Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Raging. Utterly seething.

Just had last game of the 22/23 season, sneaker into the Premiership play off with Kelty second season up. Great.

Got into Scottish Cup semi final list to Aberdeen but made 3m in TV and gate receipts. Magic

Got Inverness in quarter final play off. Tough but beat them recently.

Profesional status confirmed finally. Excellent.

Youth and training improvements underway. Yasss.

Having to ground share with KENNOWAY STAR UNTIL FEBRUARY?! f**k OFF! Central Park holds 2000 odd, getting almost double that but KENNOWAY holds 1000. Just f**k off.

Saying that though I love this save. Absolutely love it, more than my previous East Fife and Peterhead promotion trains in earlier versions.

Best Inverness 2-1 in the first leg at home (Treaton Park. SIGH) But confident I can go through to play Dundee Utd.

I've mainly played a 442 with 2 defensive full backs, two wingers and one of my forwards as a defensive forward. Kane Hester was amazing until the championship in this role.

Got past Inverness with a comfortable 1 all draw up there, theirs coming through a late penalty but never in doubt. Onto Dundee Utd at home.

(Treaton Fucking Park) full to the rafters (1000) for the first leg which sees veteren Scott Allan sent off for the hosts on 4 minutes. Decide to play shift Scott Martin in front of the defence and keep 2wingers and my 2 up front. Absolute tactical genius as Kelty run riot with a 3 nil first leg win!

2nd leg played in front of an annoyed girlfriend trying to explain the pointless seminar on financial options she's just watched. I know what a bond is.
Anyway, the team is blowing out its arse at this point so I decide to go up front with a young, promising rookie and rotate it a bit.

Bad idea. The game is tied up within half an hour as Utd run bezerk (underused word). Get to half time and decide to come out more attacking and bring on one of my Celtic loaner strikers back into the team. 70 gone and Utd score to go ahead. I'm fucking furious at this point, make another change.

GOAL!!! Late stuff from Kelty to tie the game! On loan Celtic regen Connor Hogg scores to take it to extra time. Make another couple of subs and try to pump it long for my fresh(ish) forwards against their 50 odd percent fit defence.

GOAL! another from hitman Hogg, before Utd score late on to take this to penalties. I've dispatched of the fund chat from my gf at this point but penalties are utterly unpredictable on this. However veteren midfielder Joe McKee scores the winner as Kelty win the shoot out 3 0 to go into the play off final against ailing St Johnstone.

Pretty confident about this one, their squad looks bereft of confidence and they can't score goals. This is happening, I can get Kelty into the Premiership.

WE DID IT! Kelty promoted to the Premiership via an aggregate 3-1 win over a heavily favoured St Johnstone side.

Drew the home leg 1 each (at fucking Treaton Park) before grabbing a surprise -tw nil away victory. Scenes!

Madness before it though. Second leg was on the 4th June and I had a few players out of contract end of May. Joe McKee amongst others offloaded before the return game. Stephen McGinn and Scott Allan bumped their retirement back a few weeks to play it though.

Already trying to build for the next season and I've got a worse squad than I did. Regen forward on loan from a Celtic chooses St Johnstone over a return to us and I'm literally scouting any top 3 tiered English team for loan signings. I think if I can somehow survive the first season then more players will want to come, especially back at the revamped NCP.

Also able to scout Europe now but it's a bit pointless with a horrible Brexit.

• 2 months later...

First season stayed up on the last day with overspending Raith going down.

2nd season I'm 28 games in and there's a 6 way fight for 2nd behind a rampant Hearts. Right in the thick of it! Some class loan signings and a strong team spirit is taking us far. 3 seasons in the cup semi final is really helping with the bank balance.

Stadium now 5000 terracing averaging 3500! Better than neebs Dunfermline down the road [emoji1]

• 3 weeks later...

Started a wee save with Rangers looking to bring back the glory days. 2nd place finish in the first season and an indifferent start led to me being under pressure and disillusioned so I resigned in September. Took me til April 2020 to get a job, alas St Mirren in the Championship required me. Almost in the relegation playoff spot I guided Saints to 5th place before a summer clear out.

Personally wasn't happy with my recruitment in the summer and felt I had a very average squad even for Championship standards, but despite that I won the title with a game to spare, got the QF's of both the Scottish and League cup and got to the Irn Bru cup final but lost to Hamilton.

First season in the Prem was great, even with a still average squad. Finished 5th which was enough to get a Europa spot. Cups were poor though. Played Celtic in the LC, 1-1 went to extra time, went 2-1 up just before half time in ET, before shipping 4 goals in 15 minutes.  Lost at home to Queen's Park in the SC 4th round.

Season 2022/23 has been brilliant so far. Finally got a couple of good young players through the youth and signed a few young regens from Holland and Bulgaria. Only lost 2 of my first 9 in the league so currently 2nd. LC QF's again with Falkirk at home all that stands in my way from a trip to Hampden and I've had the Europa campaign of dreams so far.

Beat Georgian side Sioni in the 1st qualifier, 9-7 on aggregate after a 5-5 second leg draw in Paisley. 2nd round was a famous win over Werder Bremen, 2-0 in Paisley, lost 2-1 over there. R3 was a tight win over Serbian side Vojvodina and the play-off round was a routine victory over CSKA Sofia. Group stage it is, where Newcastle, Sampdoria and Zenit await. For the 2nd year in a row, all Scottish participants have reached the group stage of their respective competition, so the co-efficient is booming.

2nd season in the Premiership finish 4! Hearts runaway winners.

Got to the semi final again which was enough for a Europa League qualifier place. Amazing regen loans (extended as early as possible) and the continued brilliance of Keith Cotton as right winger. Been on the journey since League Two, amazing.

Qualifiers were amazing. Beat St Joseph's of Gibraltar 22 0 on aggregate (2nd leg at home at bloody New Bayview an 18 nil scudding). Squeeze past Lokomotiv Moscow on away goals after beating... Someone. Can't remember. Genk put us out at the 4th and final qualifying round by a single goal but I'm proud of that.

League season now into December and sitting 5th behind the big 4. Happy as muck, as long as I can get another good cup run. Just had a board takeover, sadly not a sugar daddy.

• 2 weeks later...