Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Only thing I don't like is how they've changed team talks. Takes a bit longer now that there's a drop down for who you're addressing rather than it just being there. Also don't like how they've taken away what the assistant would say, that's how I decided if I would do the same so just hand it over or not. Confirming a sub/making a team talk for him is awkwardly hidden away down in the bottom corner too, took me ages to find it.

Match engine is fucked as well but that's something they'll fix anyway and doesn't bother me too much. 

Like every beta there are a few bugs and people overreacting but they'll be sorted out soon enough and I've enjoyed the few hours I've played so far. 

Played this for about 2 hours last night using Arbroath. Struggled to get a settled formation and got pumped every single game.

At the very start was up against it with the new dynamics feature. Players weren't keen on me and dressing room morale was terrible (although Arbroath won the league the season before but not sure how much of that is taken into the game).

I know it's the beta but the match engine looks terrible. Few games I've played where all the players, stadium and grass are completely black and there's just a ball popping about the screen [emoji23] but hopefully gets fixed for full version.

Early bug I've noticed is a lot of crosses for my team and opposition are hitting the bar and going straight out for a throw in. Happens a few times a game now.

10 hours ago, forameus said:

Having said that, Firhill is now correctly represented as a three-sided stadium.  So that's...something, I guess?

EDIT: But they also had an attendance of almost 7k for a match with Hibs.  Giveth with one hand...

Palmerston also has the proper terraces :)

I've been playing for a couple of hours now and I cant find an awful lot wrong, to be honest. Some of the new screen layouts take a bit of getting used to - and I hate the fact the the summary screen in match has ratings but not condition - but other than that nothing jumps out as being awful.

Not had any issues with dynamics yet, all the players are happy enough. The pre match debrief thing does seem a bit pointless

11 hours ago, forameus said:

Having said that, Firhill is now correctly represented as a three-sided stadium.  So that's...something, I guess?

EDIT: But they also had an attendance of almost 7k for a match with Hibs.  Giveth with one hand...

The Jags benefiting from the green pound I see.

Your welcome.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I've been playing for a couple of hours now and I cant find an awful lot wrong, to be honest. Some of the new screen layouts take a bit of getting used to - and I hate the fact the the summary screen in match has ratings but not condition - but other than that nothing jumps out as being awful.

Not had any issues with dynamics yet, all the players are happy enough. The pre match debrief thing does seem a bit pointless

I agree mate. Actually liking the match engine this year but some of the new screen layouts look horrible but I’ll get used to them. 

Hibs have £911K to spend. :lol:

Seems they’ve removed one of the 2D options. 

Edited by Eoin Doyle

I agree mate. Actually liking the match engine this year but some of the new screen layouts look horrible but I’ll get used to them. 
Hibs have £911K to spend. [emoji38]
Seems they’ve removed one of the 2D options. 

Annoys me crap like this goes unnoticed. 900K to spend is just laughable . From experience of doing St johnstones research , I omitted to remove under Brian Easton that his preferred shirt number is 3 when he has played 24 for ages. That is flagged up but having hibs having a cash pot of that isn't. Worrying

24 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Annoys me crap like this goes unnoticed. 900K to spend is just laughable . From experience of doing St johnstones research , I omitted to remove under Brian Easton that his preferred shirt number is 3 when he has played 24 for ages. That is flagged up but having hibs having a cash pot of that isn't. Worrying

Scottish finances have been an absolute mess since day dot. I gave up raising it when I did the research

On 27/10/2017 at 20:09, Mr X said:

The new features are good and the new tactical interface is excellent. Matchday is the biggest bugbear for me so far. The 2D view is awful, there's no proper classic 2D view anymore and the camera angles we're left with are disappointing as well. I know you can switch the zoom and the height, etc, but it just feels off. It's lots of little small things they've taken away that's also annoying as is the 'two clicks where one was there before' mantra they seem to have adopted. 

I'm not hating it as much as I was when I posted before, I guess I'm getting used to all the wee niggles now. FMT is good this year though, probably spent more time on that than I have in the full game. 

Edited by StewartyMac

The new features are good and the new tactical interface is excellent. Matchday is the biggest bugbear for me so far. The 2D view is awful, there's no proper classic 2D view anymore and the camera angles we're left with are disappointing as well. I know you can switch the zoom and the height, etc, but it just feels off. It's lots of little small things they've taken away that's also annoying as is the 'two clicks where one was there before' mantra they seem to have adopted. 
I'm not hating it as much as I was when I posted before, I guess I'm getting used to all the wee niggles now. FMT is good this year though, probably spent more time on that than I have in the gull game. 

The "two clicks" thing is annoying.

I can't say I've really noticed much difference in the match engine camera angles. I tend to leave it on tv and then I adjusted the height and zoom a bit.
I've seen a few people post about how condition doesn't show in the match ratings bit in between highlights. Dunno if that's a settings thing, because it definitely shows in my game. 

There is a setting in the match engine but for some reason it doesn't seem to stay ticked.

I might try it on my bigger monitor in case it's a, resolution thing

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

There is a setting in the match engine but for some reason it doesn't seem to stay ticked.

That's for how the players names are displayed on the pitch. At the moment, it's the default black bar showing condition (although that's not right either), that tick box is to toggle between that and just having the white names above the head, which is my own preference. It's a known issue though, so hopefully it'll get fixed. 

That's for how the players names are displayed on the pitch. At the moment, it's the default black bar showing condition (although that's not right either), that tick box is to toggle between that and just having the white names above the head, which is my own preference. It's a known issue though, so hopefully it'll get fixed. 

Ah, ok. Cheers :)

1 hour ago, StewartyMac said:

The condition not showing in the panel between the highlights is definitely to do with the screen size. I have two monitors and I usually play FM on the smaller one, which doesnt show the condition. If I move FM to the bigger screen it does.

Luckily I can still see whos scored and their body language :rolleyes: