The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

I enjoy a nice crisp pint of Tennents like most folk from Scotland should from local pubs. As said already it is the go to pint I think for the pub. Never had cans of it for a long time as usually get bottles of whatever German / Scottish beer looks decent in Aldi for house drinking but inspired by this thread got some cans of Tennents this weekend and went down a treat. I think must have been put off cans of Tennents from warm cans at festivals / house parties a nice cold can out the fridge is as good as any other can of beer out there and better than some of the bottles too.

8 minutes ago, Shannon said:

I enjoy a nice crisp pint of Tennents like most folk from Scotland should from local pubs. As said already it is the go to pint I think for the pub. Never had cans of it for a long time as usually get bottles of whatever German / Scottish beer looks decent in Aldi for house drinking but inspired by this thread got some cans of Tennents this weekend and went down a treat. I think must have been put off cans of Tennents from warm cans at festivals / house parties a nice cold can out the fridge is as good as any other can of beer out there and better than some of the bottles too.

I was the same, didn't drink cans in the house for a long time, bottled lager only but due to making economies I'm back in the tinned T fold and none the worse for it. 

It's the first lager I tried. Which is probably common for 99% of Scottish teenagers. 

It's OK. If it's what I get for "pintalager please" I'll drink it. But unless the alternatives were Fosters and/or Carling, I'm not sure I'd choose to order it by name. 

But it does get points for its advert in the not-quite-so-recent past. 

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Its the internet, it'll be fine, nobody cares what stuff people come out with.......

I'm still not convinced.

A 'kick in the pie' is considered as a forum wide scolding, yet you were advocating a 'back hander'

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

I'm still not convinced.

A 'kick in the pie' is considered as a forum wide scolding, yet you were advocating a 'back hander'

I'm an avant gard kind of a chap, no boundary is safe when I'm around. Mwah ha ha hah.

Unless we're talking bribery, put me down for some of that, I either was or wasn't there for the right price.

8 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

You don't work in the Citizen do you?

Tried the "Tank Lager" a few weeks back.

By far the best pint of T I've ever had.

Nope. That's not what we get unfortunately, our beer is still kegged and we're not actually affiliated with Tennent's so don't think we'd be able to get one. This suggests that it's decent though and I might go for a pint!

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Go and tell us how us mere mortals can get a shot of this unpasteurised T? Sounds good....

It literally just tastes like Tennent's. I'm not telling you where I work, but I couldn't be closer to Wellpark Brewery.

5 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

I've been on the tour and imagine my surprise when I found out that the mighty Wellpark Brewery bashes out contract stuff like Stella, Budweiser and other stuff that the big  boys can't as they've shut a load of breweries.

The list of what they make is here though I assume that has since changed as it says July 2012. I don't believe they bottle the beers there, I think that's just for distribution purposes (and obviously for spirits/wines).

5 hours ago, Smurph said:

Nope. That's not what we get unfortunately, our beer is still kegged and we're not actually affiliated with Tennent's so don't think we'd be able to get one. This suggests that it's decent though and I might go for a pint!

Boozer itself is a nonsense hipster gaff and it's £4+ a pint but the stuff is worth a shot if you're in the vicinity.

I regularly buy cans for the train back from games.

Would never buy Tennents for such a purpose. In fact the only time I'd ever buy Tennents would in a pub and the other options were poor (i.e. pricey and/or a shit beer).

I feel that Tennents is being way overhyped here. It's a serviceable beer, and by no means shit, but that's all.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I regularly buy cans for the train back from games.

Would never buy Tennents for such a purpose. In fact the only time I'd ever buy Tennents would in a pub and the other options were poor (i.e. pricey and/or a shit beer).

I feel that Tennents is being way overhyped here. It's a serviceable beer, and by no means shit, but that's all.

i wouldn't say its a top class beer taste wise but when i drink it i feel complete on a night out , a mad scottish b*****d drinking a mad scottish pint