Terrible Jobs

Trying to cheer myself up. Always someone worse off than yourself etc.

There must be loads of really crap jobs out there. For instance, in the chippy tonight my attention was drawn to the jars of pickled onions on the shelf. The silverskin ones as opposed to the jumbo feckers they serve with the suppers.

Imagine being in the peeling department in the factory...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had a Saturday job when I was at school, I did various bits and bobs for people instead,  The first proper job I had was working as a kitchen porter in the Pancake Place in Inverness when I was 17, in the summer I left school.  I was paid £2.65 / hour and on my first day I had to break 100 eggs into plastic containers and then clean two stand up chest deep fat fryers. 

I left after two weeks to get a job in a prawn processing plant, where you spent all day packing various sizes of prawns into plastic trays.  I think I got paid £3.10 an hour there.  I lasted three weeks before going to work nights stacking shelves at Tescos.  Brutally horrible place, you would absolutely stink of fish, I took up smoking to get rid of the smell.  There were some rough, rough people there.  One guy got the job because if he didn't start earning his ex-wife wasn't going to let him see his daughter.  He got sacked on his second day for spraying someone with a hose.  On my first day I found out that me and my mate were the only people who had bank accounts to be paid in, everyone else was paid in cash.  Nuts.

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You ever done the job? Don’t comment on stuff you’ve not idea about.

My van boy was about 11st and he could also easily carry full couches, washing machines, 90kg of flat packed wardrobes- it’s all about the balance you get when you tip it of the back of the truck.

As long as you lift with your knees, you'll be fine. ;) 

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

My van boy was about 11st and he could also easily carry full couches, washing machines, 90kg of flat packed wardrobes- it’s all about the balance you get when you tip it of the back of the truck.

Was his next job in the Daily Planet?

A washing machine on the back sounds a bit extreme tbf.

7 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Sure,  m8. 3 seater couches with one arm. 

Image result for talkhearts

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I can’t believe some of the crap folk would accuse you of lying about on here...

8 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Sandwhich factory used to do orders for Celtic, Hibs, Motherwell, Strathclyde police etc so they were often tampered with.

Some woman we all hated used to get a kilo tub of some sandwhich spread mix every week which lay in despatch till she finished her shift. We used to blow our noses in the mix, spit in it, put pubes in it the lot. Then we found out later she was making up pieces for disabled kids or something :(

I know. 

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don’t know what kind of places you’ve worked in your day but I can assure you that such behaviour is mild when your in a factory of barely employable, Neanderthals in Bellshill.

Bit harsh on yourself...

I don’t know what kind of places you’ve worked in your day but I can assure you that such behaviour is mild when your in a factory of barely employable, Neanderthals in Bellshill.

You should have detached yourself from the story and said it was only your coworkers who did the spitting/putting pubes in her food.

11 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

With the size of them you could only use one arm as it would be wedged on your shoulder and one arm to retain balance.

I can’t believe some of the crap folk would accuse you of lying about on here...

And you would go round narrow staircases and through doorways like a breeze no doubt, after that the washing machines on one shoulder would be a dream. 

Archived