irvine meadow sack ross wilson

megaspinnernet2

7 minutes ago, Meddaheroes1973 said:

To accept the words of a dejected manager less than 24 hours following dismissal is pretty naive. Ross would have been given one target for the season and that would've been automatic promotion. The club were left with a decision to make following poor performances and results which leaves them closer to the bottom than it does the top. Even with 20 league games to go the correct decision has been made and I don't believe the club will be short of managerial applicants.

Are you saying that was what his target was this season?  You can spin it anyway you want but there are 20 games left. IM are 9 points off 2nd place (6 if they win the game in hand that they have on the teams directly above them) so that`s hardly closer to the bottom. Like I said any suggestion that sponsors can influence IM managerial policy will keep any decent candidate out of the running...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clubs need to get a look at themselves ffs... you appoint a manager with some targets for the season and then you measure him against them. Any body that thinks it`s ok for a committee (usually made up of people who are no doubt well intentioned and with the clubs interest at heart but no more qualified than your average gamer on FIFA17) to question a manager every Monday night after every game at this level is deluded.  They`re currently sitting in amongst a bunch of teams around the middle of the table with 20 games to go.... and the suggestion that Sponsors have any influence over the manager`s position should be enough to make sure that any decent candidates give it a wide a berth....

Any candidate should ask Gareth Turner / Wardrope, Strain and Davie Greig etc if committee interfered too much. When Rankin was in charge full team trained in Glasgow so can hardly interfere then.

I think Ross was unfortunate with player injuries, holidays, and his two experienced assistants leaving early. I think he will do well and I am sure will learn from Meadow job.

1 minute ago, .Stuart. said:

He could’ve helped himself if he was a bit more respectful towards opposition players/management and officials. Heard from a few folk that he confronted the referee at the end of the game on Saturday in an extremely aggressive manner.

I’d assume he would’ve been given more of a chance if this wasn’t the case. I don’t believe he was sacked just because of results.

Chris Strain was just as bad for this and yet he was tolerated ..........

Are you saying that was what his target was this season?  You can spin it anyway you want but there are 20 games left. IM are 9 points off 2nd place (6 if they win the game in hand that they have on the teams directly above them) so that`s hardly closer to the bottom. Like I said any suggestion that sponsors can influence IM managerial policy will keep any decent candidate out of the running...

As a fan it is what my target for him would've been, especially after being backed financially by the club. Really depends on what spin you want to place on it, you could also argue that we are only 3 points off a bottom two placing. As for pressure from sponsors, again that is hearsay until Ross, or someone else provides evidence, I'm not convinced.

Ross wilson certainly had a big hit for himself on radio stations etc , yes confidence is good to have but he did seem to get ahead of his station for me a bit , back to the drawing board and best wishes to the guy but maybe he needs to pipe down a little as he's not cut it at meadow after a good spell at kello .

It was Robert Jeffries that spun that line (sponsors / fans / players ) read up on things before you blame the manager so there's your evidence strait from your chairman

Hope this convinces you meddaheros1973

A backlash from fans, sponsors and players does not mean that sponsors unduly influenced the clubs decision. It means that many of those at the club were unhappy at the lack of progress being made.

In my opinion, the statements made by the chairman in the interview are poor and lack a certain degree of professionalism, relationship with the media and communication with fans of the club could certainly be improved.

Bad state of affairs when it's being spoken about in irvine shopping mall Monday morning before speaking to the departing manager, the pot hunters who put Irvine Meadow in this position should walk with the departing manager, get the James crescent end of meadow park opened again and let supporters in the ground without having to walk to main gate,

Bad state of affairs when it's being spoken about in irvine shopping mall Monday morning before speaking to the departing manager, the pot hunters who put Irvine Meadow in this position should walk with the departing manager, get the James crescent end of meadow park opened again and let supporters in the ground without having to walk to main gate,

Just when I see your username and comments about James Crescent entries I would just like to ask if any older Meadow fans remember my papa Charlie Hawthorne who went to every game back when he was in good health? Used to drag me along to Meadow games every week when I was wee.

The guy deserved more time for heaven's sakes. 20 league games remaining...20 games was a full league campaign in Ayrshire days. You appoint a guy to manage , let him manage , committee  should not be asking about substitutions or tactics.

If Ladeside were to be relegated this season Budgie McGhie would still be manager next season.

And where do you suggest we get this new committee? The club have tried and the people of irvine aren’t interested

Clubs need to get a look at themselves ffs... you appoint a manager with some targets for the season and then you measure him against them. Any body that thinks it`s ok for a committee (usually made up of people who are no doubt well intentioned and with the clubs interest at heart but no more qualified than your average gamer on FIFA17) to question a manager every Monday night after every game at this level is deluded.  They`re currently sitting in amongst a bunch of teams around the middle of the table with 20 games to go.... and the suggestion that Sponsors have any influence over the manager`s position should be enough to make sure that any decent candidates give it a wide a berth....

Perhaps you should have had a look at the committee members before your remark about qualifications.

Must admit Ross is an angry angry man who thinks that he is justified in the way that he acts when at the side of the pitch. Clubs are often criticised for either acting too quickly or not quickly enough however on this occasion they should be applauded. 1. For having the courage to appoint someone so young. 2. Realising their mistake and acting on it. 3. Having the clubs best interests at heart.

Naw but your name is Stuart for God sake man it's on the top of your answer duh duh [emoji12]

Nice try, whoever the f**k you are.

Obviously I am not on the committee although I’m always willing to help out on match day if they need me, not that I would need your approval.

There is always someone to blame. There will always be keyboard warriors who when pressed to actually work for their Club find a reason why they can't.

The manager didnt help himself with his behaviour and comments at times but he is young and inexperienced and was not unexpected.

He will learn from the experience and come back better prepared for the thankless task of manager at every level where expectations are usually immediate and unrealistic.

The much maligned Meadow Committee work hard for their Club but the manner of the dismissal and subsequent Press Statement could have been handled so much better.

Archived