Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Apart from being facetious....

I’m sure there are plenty gay footballer but how many do you know of? They usually come out once they have retired. Let alone an 18 year old in  a Sunday league side. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41796686

Modern elite male British football is still waiting for its first openly gay player. Maybe Football Manager can help.

In this year's edition of the computer game, players come out.

"Part of the reason we decided to do this is because there are gay footballers," Miles Jacobson, the game's director, told BBC Sport.

"We know from the amount of professionals that there has to be players who are gay but feel they don't want to come out.

"I find it weird that it's still a problem in football so we decided to try and show people that coming out isn't a big deal and can be a positive thing.

"I just think it's crazy that in 2017 we are in a world where people can't be themselves."

Bit awks if someone who isn't a re-gen comes out.

Bit awks if someone who isn't a re-gen comes out.

Only regens will be, in the same way it's only ever regens who miss training sessions because they've been out at clubs and the like aswell.

Extra layer gets added into the game once the "real players" all start retiring

Played a decent amount of time already and this has came out in time for me taking a couple of 12 hour flights with a socket at the seat so I'm likely to log a lot of hours in the next couple of days.

Initial thoughts are more of the same really as there's not that much left they can do with the game.

Dynamics exists but I've not seen much impact other than a couple of extra conversation options when you're punting a player.

Some of the options with team talks and subs are needlessly cumbersome and the in game camera angles need a decent amount of work. I've had a bunch of direct free kicks where the camera shows me the taker and not the goal. Myles Hippolyte randomly has an afro in games which I've enjoyed too.

Couple of unrealistic parts, the Falkirk board accepted my request to upgrade the data science, training and youth facilities and now we're £5m in debt and I'm having to sell. Celtic paid £20k for my 25 year old reserve keeper and immediately loaned him to Dundee.

Also, I'm top of the league with the current Falkirk team which males less sense than Hippos afro.

Beta is usually "easy" to be successful in game, for whatever reason the difficulty seems to rise when the full games released.
[mention=54832]Perthsaint1977[/mention][mention=18310]Widge[/mention] how are Saints looking?

Still not played it yet . Got it downloaded and added all logos and player faces etc. Hopefully get into it over this week. That's me now left the post of saints researcher btw. Time for you you step into the breach [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

31 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Played a decent amount of time already and this has came out in time for me taking a couple of 12 hour flights with a socket at the seat so I'm likely to log a lot of hours in the next couple of days.

Initial thoughts are more of the same really as there's not that much left they can do with the game.

Dynamics exists but I've not seen much impact other than a couple of extra conversation options when you're punting a player.

Some of the options with team talks and subs are needlessly cumbersome and the in game camera angles need a decent amount of work. I've had a bunch of direct free kicks where the camera shows me the taker and not the goal. Myles Hippolyte randomly has an afro in games which I've enjoyed too.

Couple of unrealistic parts, the Falkirk board accepted my request to upgrade the data science, training and youth facilities and now we're £5m in debt and I'm having to sell. Celtic paid £20k for my 25 year old reserve keeper and immediately loaned him to Dundee.

Also, I'm top of the league with the current Falkirk team which males less sense than Hippos afro.

Decent summary. I havent had any camera issues but Im guessing thats just down to the option Im  choosing

Ive already punted the pre-match briefs over to my assistant. Its a nice idea, as it is what happens in real life, but they have no impact on anything.

On the dynamics, I've pissed off an "influential" player by signing someone else in his position and telling him to get lost, the impact on the rest of the squad? Absolutely zilch

Still not played it yet . Got it downloaded and added all logos and player faces etc. Hopefully get into it over this week. That's me now left the post of saints researcher btw. Time for you you step into the breach [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I'd be dreadful in that role I think, far too reactionary [emoji23] what's made you give it up?

Combination of things but ultimately not getting to enough games this season especially away so hard to gauge performances with just home games.

Fair dues. Just fired it up last night, you've done a cracking job again! Not sure if it's you or someone else, but Joe Johnson in our youth left this Summer and joined Forfar.

Got some random semi pro Luxembourg team in the Europa League for my first game...

Pumped them 4-1 away from him. Scougall hat trick and a Ando header from a corner. Setting up your own corner routine seems like a huge benefit

Started a game with St. Mirren last night. Young Lewis Morgan didn't really fancy a new contract and so I flogged him. Was ridiculously easy to start a bidding war and what started off as 4 Premier League teams offering 700k a piece, ended with Southampton and Watford both bidding £3.3m and adding a 35% sell on which was just delightful! He plumped for the Saints in the end. 

Haven't actually spent any of the windfall yet as the squad is already pretty loaded with bodies. I've gotten Gary Irvine and John Sutton to go out on loan though as well as banishing Jamie Langfield and Darryl Duffy to my reserves. 

In come Zak Rudden and Ryan Hardie on loan as well as Oliver Tominay from Man Utd. A couple of young free transfers as well. 

Edited by djchapsticks

I played this again last night but, to be honest, Im already getting bored of it. The new additions dont seem to have any effect on the game

Even Dynamics not playing much of a part? Seen it suggested it could be a season or two before it becomes useful, if you've taken over a settled side and not some basket case that needs a clear out. People seem to be struggling to replace "Leaders" without causing some form of unrest, adds a different obstacle to replacing long serving players without having the replacements already in place.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Even Dynamics not playing much of a part? Seen it suggested it could be a season or two before it becomes useful, if you've taken over a settled side and not some basket case that needs a clear out. People seem to be struggling to replace "Leaders" without causing some form of unrest, adds a different obstacle to replacing long serving players without having the replacements already in place.

Not yet. I think I posted earlier that I pissed off a player who was in the second highest group after leaders. Not one other member of the squad has even noticed

There are a few bits where the text is different - it now tells you the players reaction to you  coming into the dressing room during team talks. To begin with its always really bad but that changes as your reputation with them increases. Still doesnt seem to have any bearing on how they react to your team talk or how they play though.

As Scotty said, a lot of it looks to have been put in for the sake of saying they've put new things in. A bit like the sports scientists  last year who did diddly squat. Cant even say Ive noticed much more involvement from them either.