The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

16 minutes ago, The OP said:

I asked for two Tennent's in a pub I'm often in on the Gallowgate and was asked 'Cans or Pints?' Must've been looking particularly jakey that day. 

People who slate Tennent's are usually the type who think Peroni is the best lager because it costs slightly more in the supermarket imo. 

That's fairly common among jakies desperate to save a few bob, but stay in the pub. Some will claim the draft beer "is pish in here".  However I know they are lonely alkies.

3 minutes ago, BullyweeClyde said:

Also, any pub that once sold Tennents but then stopped should be instantly shut down imo. No place for that type of behaviour

They all do that, you have to wait until 11:00 next day for it to open again.

Said in another thread that a cold pint of Tennents in a pub is ok.  Definitely not a first choice by any means. Definitely not the pishwater that it's made out to be.

Too many folk think that being a beer 'connoisseur' makes you look cool IMO.

Count me in as one of the good guys on the Tennents.

I live in a wee village with only a few drinking choices. Was distraught when our local and a couple of others got bought up by Scottish & Newcastle in the 00's and it seemed we were en route to a world dominated by Fisters and Kronenbourg. Glad to see all that shite largely repelled back into the sea and Tennents very much back as the dominant brand.

Maybe it's because I've been conditioned to it but, whether only a few pints after work or a full blown bevvy session, there can be only one choice - Tennents. If you've got pals who demand to go looking for a Heineken, a Moretti or whatever, you need to get new pals.

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

Count me in as one of the good guys on the Tennents.

I live in a wee village with only a few drinking choices. Was distraught when our local and a couple of others got bought up by Scottish & Newcastle in the 00's and it seemed we were en route to a world dominated by Fisters and Kronenbourg. Glad to see all that shite largely repelled back into the sea and Tennents very much back as the dominant brand.

Maybe it's because I've been conditioned to it but, whether only a few pints after work or a full blown bevvy session, there can be only one choice - Tennents. If you've got pals who demand to go looking for a Heineken, a Moretti or whatever, you need to get new pals.

Image result for hattie jacques

57 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Who would drink with you in the first place?

I usually attract the dregs of society, nothing better than a story or two from the keek of this world whilst burying a few pints of T imo 

2 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I usually attract the dregs of society, nothing better than a story or two from the keek of this world whilst burying a few pints of T imo 

Depends if you're in your regular place and it's been the same stories for the past 30 years.

57 minutes ago, The OP said:

I notice the Thistle types seem particularly snobby about the nation's favourite drink.

Is it because they think they're all west-end and avant-garde when they're actually from Maryhill? 

Definitely people that think Brewdog sold out.

39 minutes ago, Menzel said:

So angry about one type of lager :lol:

Starting to think TCK's right about you.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Depends if you're in your regular place and it's been the same stories for the past 30 years.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

True but some stories never age and become unfunny. You get  better conversations with the elderly than with a group of younguns who have waxed and gelled and are immediately on entrance looking for a mirror to see if they look lovely 

If I'm going for a couple of pints I tend to stray from the sacred path, but when drinking on a day/night out the golden elixir of Tennents is just what's needed. FWIW, it's a zillion times better than Carlsberg or Carling, but that's nothing to be overly proud about.

I go for Tennants in scummy pubs because the pipes will be cleaner just because of the volume of lager passing through, and you don't know how long it's been since someone ordered a Stella. Prefer the taste and hit of 5% lagers though. Beginning to like the lagery ales you get now, like Black Isle Blonde. 

This ^^^ Almost , in said scummy pubs would never touch a Premium as feck knows the last time a pint ran through it, usually the premium taps are just there for show and not actually hooked up to an actuall keg because no one in said scummy pub can afford it so I just go safe and have a bottle of something, sen earlier in the thread Skol was mentioned, remember a couple of years back the irish kinda pub in St Vincents Pl in Glasgow had Skol on tap, anyway Tinants is pure pish