The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

5 hours ago, throbber said:

How does it fail where Tennents succeeds in getting the job done? How can you get a pretentious beer also? I honestly don’t think there is that much scope to go wrong with a beer. I just find there are easier options enjoy drinking rather than going for Tennents but your post I actually found rather pretentious.

Maybe comparing it to McDonald's wasn't entirely correct...thinking about it, it's maybe more accurate to say Tennent's is more the Gregg's sausage roll of the beer world.

Sometimes you're right in the mood for a couple...they're easy to get a hold of and they almost always hit the spot.

Having said that, it's unlikely anybody's going to say that couple of Gregg's sausage rolls they just ate were the best meal they've ever had, and I reckon it's the same with Tennent's...nobody goes away disappointed - nobody's that excited either, but there's something earthy, comforting and ineffably down-home about that first tan of the first pint.

Edited by Hillonearth

4 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

the peroni they sell here is bollocks compared to the red label stuff

The red label stuff is nice but Peroni Gran Riserva is a gorgeous tipple.

Back on topic, I do enjoy a Tennent's when out and about. Don't get the snobbish attitude towards it.

20 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Maybe comparing it to McDonald's wasn't entirely correct...thinking about it, it's maybe more accurate to say Tennent's is more the Gregg's sausage roll of the beer world.

Sometimes you're right in the mood for a couple...they're easy to get a hold of and they almost always hit the spot.

Having said that, it's unlikely anybody's going to say that couple of Gregg's sausage rolls they just ate were the best meal they've ever had, and I reckon it's the same with Tennent's...nobody goes away disappointed - nobody's that excited either, but there's something earthy, comforting and ineffably down-home about that first tan of the first pint.

That's beautiful, man.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:34, Tynieness said:

Absolutely, as I said earlier in thread if you're out for a day on the lash, Tennents is the one.  You can scoop it all day and have a decent time, I couldn't imagine the nick I would be in if I had ten pints of something around 5.1% when out.

Tell them about the nick you were in the day I introduced you to a certain small liqueur.........................................after umpteen pints of whatever Hampden serves.

You can't get it on draught in englandshire which makes it all the better when I get to scotland. 

In terms of a lager it's quite sophisticated there are various flavours in it and it has a real crisp taste.

I have managed to find a sympathetic off license that gets me the cans.

nothing wrong with tennents! I tend to ask for a lager tops and not any particular brand of lager so I do get tennents most times. apart from the taste of hops you get in becks and pils type lagers (which I can't stand) most lagers just taste the same anyway. most dearer pints are similar in taste just some are a bit stronger and far more expensive!

Lager tops ? Cocktail thread for this please.[emoji484]

I work for a craft beer company and we have Tennent's on draught. It's unpasteurised which essentially means it's not pumped with preservatives and additives and it's fresh from the source, and the idea is you'd get less of a hangover drinking it. Some of my colleagues suggest the lager that we brew as an alternative, but if someone asks for a pint of Tennent's, a pint of T they get.

I must have tried more than 400 different beers and a crisp pint of Tennent's is still up there.

Edited by Smurph

I work for a craft beer company and we have Tennent's on draught. It's unpasteurised which essentially means it's not pumped with preservatives and additives and it's fresh from the source, and the idea is you'd get less of a hangover drinking it. Some of my colleagues suggest the lager that we brew as an alternative, but if someone asks for a pint of Tennent's, a pint of T they get.
I must have tried more than 400 different beers and a crisp pint of Tennent's is still up there.

Not all heroes wear capes. Tops work, smurph.
Look at this, he’s paid by the craft beer and still flying the T flag.