Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

44 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

the cut down version is fm 2018 touch and it should run quicker and from what i can find online 

features missing from Touch:

• New DYNAMICS

• New MEDICAL CENTRE *

• Almost all meetings, interactions and press conferences

• Match preparation

• The new medical centre can be found in the squad tab in Touch, but is much more basic.

I actually prefer the "touch" version to the full game these days.

The rot stopped! 3 nil down at half time away to Stranraer who are bottom. Was playing an AJ style 352, went ape shit changed to 442 and stared playing all out attack, highest tempo, pumping it long. Drew 3 each. Kane Hester a hero again

Pumped Cowden 3 2 in the derby before beating Fraserburgh in the cup 4 0 winning an away tie at Ibrox (££££)

Clawed back a 2 each draw at Arbroath after.

Got my Partizan team of Wonderkids to the Europa League semi-finals where I lost on penalties to Ajax.  Was then headhunted by Marseille so I'm off to a new challenge as my former team gets plundered.  My 20 year old star striker (who had come through the academy) went to Tottenham, my star Midfield wonderkid, a South African I had gotten for cheap, went to Juventus and I immediately poached the 21 year old Attacking Midfielder I had purchased from Rad a couple of seasons earlier.  Let's see how my new French adventure goes after 6 seasons in Belgrade

• 2 weeks later...

With FM 2019 coming I am just going to wind down any existing games.  I'm about to be sacked by Marseille (sitting 10th in my second in February of season after having finished 3rd the first).  As it turns out signing 31 year old Jesse Lingard on a free transfer wasn't as good an idea as I thought it was

Edit: Was expecting the sack after losing 3-1 at Lyon but have been on a pretty decent run since, up to 6th in Ligue 1 and into the Champions League Semi-Final!

image.thumb.png.e0c3b7608472c2ccb8c1c464f2956870.png

Edited by senorsoupe

34 minutes ago, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

I started a save as manager of San Marino to see if I can win a game with them. The best I have managed so far is a 0-0 draw with Azerbaijan. 

Azerbaijan should be very embarrassed at only drawing 0-0 with San Marino, their manager should be sacked.

On 23/10/2018 at 18:02, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

I started a save as manager of San Marino to see if I can win a game with them. The best I have managed so far is a 0-0 draw with Azerbaijan. 

I used to do a game as manager of both the nation and the Serie C side. If you can bring the club up through the leagues, it makes a massive difference to the potential of the national team.

Just now, OSP said:

I used to do a game as manager of both the nation and the Serie C side. If you can bring the club up through the leagues, it makes a massive difference to the potential of the national team.

I should have probably done that, because this squad is hopeless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First time in FM18 started off unemployed, ended up at Peterhead bottom of league 2 and quit after 7 games as the defence was stinking and couldn’t get anyone of any standard in the January window but had a few PCA lined up (Dean Brett, Mick Dunlop and Tom Lang)

Days after quitting I got the Airdrie job in league 1 sitting 5th 7 points off the play offs, decent squad of players there.  Dale Carrick is a goal machine no matter who plays alongside But usually Daryl Duffy who’s a brilliant advance forward. Ended up in the play offs on the last day of the season and got all the way to the final and lost out on extra time which wasn’t the worst seeing as the squad was definitely not ready to go up a level just yet.

Offered a new contract as only took one to end of the season, which was signed and then the budget was cut for the next again season which wasn’t ideal.

Signed a few loan players and free agents such as Iain Davidson (3 red cards before Xmas) got 20k for Mcdoanld the left back as had another Edwards and the Calum Crane as back up. 

Simple 442 with 2 out and out wingers working a treat in league 1 and also Betfred cup were we won every group game - Motherwell, Morton, Albion and one other I can’t mind right now.  Got Aberdeen away which boosted the coffers a fair bit plus the prize money earned from this was more than all of last seasons. 

Really enjoyable save and should be in Championship next season.

9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

First time in FM18 started off unemployed, ended up at Peterhead bottom of league 2 and quit after 7 games as the defence was stinking and couldn’t get anyone of any standard in the January window but had a few PCA lined up (Dean Brett, Mick Dunlop and Tom Lang)

Days after quitting I got the Airdrie job in league 1 sitting 5th 7 points off the play offs, decent squad of players there.  Dale Carrick is a goal machine no matter who plays alongside But usually Daryl Duffy who’s a brilliant advance forward. Ended up in the play offs on the last day of the season and got all the way to the final and lost out on extra time which wasn’t the worst seeing as the squad was definitely not ready to go up a level just yet.

Offered a new contract as only took one to end of the season, which was signed and then the budget was cut for the next again season which wasn’t ideal.

Signed a few loan players and free agents such as Iain Davidson (3 red cards before Xmas) got 20k for Mcdoanld the left back as had another Edwards and the Calum Crane as back up. 

Simple 442 with 2 out and out wingers working a treat in league 1 and also Betfred cup were we won every group game - Motherwell, Morton, Albion and one other I can’t mind right now.  Got Aberdeen away which boosted the coffers a fair bit plus the prize money earned from this was more than all of last seasons. 

Really enjoyable save and should be in Championship next season.

Promotion in the bag come March after losing one game which of course was bottom of the league Edinburgh city.

Job offer at Fleetwood very tempting now, little journeymen save its looking like.