Margaret Fleming

20 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

genuinely curious - who might be keeping said gentleman from top spot on your 'punchable raspberries' list ?

have any other P&B'ers given a less-able person a good shoeing ?

There was a St Johnstone fan on here a while back bragging about pelting stuff at an opposition fan in a wheelchair, does that count?

4 hours ago, Oscar P said:

Why did the police not examine the Inverkip cctv footage after unbelievably not checking it in the first instance?
(possibly it's only kept for a certain length of time)

Considering the distance from the house to either station I was extremley confused why they went to the further away one straight away.

CCTV is defo only kept for so long before it's taped over anaw. think they need to be quick with the request for a copy.

Does my gut feeling say that both Cairney and Jones are guilty as sin? Yes.

On the basis of the evidence shown in the programme, and the lack of a body or any other forensic evidence, could I with a clear conscience say they were 100% guilty beyond all reasonable doubt? Probably not.

The failure to consider the possibility that she had left the house and headed for Inverkip rather than Weymss Bay was utterly baffling.

I have no idea why the prosecution even put the bone guy on the witness stand, when all that proved was that no human bones had been found.

Jones is obviously terrified of Cairney IMO, but her demeanour during the BBC interview and her failure to say anything when asked what she would say to Margaret was pretty damning. My missus is of the opinion that if Cairney carks it first, Jones might come clean then.

On 12/01/2020 at 21:07, eindhovendee said:
On 12/01/2020 at 19:06, Empty It said:
The defence lawyer for Cairney is such a smug wee c**t, every time he pauses and does that face after a witness answers a question should result in a swift slap.

He also sounded like Chic Young so I couldn't take him seriously at all although he was up against it having to defend an arsehole.

This might be true of the defendant but it's not a crime. Half of the Posters on P&B would be arrested if it were.....

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Does my gut feeling say that both Cairney and Jones are guilty as sin? Yes.

On the basis of the evidence shown in the programme, and the lack of a body or any other forensic evidence, could I with a clear conscience say they were 100% guilty beyond all reasonable doubt? Probably not.

The failure to consider the possibility that she had left the house and headed for Inverkip rather than Weymss Bay was utterly baffling.

I have no idea why the prosecution even put the bone guy on the witness stand, when all that proved was that no human bones had been found.

Jones is obviously terrified of Cairney IMO, but her demeanour during the BBC interview and her failure to say anything when asked what she would say to Margaret was pretty damning. My missus is of the opinion that if Cairney carks it first, Jones might come clean then.

I don’t think Jones is as coy and timid as she tried to present.

That pip form showed how manipulative she could be.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He could've dictated that. I think she looked terrified. Thick and terrified.

My thoughts exactly, however they are now in separate prisons and he looks like the grim reaper will be paying him a visit sooner rather than later so she is highly unlikely to ever see him again, therefore she could do herself a massive favour as well as doing the decent thing by revealing what really happened to that poor girl, she may just manage to get a reduction of some sort on her sentence. 

On 14/01/2020 at 15:04, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

Served on a jury before and the folk serving with me were complete fuckin simpletons. “Guilty- he’s a junkie c**t” was one of my favourite quotes. I reckon being a juror should be a full time job with training etc. Having some fuckin idiots being responsible for ruining people’s lives is insane.

Mrs Mathematics is a long time advocate of having juror as an occupation. Would be boring as f**k, I would imagine.

He could've dictated that. I think she looked terrified. Thick and terrified.
That was my thoughts too.

Read an article online where even Cairney's solicitor admits that Jones silence when she was asked by Suzanne Allan if she had anything to say to Margaret was pretty damning.

The judges full sentencing statement can be found here. Going by the fact their sentences started on different dates I can only presume that Cairney was bailedwhen they were first arrested, while Jones was remanded in custody.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/2233/HMA-v-Edward-Cairney-and-Avril-Jones

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/2233/HMA-v-Edward-Cairney-and-Avril-Jones

I watched 24 hours in police custody the night before this programme, where one of the guys arrested for murder tried to pin the blame on the other. I was thinking that instead of staying silent and hoping the lack of evidence might provide enough doubt to lead to a not proven/not guilty verdict, Avril would eventually say that it was Eddie who did it and she was scared of him etc.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Mrs Mathematics is a long time advocate of having juror as an occupation. Would be boring as f**k, I would imagine.

We do kinda have them. They're called sheriffs and judges. Having professional jurors would defeat the "tried by your peers" thing. The reason why c***s like me, police officers, etc are barred from serving on a jury is that we're part of the system.