Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

Hi all quick question, I recently downloaded a 18-19 Scottish pyramid db with all the EoSFL changes included. It has been brilliant and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing as Preston Athletic in the conference C. However having finished 2nd in that conference and thus being put into the EoS premier for the next season, when June 25 comes around and all the leagues in Scotland gets their fixtures the EoS premier doesn't and just says "This league has not been scheduled yet". There is also no ladder or anything, does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

2 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Hi all quick question, I recently downloaded a 18-19 Scottish pyramid db with all the EoSFL changes included. It has been brilliant and I have thoroughly enjoyed playing as Preston Athletic in the conference C. However having finished 2nd in that conference and thus being put into the EoS premier for the next season, when June 25 comes around and all the leagues in Scotland gets their fixtures the EoS premier doesn't and just says "This league has not been scheduled yet". There is also no ladder or anything, does anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

It could be a problem with the db, sometimes they have bugs.  I would suggest going on the official Football manager forums, there are a lot of people who are good with this sort of thing on there. 

I am finding myself unable to stay on saves that long so I decided to bust out an old one, my Dundee United save that was started before the 18.3 patch came out.  I'm in the Premiership and doing alright, near the end of the 2018-19 season have a lock on 8th in the Premiership.  I had been on a good run but as soon as it looked like I could make the top 6 I lost 4 straight!  Sigh

On the plus side I made the Scottish Cup final against Dundee who are strangely good.

Looking at my team, I have a lot of Championship calibre players to get rid of.  Luca Gasparotto, Jordi Briels, and Kris Commons have already signed pre-contracts elsewhere while Tam Scobbie is out of contract.   Also have Stuart Murdoch, Robbie Thomson, and Billy King to re-home in the off season.  Youth prospects look good, a few top rated regens, including an entire front 4 of a 4-2-3-1!

Edited by senorsoupe

I have one of those weird Football Manager no-win situations in my Dundee United save.  I signed Craig Sibbald in January 2018 with the promise of getting promoted in 2019.  I got promoted in 2018 so forgot about the promise, now it's 2019 and he's being a c**t about breaking promises because we didn't get promoted IN 2019.  

Need help lads. Just brought in this new LWB:

image.thumb.png.f23a9e81b6e4b7fda6dfeee7e7cedcca.pngHe's

He's not fully there yet, but my scouts reckon he's better than both my current ones. He's 21 which is massive for me. I don't like having players the wrong side of their 20's for whatever reason.

I'm now overloaded at LWB. Who do I get rid of?

Option 1:

My current captain. Heading into his 7th season with me, but 30 and on his way down:

image.thumb.png.ca2b997bc74a7932384220eb47107703.png

image.thumb.png.b1a7c5926f3e61d6b5994eccc4df35f3.png

Option 2:

Last season's first choice LWB. Signed initially to replace Rogerio but struggled to begin with. Came into his own after Rogerio got an injury which kept him out for 3 month.

image.thumb.png.706f23c2a4cca1c62e1da938e01d7ea7.png

image.thumb.png.fb1d05f6b9725a917f47835f00c2370d.png

I have one of those weird Football Manager no-win situations in my Dundee United save.  I signed Craig Sibbald in January 2018 with the promise of getting promoted in 2019.  I got promoted in 2018 so forgot about the promise, now it's 2019 and he's being a c**t about breaking promises because we didn't get promoted IN 2019.  
I am having a similar problem signed a player between the 2017 and 2018 seasons in Sweden. Promised him I would get promoted by the end of the next season a couple of days before preseason starts and he wants to leave because I did not keep my promise after 4 weeks at the club

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's not fully there yet, but my scouts reckon he's better than both my current ones. He's 21 which is massive for me. I don't like having players the wrong side of their 20's for whatever reason.

Option 1:

My current captain. Heading into his 7th season with me, but 30 and on his way down:

Option 2:

Last season's first choice LWB. Signed initially to replace Rogerio but struggled to begin with. Came into his own after Rogerio got an injury which kept him out for 3 month.

Get rid of the guy who is 30.  A Captain who is not playing risks causing you trouble

Edited by senorsoupe

12 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I am having a similar problem signed a player between the 2017 and 2018 seasons in Sweden. Promised him I would get promoted by the end of the next season a couple of days before preseason starts and he wants to leave because I did not keep my promise after 4 weeks at the club

It was worse in older versions, I would have fringe players that would ask for more game time with like 3 matches before the end of the season and would get all disgruntled even if you started them all those games

28 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

It was worse in older versions, I would have fringe players that would ask for more game time with like 3 matches before the end of the season and would get all disgruntled even if you started them all those games

It gets better the longer you go. My ten season career with Aberdeen seen me have five seasons without anyone complaining. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Option 1:

image.thumb.png.ca2b997bc74a7932384220eb47107703.png

image.thumb.png.b1a7c5926f3e61d6b5994eccc4df35f3.png

Option 2:

image.thumb.png.706f23c2a4cca1c62e1da938e01d7ea7.png

image.thumb.png.fb1d05f6b9725a917f47835f00c2370d.png

I'd be getting rid of player two, if player one would accept a lesser role in the squad. Mentally looks superb for tutoring. I have a huge thing for keeping older players though. 

Player two likely easier to sell aswell. 

Sometimes your scouts get things badly wrong.  My scouts told me Christian Gamboa would be a brilliant signing for Dundee United, a massive upgrade on my existing right backs Alan Hutton and Stuart Murdoch. 

So far he has been awful for me lol 

Couldn’t get into saves to jumped into my old Hibs save. Had won the betfred cup & Scottish cup both seasons running, finishing narrowly behind Celtic in the league both seasons.

Went on a mammoth run from January onwards winning every single game to win the league with ease.

Easily beat Apoel in the champions league play off to make the groups.

Group stage draw - Barcelona, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen, Hibernian :lol:

Jamie MacLaren is an absolute fucking goal machine in it, won the European golden boot last season and I worked out he’s scored something ridiculous like 161 goals in 148 games.

Cannot sell anyone for toffee though. Jack Hendry is somehow valued at £8.5m and I got offered £325k off of Portsmouth for him :lol:

Oh and despite winning betfred cup x2, scottish cup x3 and now winning the league I’m still only favoured personnel.

I have decide to go with a Montrose save today to see how I get on with them.  Only got as far as playing the second round of Betfred cup group games today before watching the Argentina game tonight, but this result caught my attention.

20180626_221824.jpg

Anybody else have problems with fixtures not getting generated? In my 2nd season in Sweden and the league fixtures have not be generated. The only fixtures are for the group stages of the Svenska Cupen(early rounds are at the end of one season then a group stage and final rounds at the start of the next season)

Big fan of the weird shit that happens when you just keep going with a save.

I'm in season 2044/45 on FM17 and came across my first female manager, 56 year old Lacey Black of East Stirlingshire. She's done not bad, getting them in and around the play-off spots in League 2. She was also at Dumbarton 10 seasons previously and won them promotion to League 1, getting sacked the next season. 

The game also seems to have a pleasing knack for trolling Rangers. They were managed by a guy called Rod Stewart, assisted by Roger Maley, and they seem to be a production plant for Scottish born players choosing to play for Ireland.

I think every top flight team, plus a good few lower league teams, now have stadiums with at least 20,000 capacity too. 

Edited by AMMjag

Picked up my Dundee United save, didn't play well and found myself needing 10 points in 15 games in December to avoid the sack.  I got 9, foiled by a late equalizer by Celtic at Parkhead with my undoing being an atrocious home form.  I was replaced by David Moyes

Anyways I quickly landed on my feet, taking over at Watford who were 18th in the Premier League on 18 points, here was their form when I took over

image.thumb.png.d7b283ad972e76f9f198d29bc93f235f.png

Here were my results

image.png.43b6348a61760937bcd73eed6f48dea9.png

I ended up getting 25 points to finish 14th on 43.  Point 40 was the 2-2 home draw with Arsenal and then my team sort of checked out and I shitfested my way to the end of the season.  I wasn't mathematically safe going into the final game of the season at Brighton.  

I now have to dump a metric fuckton of players, there are a huge number of shite veterans still under contract for a year or two