The Brechin Bumpkins v The Greenock Galacticos, Saturday 14th October

The unstoppable force of Brechin's plummet down to the Highland League where they belong meets the immovable object known as Dim Duffy's tactical omnishambles. Nothing less than a crushing away win is an acceptable result, and yet Duffy's record of shan failure in exactly this sort of game makes a first league win for the doomed cannon-fodder outfit plausible.  

Shame game rating: 7.5/10 (as a result of managerial hounding). 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our season is already looking average at best but if we don't leave here with 3 points I'll start to worry. Failure to win will most likely result in a shame game, which had an excellent effect last season prompting Duffy to sign Sir Gavin Gunning and Andy Murdoch. 

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd hoped the season saving free agent panic signings would come during the international break, but it seems we're going to have to wait a while longer.

We don't get nice things like the return of Sir Gavin without mercilessly hounding the manager for it.  

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd hoped the season saving free agent panic signings would come during the international break, but it seems we're going to have to wait a while longer.

A 7 or more out of 10 shame game should see the required signings happening next week. 

Are there any mental free agent footballers available at the moment? Obviously we're not going to get Sir Gavin back but I'd like another cult hero for this season. A quick wide player and a mobile CM would be good.

Glebe Park - I envisage a re-enactment of the battle of the bulge when circa 200 Inverclyde warriors descend the park in response to a drab 1-0 defeat and come away with Dougies head in a wicker basket!!

Reckon we must have to much up top for Brechin being honest but would be less than surprised at losing. I'm also back up the road for this. Sharpening my spear. 

THIS.IS.TRIBE

This post is a bit dead. Have we frightened the Brechin boys away or have they accepted relegation already.

I hope we do not come bring gifts but expect a win though it maybe by the slightest of margins.

Yes Jai is the extra ingredient which should deliver the points but even without him having rested last week we should be too strong for them.

Dear Mark please keep it simple and concentrate on picking up defenders before they enter the danger zone.

All this Sir Gav stuff, where is he plying his trade? This question should not suggest to anyone I support his return. 

Let's just see what Saturday brings! Will Morton end they re 10 year wait for a win against us ?? This is the season to do it . Be nice to get our first win of the season after some encouraging performance s but we ll see ..
Be good to see big Thommo back at The Glebe

As they say CITY1974

There are ''Lies, damned lies and Statistics'' while it is correct we have not won at the hedge since 2007 there were no games played there in the following seven years and it would be correct to say we have only lost once in the period.

I thinks the stat your looking for is Falkirk league games 2017-18 won none, played Ton won one, a more recent evaluation of how charitable we can be. Also we have a habit of losing goals to ex-players. Is Andy Jackson still sticking in the net?

But as that is all history I feel when asked we have provided answers, as such I feel an away day win.

Will there be segregation on Saturday as someone has suggested we may bring 200 or so lost souls.

4 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

As they say CITY1974

There are ''Lies, damned lies and Statistics'' while it is correct we have not won at the hedge since 2007 there were no games played there in the following seven years and it would be correct to say we have only lost once in the period.

I thinks the stat your looking for is Falkirk league games 2017-18 won none, played Ton won one, a more recent evaluation of how charitable we can be. Also we have a habit of losing goals to ex-players. Is Andy Jackson still sticking in the net?

But as that is all history I feel when asked we have provided answers, as such I feel an away day win.

Will there be segregation on Saturday as someone has suggested we may bring 200 or so lost souls.

Jacko is unfortunately out for another couple of weeks.

No segregation 

PAISLEY TON [emoji5]Ye I know but it sounds good . Jacko s been out for a good month or so! still a decent player who puts in an incredible shift unfortunately when he does play we go route 1 to him and against 6ft centre halves ball comes straight back ..We re playing with Orsi and Maclennan up front just now who like to run at players .We re a wee bit light and little in midfield but our midfielder s love a tackle . In all honesty we re probably 5 or 6 points off what our performance s deserve but that's our own fault ..

Another tough one today be good to see thomo back at the glebe. We have put in some great performances so far and deserve more points than we have so hopefully we can put in another good shift and get the rewards no Jacko again which is a blow but orsi is getting better every game. Mon city!!

9 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Unsure just how bad Forbes needs to perform before he’s dropped. Fully expect a peach of a humble-pie free kick now.

He’d be getting dropped for Gary Harkins though...

Archived