Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

I'm into the year 2032 and my Partick Thistle team has wrapped up 6 consecutive titles and only lost out on about 3 cups in the same time too - seriously enjoying it still, there's something incredibly satisfying about picking up Brazilian regens for nothing, watching them wipe the floor with the rest of the teams in the league and then selling them off for big money. Still can't make a dent in the Champions League as the English teams consistently fill at least 3 of the semi final spots, Newcastle and Stoke chucking around £100m transfers all over the place.

Currently playing at Hampden (64,000 capacity) while waiting for 'Alan Archibald Park' to be upgraded to 39,000 seats. 

Some serious money in the SPFL now - you get £8m for reaching the Scottish cup semis in gate receipts and then another £9m for reaching the final.

Will be gutted when I give this save up for FM2019.

I'm in 2031 with my Forest Green save and Stevie Aitken is absolutely dominant in Italy with AC Milan winning their first Serie A for the first time since the save began and then securing it 3 times in a row:

image.thumb.png.4f9424cd346b2c387618989eb0870a28.png

Jim McIntyre controversially left Man United to join Chelsea:

image.thumb.png.f5b74804da3e23e375921b6f20a12cc3.png

Celtic's dominance looks like it will finally be broken this year as Charlie Adam is doing a horrific job for them:

image.thumb.png.297f220d91674805db418ff3737dbfe3.png

And Dundee seem to insist that they can only be managed by St Johnstone or Dundee United heroes.

image.thumb.png.7169321bd51bd91cfff3f30c16d3b438.png

£60 sorted my laptop, who knew. Had to be completely emptied so couldn't save my previous saves, so all the RandomAttempts are now utterly dead apart from their memories on here...

I'll maybe put screenshots up later, but started a West Ham save. First ten or so games has me playing Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man U. So I'll be gone before Christmas...

Managed a 1-1 draw with Spurs, last minute Arnautovic equaliser as my "punt to tall right winger (Antonio) against tiny winger and feed off scraps" tactic worked perfectly, small sense of pride at what a great tactic that turned out to be. Lost 2-1 to Liverpool narrowly, lost 2-1 to Crystal Palace away in between, while pumping Colchester 4-0.

Squads really odd, start with almost everyone good injured so theres no depth to start with. Theres also huge weak spots and the striking options are a bit shit, Carroll on £90k a week and gets injured every second training session.

Signed Solly March from Brighton for £19m as we had no depth on the wings beyond Arnautovic and Antonio. Desperately went for a striker and almost got Danny Ings for £12m on deadline day, but the agents demands outpriced me, annoyingly. So I'm stuck with Hugill playing back up to Hernandez, not a great thing.

Looking forward to next Summer if I can make it. Will need a new keeper and right back with Hart/Zabaleta being gone/finished and the back up being average. Will spend the whole season trying to flog Carroll and find an alternative, maybe go for Ings again next Summer.

I love you FM, I missed you :wub:

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 09/08/2018 at 16:21, Ludo*1 said:

I'm in 2031 with my Forest Green save and Stevie Aitken is absolutely dominant in Italy with AC Milan winning their first Serie A for the first time since the save began and then securing it 3 times in a row:

image.thumb.png.4f9424cd346b2c387618989eb0870a28.png

Jim McIntyre controversially left Man United to join Chelsea:

image.thumb.png.f5b74804da3e23e375921b6f20a12cc3.png

Celtic's dominance looks like it will finally be broken this year as Charlie Adam is doing a horrific job for them:

image.thumb.png.297f220d91674805db418ff3737dbfe3.png

And Dundee seem to insist that they can only be managed by St Johnstone or Dundee United heroes.

image.thumb.png.7169321bd51bd91cfff3f30c16d3b438.png

The top of that Ladbrokes Premiership table is perfect, long may it continue. 

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

The top of that Ladbrokes Premiership table is perfect, long may it continue. 

United won the league and look to be going on to win it half way through the next season as well. You have Will Hoskins in charge, who in real life is a lower tier English striker. His first job in management was Cowdenbeat and he won League 2 then League 1 in back to back seasons and then won in the Championship play-off before being plucked by Hearts.

image.thumb.png.85bfb68d48c0460e28474a00153ca16c.png

Some of the money being spent in Scotland is crazy:

image.thumb.png.2bd15509fb7368d2917c68a81fd7f726.png

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Save your games to the cloud too ffs

A harsh lesson learned, it's almost refreshing to completely start again though. 

FM19 was pre-ordered before I'd installed 18 again :lol:

£60 sorted my laptop, who knew. Had to be completely emptied so couldn't save my previous saves, so all the RandomAttempts are now utterly dead apart from their memories on here...
I'll maybe put screenshots up later, but started a West Ham save. First ten or so games has me playing Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Man U. So I'll be gone before Christmas...
Managed a 1-1 draw with Spurs, last minute Arnautovic equaliser as my "punt to tall right winger (Antonio) against tiny winger and feed off scraps" tactic worked perfectly, small sense of pride at what a great tactic that turned out to be. Lost 2-1 to Liverpool narrowly, lost 2-1 to Crystal Palace away in between, while pumping Colchester 4-0.
Squads really odd, start with almost everyone good injured so theres no depth to start with. Theres also huge weak spots and the striking options are a bit shit, Carroll on £90k a week and gets injured every second training session.
Signed Solly March from Brighton for £19m as we had no depth on the wings beyond Arnautovic and Antonio. Desperately went for a striker and almost got Danny Ings for £12m on deadline day, but the agents demands outpriced me, annoyingly. So I'm stuck with Hugill playing back up to Hernandez, not a great thing.
Looking forward to next Summer if I can make it. Will need a new keeper and right back with Hart/Zabaleta being gone/finished and the back up being average. Will spend the whole season trying to flog Carroll and find an alternative, maybe go for Ings again next Summer.
I love you FM, I missed you :wub:
Steam should automatically save your saves to their cloud

It doesn't do it automatically, does it? Do you not have to set it up to do that?
I think most games automatically save in the cloud?
To access football manager saves according to Sports Interactive you

Go to the Load Game and select the 'Cloud' tab. Here will be listed all your saves on the cloud. Select a save game and then the 'Load' button to load your save.

3 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Go to the Load Game and select the 'Cloud' tab. Here will be listed all your saves on the cloud. Select a save game and then the 'Load' button to load your save.

I know how to do it. But the FM saves dont automatically sync to the cloud, you have to specifically save them there

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

I know how to do it. But the FM saves dont automatically sync to the cloud, you have to specifically save them there

I'll save you two bickering and see what happens when I try it :lol: won't be until after the saints game though 

Does anybody have tips on beating Steven Gerrard whilst he's Sevco manager? I've played 6 times against him, lost 5 and drawn once, doesn't really matter what I do but I can't seem to beat the c**t. I have a cup final against them in the league cup, does anybody know a game plan/tactical approach to beat them? Cheers

Does anybody have tips on beating Steven Gerrard whilst he's Sevco manager? I've played 6 times against him, lost 5 and drawn once, doesn't really matter what I do but I can't seem to beat the c**t. I have a cup final against them in the league cup, does anybody know a game plan/tactical approach to beat them? Cheers

Get Demba Ba in yer team.

Consecutive promotions for Kelty, up into League Two! Sneaked past Brora then scudded Albion Rovers to come up. Kane Hester scored 4 in the first leg. Monster of a player at that level.

Squad needs heavily improved to deal with League Two though. Signed Dean Brett for right back, solid bet.

On 8/14/2018 at 04:23, Stellaboz said:

Consecutive promotions for Kelty, up into League Two! Sneaked past Brora then scudded Albion Rovers to come up. Kane Hester scored 4 in the first leg. Monster of a player at that level.

Squad needs heavily improved to deal with League Two though. Signed Dean Brett for right back, solid bet.

FM18 consistently picks Albion Rovers for double relegation in my saves, and judging by the start to their actual 2018-19 season it may be prophetic...

On 12/08/2018 at 13:31, RandomGuy. said:

I'll save you two bickering and see what happens when I try it :lol: won't be until after the saints game though 

Sorry @ajwffc and @Mr X I forgot :lol:

Started FM. Went to Load game, selected Cloud, and it was empty. 

guFyOvW.png

No greater feeling than that. None.

Quite enjoying an Arsenal save tbh, feel like they're maybe a bit OP, but maybe its just me (theyre definitely OP)

Doucoure the only signing whos played regularly, I also signed Berardi but hes been injured a lot. Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere all demanded moves to Man City/CL level team, so I've spent £17m on Arthur, he better be as good as the hype..