Terrible Jobs

17 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Never really had a terrible job as such in adult life. Always found that it is the fuckers above that make it bad. The work itself is never the problem

Couple of paper runs and eight weeks in Burger King as a sixteen y.o. Burger King supplied me with £1.66 an hour. Happy days.

The two worst jobs that people I have known have had were:

A guy who claimed he wanked turkeys collecting semen samples. He seemed to enjoy it and if you had met the guy you probably could have guessed that this was his job 

Another who scraped mould from 20kg blocks of cheese in a freezing cold room. Soul destroying stuff

Do you think that if he did a good enough job then the turkeys gave him a gobble in return?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Do you think that if he did a good enough job then the turkeys gave him a gobble in return?

That image doesn't really bear thinking about...

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I think I would take a terrible job right now for a couple of months.  

I might be in that position shortly seeing as it was announced yesterday my post is being made redundant. :(

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

I might be in that position shortly seeing as it was announced yesterday my post is being made redundant. :(

Sorry to hear it!  I've been at the job hunt since new year, it's picking up a bit now but it was a grim selection when I started.  

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Sorry to hear it!  I've been at the job hunt since new year, it's picking up a bit now but it was a grim selection when I started.  

Hope you get something fixed up soon. March/April tends to see a glut of jobs going up.

I get the chance to apply for the new roles that are being created, but there is no guarantee I'll get one. Squeaky bum time for me, over the next two or three months

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

4 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Hope you get something fixed up soon. March/April tends to see a glut of jobs going up.

I get the chance to apply for the new roles that are being created, but there is no guarantee I'll get one. Squeaky bum time for me, over the next two or three months

I suggest you approach DA Baracus and DAFC for some job coaching.

4 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Thank you, good luck with that!  One of my pals just went through this not long ago and managed to come through the other side, hopefully it is the same for you.

My job got outsourced in December and I was slapped back onto dealing with claims last month.

4 applications, 4 Rejections. I think I may need to go elsewhere if this keeps up.

8 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I think I would take a terrible job right now for a couple of months.  

4 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

I have a terrible job and it is fucking shite.

I realise I am lucky enough to moan about it but I need to start looking too.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Thank you, good luck with that!  One of my pals just went through this not long ago and managed to come through the other side, hopefully it is the same for you.

I had the same 4 years ago.  Biggest kick in the baws was finally getting a new job, only for it to be pulled a week before my start date.  

Glad it happened though as I've ended up with a far better setup.  Must admit that it seemed like seemingly endless doom and gloom at the time, but perseverance eventually gets something.   

On 07/02/2019 at 12:19, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Walkers shortbread factory, Aberlour.

One shift consisted of sticking "Made in England" stickers on boxes of Duchy Original biscuits which had just came out of the oven.

My long term other half did this as her school holidays summer job (getting shouted at for putting some on squint by one or two degrees).  Convinced her that sticking in at school / going to uni was a good idea, hence without the Walkers stickers we would probably have never crossed paths. :wub:

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My long term other half did this as her school holidays summer job (getting shouted at for putting some on squint by one or two degrees).  Convinced her that sticking in at school / going to uni was a good idea, hence without the Walkers stickers we would probably have never crossed paths. :wub:

My oldest did a stint at Walkers between jobs. Free shortbread at tea breaks, putting thousands of Scotty dogs into trays.

so its all walkers fault mate. try for compensation!

I actually enjoy my job nowadays. Today I had to visit a factory and deal with some grumbling workers.

Worker 1 - If the box of nails gets bashed or dropped the nails don't fit in the tools.

Me - Don't bash or drop the box then.

Worker 2 - If I hold the tool this way it's fine, but if I hold it that way it's awkward

Me - Don't hold it that way.

Worker 3 - I like this tool not that one

Me - The factory bought that one not this one

Worker 4 - I get scratches on my hand using that tool

Me - Wear the gloves you've been issued

Worker 4 - But then I can't get my pencil out of my pocket.

Me - You've got ears

Any more questions? No? See ya!

The worst job I had was manufacturing septic tanks at Balmoral Group about 18 years ago. 

I remember going into the dick of a mangers office after a week and him asking how I was getting on, I replied "I think I could be doing better."

He then said, " I agree, your only doing 8 tanks a shift, you could do 10."

I replied "I meant, I think I could be doing better than working here." And walked out.

Archived