John McKeown leaves Cumnock

glensmad

26 minutes ago, bawrash said:

So he’s basically saying he was wanting more money as the players he signed only 3 months weren’t good enough and he’s made an arse of it.

Or he wanted money to buy the type of player(s) that would get Cumnock the level of success (challenging Talbot,Beith etc) that they seem to think they should be achieving. The players that he signed this year aren`t going to deliver that but if they were within his budget then that`s the best you can expect...... nothing to do with making an arse of it,it`s dealing within your budget

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 Or he wanted money to buy the type of player(s) that would get Cumnock the level of success (challenging Talbot,Beith etc) that they seem to think they should be achieving. The players that he signed this year aren`t going to deliver that but if they were within his budget then that`s the best you can expect...... nothing to do with making an arse of it,it`s dealing within your budget

It was him that told the committee that was the players he wanted. Adam Forsyth for example was signed for a substantial fee and I believe 1 of the highest paid players at the club,he lasted a couple of months and was shipped off back to Troon as he didn’t fit in the managers plans so maybe John should have done his homework on him a bit more before signing him.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:58, bawrash said:

It was him that told the committee that was the players he wanted. Adam Forsyth for example was signed for a substantial fee and I believe 1 of the highest paid players at the club,he lasted a couple of months and was shipped off back to Troon as he didn’t fit in the managers plans so maybe John should have done his homework on him a bit more before signing him.

Adam Forsyth cost this club nothing, and was far from being the highest paid player at the club. Agree John should have done a bit more background work on him.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:32, GLESGABOY said:

GLESGABOY ;-   The most sensible post I have read on this thread.

Thought Cumnock were really good last season looked like they were continually progressing under McKeown. Surprised at their start to the season , might have been better giving the manager a bit extra finance as any new manager will be wanting some cash when he comes in anyway and there's no automatic relegation this season. Plenty time to turns things round. Reckon McKeown will be well quoted for any top job going in the near future.

I actually bumped into John last night and we obviously got talking about recent events. Regards Forsyth, John stated that there was neither a big fee nor wage involved and with many things in life not just football not everything goes to plan, especially with singings as every supporter of any club would have to agree.  John said that Adam moved back to Troon for game time more than anything and was swapped for Semple.

As he doesn’t, like most managers, use or rather post on forums like here John was quick to state that he left, what he called a fantastic committee, on good terms and doesn’t want that relationship soured.

As an outsider looking in I think it’s fair to say he got more right than wrong, a league win, two cup finals and that win over Talbot isn’t too bad IMO.

John said he had no bad feelings with the club and wished them every success in the future.

As I say I bumped into him last night so he’s not sat beside me, take his comments as you wish but maybe remember what he achieved in a short space of time and get behind whoever is appointed as the new manager and move on as I am sure John will.

Adam didnt get a signing on fee. At the time troon would have been paying good wages. And like semple i beleive that adam took a wage cut just to play football. But thats didnt work out for Adam as he didnt suit the managers style of play. So i ask myswlf this why did cumnock pay the money that is mentioned for adam

I actually bumped into John last night and we obviously got talking about recent events. Regards Forsyth, John stated that there was neither a big fee nor wage involved and with many things in life not just football not everything goes to plan, especially with singings as every supporter of any club would have to agree.  John said that Adam moved back to Troon for game time more than anything and was swapped for Semple.

As he doesn’t, like most managers, use or rather post on forums like here John was quick to state that he left, what he called a fantastic committee, on good terms and doesn’t want that relationship soured.

As an outsider looking in I think it’s fair to say he got more right than wrong, a league win, two cup finals and that win over Talbot isn’t too bad IMO.

John said he had no bad feelings with the club and wished them every success in the future.

As I say I bumped into him last night so he’s not sat beside me, take his comments as you wish but maybe remember what he achieved in a short space of time and get behind whoever is appointed as the new manager and move on as I am sure John will.

Absolute gentleman is big John, very surprised to see him leave but certain he'll pop up at a top club soon.

59 minutes ago, southerner said:

He applied for the Queen of the South managers job a couple of seasons ago

No he didn't and I can assure you he won't be the new Cumnock manager either!

Funny that the same Talbot fans that were telling us to butt out of their thread a few weeks ago have had plenty to say on this thread.

Archived