The mighty Rovers v The red lichties

Thought it was more than 120 as well.
As for the game, it wasn’t pretty. Arbtoath started well, but the two quick goals just turnt them into a bunch of hacking b*****ds. Bit of frustration maybe at losing such a great unbeaten run. They seemed to hold us in the 2nd half, but they never really challenged smith.

The wee man have a good day?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see anything wrong with players winding up the crowd. Football fans can dish it out but seemingly can't take a bit back.

The Stranraer goalie giving a Rovers fan a few verbals earlier in the season was pretty funny.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

What was the rovers line up today whonwas in defence and midfield was it a straight 442 with Spence and Vaughan as the strikers 

Thomson moved to LB to accommodate Watson at RB, Davo joined Murray at CB, Spence ploughed a lone furrow up top and the rest played musical chairs in the middle.

The main surprise to me was the freedom Herron had to roam about and play up the park.

13 minutes ago, A.K. Barr said:

Quite amusing.

Raith were street wise and professional about their business. We must be the first team this season to stand up to you pretty boys.

Enjoy ur canter back to the championship in this league of “part time diddy teams”

Bobby Barr at FT btw. Geeing it the big licks to the Home fans. FAF.

:lol: We've seen numerous teams lose the plot on us once we've taken the lead. It seems to be Vaughan in particular who'll get scythed down after he's turned a couple of players. Part and parcel of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Don't see anything wrong with players winding up the crowd. Football fans can dish it out but seemingly can't take a bit back.

The Stranraer goalie giving a Rovers fan a few verbals earlier in the season was pretty funny.

This.  I always find it funny how fans spit the rag once a player gives it back. I'd far rather it was more back and forth. 

Fwiw, earlier in the thread there was chat about people claiming we should be above this level. We were ridiculously mismanaged last season, and we deserve to be playing here as a result of it. However, with the squad we've got we should be looking to bounce back straight away. We've played since after the East Fife game with a makeshift back 4 and we're still winning games. Bene was saying today he thinks he'll be back in 3 to 4 weeks which is massive. Throw in Lennox and McHattie too and then we're pretty much back to a full strength team.

It's a good experience at the moment for the younger lads. Watson looks like he was struggling a bit in the first half, but as the game went on he grew into it. He actually played a few exceptional long balls too. The more game time and confidence these lads get the better. 

2 minutes ago, rw89 said:

:lol: We've seen numerous teams lose the plot on us once we've taken the lead. It seems to be Vaughan in particular who'll get scythed down after he's turned a couple of players. Part and parcel of the game. 

This.  I always find it funny how fans spit the rag once a player gives it back. I'd far rather it was more back and forth. 

Fwiw, earlier in the thread there was chat about people claiming we should be above this level. We were ridiculously mismanaged last season, and we deserve to be playing here as a result of it. However, with the squad we've got we should be looking to bounce back straight away. We've played since after the East Fife game with a makeshift back 4 and we're still winning games. Bene was saying today he thinks he'll be back in 3 to 4 weeks which is massive. Throw in Lennox and McHattie too and then we're pretty much back to a full strength team.

It's a good experience at the moment for the younger lads. Watson looks like he was struggling a bit in the first half, but as the game went on he grew into it. He actually played a few exceptional long balls too. The more game time and confidence these lads get the better. 

If Watson gets freedom to get up the pitch he has a cracking right peg, it's a shame his long range effort met the talented Hutton this afternoon.

16 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

If Watson gets freedom to get up the pitch he has a cracking right peg, it's a shame his long range effort met the talented Hutton this afternoon.

:lol: I got confused as to who it was. I was like "Is that Matthews?!" before realising it was him. Shame it didn't go in. Would've been another good news story for the development team and Easton. Kirkcaldy lad too. 

A game devoid  of much quality.Arbroath a decent outfit until an opportunist goal by Vaughan to give us a pretty undeserved lead.After that we slightly improved and saw out the game fairly comfortably but we were no where near our best by any stretch of the imagination

I think Arbroath will have a good season and certainly capable of a play off spot.Good crowd down from Arbroath and certainly more than 120.With their supporters in the Main stand next to the home end great to have a bit of banter back and forth,something thats been missng for years

Had our chances today but didn't take them. The one where it is crossed over everyone's heads and finds Linn (I think) at the back post and he manages to hit the bar from 2 yards out. Shite. Their first goal was very avoidable. That big ginger boy (Thomson?) Doesn't look like he should be good or fast but he is, we didn't deal with him well.

Think your steak pies are maybe better than the ones at Gayfield, class.

Good to see banter between fans and players alot of games missing that these days. Also Novar bar looks like a shop from outside but was surprisingly good.

Raith will win league easily, better team than Ayr in my opinion. Looking forward to playing use again :)

46 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

Usually I would agree but certain referees don’t always do so and it was silly of Davo, especially while on a yellow.  We really don’t need our ‘captain’ getting sent off with half a game remaining and then suspended when we have two 1st team defenders out injured. As captain and experienced pro he should be the one setting examples, not rising to the bait of 120(maybe 600) Arbroath fans.

Incidentally, wasn’t it Gayfield Davo got sent off after final whistle for sticking the heed on someone a few year ago? 

Over the past 10/15years there's pretty much always been a full time team playing in this league, they should on paper stroll it and think Raith will.

Got a lot of time for Barry Smith and think he could do well. From what I've seen I think we should be aiming for play offs. 

Had our chances today but didn't take them. The one where it is crossed over everyone's heads and finds Linn (I think) at the back post and he manages to hit the bar from 2 yards out. Shite. Their first goal was very avoidable. That big ginger boy (Thomson?) Doesn't look like he should be good or fast but he is, we didn't deal with him well.

Think your steak pies are maybe better than the ones at Gayfield, class.

Good to see banter between fans and players alot of games missing that these days. Also Novar bar looks like a shop from outside but was surprisingly good.

Raith will win league easily, better team than Ayr in my opinion. Looking forward to playing use again [emoji4]

It was Denholm who hit the bar

Ah right. Looked like a sitter but will wait and see highlights.

I thought the young lad Watson got a touch on that which sent it to the bar. I could be wrong though. That would be some achievement if he managed to hit the bar from 2 yards out without interference albeit at a tight angle.

Raith will win the league, probably by double figures.

I’d also like to say that Tam O’Brien in one of the best CB’s in this league. What a player we have

Is he the guy who made the last ditch tackle on Spence In the second half?

Ryan McCord.... holy sh*t.... how unfit is he... that must be one of the most overweight players ever to grace Starks Park. How he lasted 67 mins is beyond me. He was burst after 30 mins.

As for the Arbroath fans, well they certainly were a feisty bunch today. To be fair most of their young team were in the Novar after the game and not a bit of bother from them. 

Archived