but it was an incredible pint.

It's unpasteurised. I dont believe it comes "straight from the brewery" because even the stuff they sell at the brewery bar itself has to go to a bonded warehouse then come back.

Or so I was told on the brewery tour

On 26/06/2022 at 19:07, LoonsYouthTeam said:

What pub is that?