Football Manager 2018

ajwffc

On my Leeds, currently sat 4th in February, 3 points off top. Only lost 2 league games, but have drawn at ridiculous amount of games.

My title charge has taken a massive hit though, seeing as all my strikers have reasonably bad injuries...

Genuinely gutted beyond belief three days before the champs league final and Rajkovic gets a long term injury. Ben Amos has played 0 minutes this season. Will likely get a pumping now but I really fancied my chances with a full 11 available. 

Two late goals made it respectable. Well and truly pumped off a team that finished behind Man City in the league so I was quietly confident could get at them but they had some fire power. Europa league and champions league back to back would have been incredible but wasn't to be. 

With the run though our finances are over £60 million and I currently only have £6 million to improve the squad. I can imagine the sharks will be circling for a few of our players. Brexit made it really tough to sign foreign players on the cheap. Hence why my side is full of brits or expensive foreigners. 

IMG_2535.JPG

Edited by Broony88

A decent start season number 2 at St Johnstone. Managed to beat Dynamo Tblisi 5-2 on aggregate (all goals scored in the away leg) with Keziah Sterling scoring on his debut. Drew Ajax in the 3rd qualifying round and lost 5-3 on aggregate (2-0 away defeat, 3-3 draw at home). First league game was a 5-0 win at home to Dundee with Liam Henderson getting a hat trick. 5 competitive matches and no goals for Isma to this point, which was mildly concerning.... He then scored a hat trick in a 3-3 draw against premiership QoS in the League Cup (we eventually won on penalties).

Hibs home at next. The board are trying to sign a striker who has better stats than Isma. If that comes to pass, I'll move Isma to the right, play Sterling on the left and play this new striker through the middle.

Lewis Morgan sustained a cruciate ligament injury in the Ajax away leg. 10 months out injured - absolutely gutted.

Edited by Kyle

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Two late goals made it respectable. Well and truly pumped off a team that finished behind Man City in the league so I was quietly confident could get at them but they had some fire power. Europa league and champions league back to back would have been incredible but wasn't to be. 

With the run though our finances are over £60 million and I currently only have £6 million to improve the squad. I can imagine the sharks will be circling for a few of our players. Brexit made it really tough to sign foreign players on the cheap. Hence why my side is full of brits or expensive foreigners. 

IMG_2535.JPG

Don't take this the wrong way but have you tried using either F12 or snipping tool to get your screen grabs as opposed to taking a photo of your laptop screen?  

59 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Don't take this the wrong way but have you tried using either F12 or snipping tool to get your screen grabs as opposed to taking a photo of your laptop screen?  

I do but don't use pie and bovril on my laptop. Use laptop for FM only. 

I've had some fairly serious injury and fixture congestion issues meaning that some younger players have gotten some game time and some have really impressed.  Ryan Christie, Greg Taylor (who I got for cheap as a backup after Killie got relegated), Jack Aitchison, and Lewis Morgan have all been excellent replacing injured players.  I even gave Scott Allan two sub appearances (he was pretty pish in both cameos) and PJ Crossan a debut.  

Played 3 more league games before turning in last night. Beat Hibs 3-2 at McDiarmid (after being 3-0 up after 20 minutes), QoS 3-0 at Palmerston and lost 4-1 at Celtic Park (after taking the lead in the first minute).

Sitting top after a solid start. Isma has finally found his shooting boots - he's up to 5 for the season. He's behind Henderson in the top goalscorer race however - he's scored 6 and has 5 assists in his first 7 matches.

Here is a quick look at where I am with Celtic so far. Here is the league table after 8 games.  I also made the group stages of the champions league, both my games have been decided in injury time, first away to Spurs I conceded an injury time winner before beating Lyon at Parkhead thanks to a James Forrest goal from a lovely Ryan Christie cross.  

5a269d1ca81b8_tableoct2018.PNG.ac9fb2e9948937cfbba13c1add000b65.PNG

ANd here is my squad based on selection info so far.  The winger James Campbell was a 16 year old free agent when I started the save, snapped him up and sent him on loan to Hamilton for the 2017-18 season, he's come back and already looking like a decent Patrick Roberts Replacement 5a269d743efb0_squadoct2017.thumb.PNG.258ac02874d02fd31bd4758ff459cde2.PNG

I took ten mins out playing just to have a look at some records. Only Partick Thistle 0-1 in the Scottish Cup and Chelsea 0-3 in the champions league group stage have managed to win at Celtic park in 4 and a bit seasons. 

Rajkovic left for Spurs unfortunately they met his £14 million release clause, McGinn has gone to Liverpool for £30 million plus clauses, also got £14 million for Joe Gomez who was back up anyway. 

In has come a Dutch wonderkid up front, Malcom from Bordeaux, another Dutch wonderkid in centre midfield, Pangiotis Retsos from Leverkusen, Wanyama as back up and a Mexican keeper who is actually really shit and won't last long. The Carlos Pena of the goalkeeping world. 

Pumped Real Madrid 6-2 in first group game of champions league but then lost 2-0 in Anderlecht who are the fourth seeds and absolute beasts. Tough group with Bayern the other team in the group. Hibs have joined us in the group stages but have been drawn with Chelsea, Napoli and Athletic Bilbao. 

Just conceded a late goal, to win Falkirk the game, in the 97th minute. Absolutely nothing happened in the match, apart from two goals each, and there was nine minutes added on.

That bug has been in the game since day fucking one

Beat Kaunus 5-1 in first Europa league qualifier on aggregate then lost 2-0 to Molde at home only to win 3-1 on return leg. Got Lokomotiv Moscow next, be a struggle.

No getting the star ratings. Got a good scout and he saw the guy as 5 star potential then when i sign him fans are disappointed and potential is 3 now?