Newnains community football team

jinkie

I think gary n craig coming in is a great appointment for newmains..as they both are young playermanagers who will have loads of contacts.and in the long run will improve newmains..as for kevin i cant believe people are on having a go at him .as its tough to get players in when you are paying 0..when i was at the Ants for 18 years i was at a game most nights looking to get players in..it can be done as the ants have proved over the years .we as a club knew the team had to survive first n foremost.so there was no expenses or anything for players..and we have had some brillliant teams over the years.all for nothing.even this year.Ronnie mcDonald  n John Doyle sitting joint top of league..on the same 0 budget..so.if gary n craig have the hunger n desire to go n look n find good players .they will do fine....always had a wee soft spot for newmains..as when they were coltness.the cottmiester made his debut there for Ants .n scored a 45 yarder..was voted best goal ever.........cheers cotter n good luck to kevin at muirkirk..

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season i dont see muirkirk as a step up from newmains maybe more committee members. My point was 5 players have went from newmains to muirkirk and its the same pattern close to results but still no there men sent off and too open at the back and chaseing games never on the front foot. Hopefully im proved wrong but just my opinion 

Committee at Newmains are a joke.  Should do the decent thing and resign

What a terrible post, Bill does an excellent job at the club, instead of coming on here and posting a load of nonsense you should be getting onboard the committee

10 hours ago, Darkest Lanarkshire said:

What an absolute half wit, I’ve got a fair idea who this will be, so will Bill. Next time your half way through a 24 pack leave your computer turned off.

Bill Carrigan does an excellent job better to step up and help him instead of talking utter shite on here.

What an absolute half wit, I’ve got a fair idea who this will be, so will Bill. Next time your half way through a 24 pack leave your computer turned off.
Bill Carrigan does an excellent job better to step up and help him instead of talking utter shite on here.

A wee baldy gk coach by any chance?

No idea of the ins and outs at Newmains, but as always when you see posts of this kind the smart money is invariably on it being someone – player, coach, committee member - that’s previously been hunted from the club, and is sitting there bitter’n’twisted and bent out of shape about How They Done Me Wrong.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ridiculous statement. This is a post from someone who knows very little about what goes on at Newmains. Reeks of bitterness[emoji57]

A wee baldy gk coach by any chance?

Lol.
If that's me your referring to you couldn't be further off the mark.

Never once have I critised newmains united & never will I.
Loved my time at the club & know exactly how hard anyone involved works to keep them going.

Don't know the new committee but have only ever heard good things from Marty mclauchlan who helped out up at the club last season.

Newmains are a club that have always lingered down the bottom of the league and took points of some of the big teams through a season. Royal Albert were once a team like that as well, how ever Nizzy has turned that team around. I think a lot of that has to do with his age and contacts from playing Junior football. I think Newmains have done the right thing by appointing Gary and Gupps and wish them the very best of luck. I'm sure the result on Saturday wouldn't have knocked any confidence as they were left with practically no team (No disrespect to you Kevin on bringing what you thought were your better players with you)

As far as the committee are concerned, I haven't the slightest idea what goes on behind closed doors at juniors, but what I have read from the previous statements, Kevin didn't have a chance to work purely on recruiting players and working with them on the park because of the duties needed off the park. I've always believed that was done by the committee and the football side was the manager.

59 minutes ago, S.Irvine said:

Lol.
If that's me your referring to you couldn't be further off the mark.

Never once have I critised newmains united & never will I.
Loved my time at the club & know exactly how hard anyone involved works to keep them going.

Don't know the new committee but have only ever heard good things from Marty mclauchlan who helped out up at the club last season.

Wasn’t referring to you, I’m not actually sure I know who you are? Perhaps we’ve met but Defo not a gk coach

Wasn’t referring to you, I’m not actually sure I know who you are? Perhaps we’ve met but Defo not a gk coach

No mate I've never met you. Worked at the club for Ian Rankin & billy McKie.

But the baldy gk coach quoted by another poster I'm sure was aimed at me.

I've nothing but respect for anyone who has/or does give up their time for Newmains.

No worries.

I’ll leave this topic as is, I’ve got Muirkirk to concentrate on and I’m thouroughly enjoying it so far.

What I will say is Bill Carrigan is one of the most decent men I have ever met, he will be a life long friend and I will never forget the support he gave me in football and personally when my daughter was gravely ill. Thanks Bill keep up the good work 

Easiest  thing in the world to criticise.

Running a junior club is difficult at the best of times,  when you are at the wrong end of the league then that's when it takes real dedication and commitment.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there who  talk a good game but that's it.  

Well run smaller clubs can progress over a time,  Wishaw are good example of a well run smaller club as is St.Rochs.

My only comment about Newmains is that all their Facebook and Twitter comments have ended with # New Era.   Then you get beat 12-1 first game  leaves you wide open to idiots to make silly comments like they have here.

Good luck for the rest of the season we have been were you are just now and it will get better.

I use this forum for what it is. It can be amusing and is often informative. I have refrained from making comments on some previous posts as this can often be taken out of context.
To set the record straight once and for all can I just clarify the following.
Newmains results are there for all to see in recent years.
What the results do not always reflect is some of the performances we have put in. Under Kevin there were so many good performances which the final score did not always reflect.
Kevin and his backroom team always gave 100% in their training and game preparations.
As for the players who have left us to join Muirkirk they left with our best wishes for the future and our gratitude for their efforts while playing for Newmains.
There was nothing underhand in them signing for Muirkirk

The simple fact is that the players he had too work with - while always giving 100%- were short of the qualities required to win games.

We as a club do not have any money to invest in the playing squad and as a consequence of this it is difficult to attract the players required .

Gary and Craig have come to the club with a clear understanding of the task in hand and we are delighted to have them at the helm.
Both lads agree with me that local recruitment is key as this in turn can increase footfall and perhaps stimulate some local interest.
This in turn could increase revenue and as such eventually enhance the budget for players.
As ever we work as a team at Newmains both on and off the park.
Club's such as ours are run by guys who love the game and it's my privilege to meet many like minded guys on our travels.
I think of the armchair warriors who come on here spouting rubbish would be taken more seriously if they actually got behind their local teams- whoever that may be.
The journey continues for Newmains and while these things take time it's an honour to be involved in the juniors.
Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the season and beyond.
Bill Carrigan
Chairman
Newmains United

6 minutes ago, billthetim said:

I use this forum for what it is. It can be amusing and is often informative. I have refrained from making comments on some previous posts as this can often be taken out of context.
To set the record straight once and for all can I just clarify the following.
Newmains results are there for all to see in recent years.
What the results do not always reflect is some of the performances we have put in. Under Kevin there were so many good performances which the final score did not always reflect.
Kevin and his backroom team always gave 100% in their training and game preparations.
As for the players who have left us to join Muirkirk they left with our best wishes for the future and our gratitude for their efforts while playing for Newmains.
There was nothing underhand in them signing for Muirkirk

The simple fact is that the players he had too work with - while always giving 100%- were short of the qualities required to win games.

We as a club do not have any money to invest in the playing squad and as a consequence of this it is difficult to attract the players required .

Gary and Craig have come to the club with a clear understanding of the task in hand and we are delighted to have them at the helm.
Both lads agree with me that local recruitment is key as this in turn can increase footfall and perhaps stimulate some local interest.
This in turn could increase revenue and as such eventually enhance the budget for players.
As ever we work as a team at Newmains both on and off the park.
Club's such as ours are run by guys who love the game and it's my privilege to meet many like minded guys on our travels.
I think of the armchair warriors who come on here spouting rubbish would be taken more seriously if they actually got behind their local teams- whoever that may be.
The journey continues for Newmains and while these things take time it's an honour to be involved in the juniors.
Best of luck to everyone for the rest of the season and beyond.
Bill Carrigan
Chairman
Newmains United

Hi all at newmains

Yes you will and do have a very hard job.

Coltness united was a very well respected team within the junior ranks and the name change is a hard thing for people to take and understand,also calling yourself BILLTHE TIM AND HAVING YOUR FAVOURITE TEAM AS CELTIC is surely dividing your chances of signing players of a certain persuasion.

While i stay outside your catchment area i do know that the Wishaw area is a very temperamental area and signing yourself as such wont help.

Your field being located well away from houses is another factor in not getting people in to matches.

While these are not all of your problems I would ask you to consider what i have said.

I am a supporter of a junior club and i know how hard it is - so all the very best to you.

Archived