John McKeown leaves Cumnock

glensmad

Have to agree with the last two posters. Thought John on the whole had Cumnock moving in the direction. Ok they are going through a bit of a sticky patch right now but given time I'm sure he would got have it right.
I do think the Nock committee have made a panic decision here. But managers just don't get time to arrest a slide now.
Nock's loss will be someone's gain I know that for sure.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There hav been onfield issues for a wee while. Players signed & not played. Players played out of position. Positions that need addressed & ignored. Ah know it isnae easy & John/Martin wid be working their nits off, but it jist wisnae happening.

52 minutes ago, forrest said:

There hav been onfield issues for a wee while. Players signed & not played. Players played out of position. Positions that need addressed & ignored. Ah know it isnae easy & John/Martin wid be working their nits off, but it jist wisnae happening.

Serious question-so what will the new guy do that will change things?

I know I'm a Talbot fan, but I'm genuinely not taking the P when I say that this is the default situation for the Cumnock fans and committee. The rest of us looking in know that a handful of poor results and the manager's days are numbered. 

You all need to give someone a decent chance or, and I suspect this is the real issue, ask questions of what's happening beyond team affairs. 

Agrer, to a point. Biggest problem (imo) is the Nock look to our neighbours and see success..... Fans can be fickle, urs included at the moment??
Something was not right in that dressing room, players just not performing. Only the playing/coaching staff will know what it was.

20 minutes ago, forrest said:

Agrer, to a point. Biggest problem (imo) is the Nock look to our neighbours and see success..... Fans can be fickle, urs included at the moment??
Something was not right in that dressing room, players just not performing. Only the playing/coaching staff will know what it was.

Regardless of who the manager is, what from your point of view is a realistic measure of success then? What do they have to do to be considered a success?

1 hour ago, forrest said:

Success to me is winning everything you play for. But on a realistic basis, success is building year on year, to you are in a position to compete againstbthe t@lbots of the world.

so they have to gain at least an extra league position each year and win a cup or cups? Does the budget that the manager operates with reflect this level of expectation?

No idea on budget. That is only my opinion keep mind.... But if you want to be a success, do you not want to be better than before?

Until the club is up their in the top 3/4 on a regular basis, then yes I want to move up a position from the previous year.

Does anyone have an idea where the Cumnock budget sits against the Talbots, Beiths, Polloks* of the world?

*Pollok a bad example given they are clearly spending a lot this season, for not much reward so far

You can take a guess a teams budgets but no one can be entirely sure what they are. Clubs don’t want their business shared with other clubs or fans of other clubs. Only people who will know for sure are the committees. Then again there are certain people who know ever last detail of another clubs business [emoji23][emoji23]

Does anyone have an idea where the Cumnock budget sits against the Talbots, Beiths, Polloks* of the world?

*Pollok a bad example given they are clearly spending a lot this season, for not much reward so far

Ask fan of the juniors I'm sure he will know

Just a point , the official announcement that John had left the club says “ by mutual consent” not Cumnock have decided to “drop kick” the coach.

That may actually have been the real scenario, but, maybe, just maybe , by mutual consent means a discussion between commitee / coach when both sides had their say and they agreed it was time to change
Whatever, the real story, I would like to wish the big fella and Dev all the best in whatever they do next and would not be surprised to see them take another club to a decent standard

15 hours ago, forrest said:

It amazes me how certain people who have hardly seen the team this season, can come on a forum and spout the most awful shit.

11 hours ago, Bul2 said:

Just a point , the official announcement that John had left the club says “ by mutual consent” not Cumnock have decided to “drop kick” the coach.

That may actually have been the real scenario, but, maybe, just maybe , by mutual consent means a discussion between commitee / coach when both sides had their say and they agreed it was time to change
Whatever, the real story, I would like to wish the big fella and Dev all the best in whatever they do next and would not be surprised to see them take another club to a decent standard

Ok, that's true. It does say mutual consent and drop kick is probably an over dramatic choice of words. However, the fact remains that the committee didn't want him to stay so the point still stands.

It amazes me how certain people who have hardly seen the team this season, can come on a forum and spout the most awful shit.

Yet it does not amaze you how you continually spout nonsense again & again...... Contradicting yourself in a weekly basis.......
It also disnae amaze you that you are NOT the one n only view on all things CJFC.

Ahd say bugger aff back to the Nock forum, but ah widnae want yo listen to you there either.

3 hours ago, lokforever said:

sparked an after-match meeting between McKeown and club officials at which it was unanimously agreed that he would resign his Townhead Park post with immediate effect.

The committee unanimously agreed he would resign?  :unsure:

sparked an after-match meeting between McKeown and club officials at which it was unanimously agreed that he would resign his Townhead Park post with immediate effect.
The committee unanimously agreed he would resign?  :unsure:

The way I read it was that he said back me financially or I will go and they have said no so he felt he had no choice but to resign.

Archived