East Fife v Albion Rovers

i. A bit apprehensive about this game on Sat. Albion have been the surprise outfit this season with some great victories whilst scoring loads of goals. Hopefully the Manager of the Month curse rears its head again after Brian Kerr won it for September !!

Pagey will be a big miss for us with him suspended after his red card at Ayr.  Our inability to get shots on target this season is a major concern with 3 of our last 4 goals coming from the penalty spot.  Hopefully we can finally hit form in front of goal on Sat. I'd go with

Hurst

Dunsnore. Kane. Watson. Linton

Millar.    Docherty

Flannigan.       Wilkie.          Smith

Duggan

Subs - Goodfellow, Reilly, Slattery, Lamont, Willis, Hurst & Wilson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting game with Darren Young coming up against his old club. Only a small handful of players that are still there though, Reid, Fisher, Davidson and Shields if my memory is right, all of whom will probably start.

We should be looking to win but East Fife have been no mugs this season and a draw wouldn't be terrible.

Can you please play Willis from the start? [emoji4]

16 hours ago, sam2304 said:

Interesting game with Darren Young coming up against his old club. Only a small handful of players that are still there though, Reid, Fisher, Davidson and Shields if my memory is right, all of whom will probably start.

We should be looking to win but East Fife have been no mugs this season and a draw wouldn't be terrible.

Can you please play Willis from the start? emoji4.png

Yes should be interesting. Wonder if Young will bemoan about being informed by letter that his £500 a week contract at Rovers was not being renewed. Also interesting to see how young Connor Shields will play -who is now a completely different player under Brian Kerr. That being said what are the chances of Young shoving right up us in his first game against us. Would happily take a draw.

As an aside watch Rovers Ross Perry completely shatter Gordon Strachan’s theory on Scottish players not having footballing genetics. The guy has made a living out of looking like a footballer.

Just hope Sam and I make it back in time on Saturday. Too early in the season for " make or break" game, but will be another good indication of which direction we are headed. I Still maintain we have a good enough squad on paper, but that's where the manager now has to earn his corn by making sure he has them fit and organised. This is the part I'm still not sure about. A draw isn't really a good result at home, and like most East Fife fans, I will be looking for a home win

If we want to make the play offs we should be aiming to beat Albion at home! No excuses. ????

Play offs ? What team u been watching ? The games we have picked up points in,
we have been absolute scraping it, with the exception of Forfar. Arbroath away 3-1 up at half time it's the first time in my life a have put money on a team 3-1 down, 3-3 it finished but we looked absolutely shocking that day.

1 hour ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

Play offs ? What team u been watching ? The games we have picked up points in,
we have been absolute scraping it, with the exception of Forfar. Arbroath away 3-1 up at half time it's the first time in my life a have put money on a team 3-1 down, 3-3 it finished but we looked absolutely shocking that day.

What game are you talking about? EF beat Arbroath 3 - 2. Personally I thought the team fought hard for the victory.

Wicked stuff that Buckfast!!      [emoji6]

That's the secret to our free scoring style of play this season, buckfast in the players water bottles. Unfortunately our keeper has also been on it so we are likely to concede as well

3 hours ago, sam2304 said:

That's the secret to our free scoring style of play this season, buckfast in the players water bottles. Unfortunately our keeper has also been on it so we are likely to concede as well

Seems VERY fair!!....;)

12 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Not convinced about Darren Young one bit.

Interesting. Despite his success at Cliftonhill, some fans also weren't convinced. He had a serious wage budget, we're told, and very experienced assistants.

On 11/10/2017 at 18:52, Bold Rover said:

If the Rovers win, that'll be five away wins. I doubt if any team has been relegated after a season with five away wins.

Last season Peterhead and Stenny each won 6 away games and got relegated

HT - East Fife 2-1 Albion Rovers

The Mark Docherty penalty taking masterclass shows no signs of stopping!!![emoji1]

Archived