Re facilities

sctv

Facilities mean a bit more than cover, but to answer the initial question...cover.  I've been to quite a few Gartcairn games, it's just not a great place to watch a game.  That's not meant as criticism, as such, you are where you are. And I'd stay there rather than some of the alternatives.

Got to be honest here but Huntershill is not fit to be a junior venue. Nice facility for the good people of East Dunbartonshire to make use of, but not for a Junior Club to call its home.

It's a public park that anyone can get access to, and with regards to supporters, there are zero facilities that can be accessed. Anyone can view the games from the grass to the rear or from the road behind the goal lol. Absolutely laughable!! It would be nice to have a Bovril/coffee, or a pie, or even a cheeky wee beer before or after the game lol. Not a thought for the supporters of Rossvale's flagship senior team.

In terms of viewing of the game, how hard could it have been to have a little raised concrete area for the supporters within the park (inside the fenced area) to get a better view?? And a small cover for supporters to view the game in all weathers?? After all, it is an all weather surface isn't it??

It's a brand new facility, supposedly built with Rossvale in mind as main users / tenants. Surely the above points, or at least some could have been taken into account??

With regards to Gartcairn. It's not too much better. However, at least they have covered over the fencing with Club colours and the odd advert here n there to avoid the public outside the pitch viewing the game. They have tried to give it a wee bit of identity.

The ground looks as if it belongs to a club. That's what I'm getting at here!!

If this is what Clubs would choose as a home with so called facilities available in all weather, then you can keep it, because all of the other basics have been forgotten about with regards to the people attending the games!!

I don't see how you can't have a bit of both. Just look at how well Renfrew in the West and Blackburn in the East (to name a few) have managed to include all in there facilities.

There's got to be a happy medium; out of the 3G parks in the West, Cumnock, Renfrew  Port Glasgow and Largs have got it right...out of those four two are just a case of laying turf on a pre-existing setup though.

Petershill and Carluke SHOULD be more enjoyable than they are...both of them suffer from exposed locations and a sterile sports-centreish vibe unfortunately, and as for the Bens, Gartcairn, and Rossvale, sure the game'll always be on, but given the lack of shelter from the elements, who's going to walk the length of themselves to go to a game there if the weather's still sketchy?

8 minutes ago, kb said:

My honest opinion grass is much better than 3g 4g only my opinion though to many injures on astro

The club I support have played on rugby compliant all weather for 4 years and have not had any more (in fact less) injuries. Well cared for and not over used Astro is excellent.

I am sure the secret is not to get greedy and overplay these pitches.  

Its hard I guess, your new or a long serving club whose ground / pitch has fallen into a state that you have to move or maybe you've been offered a sum of money too good to refuse that you choose to move as you can afford to upgrade your present ground. You move, 99.9999999999% of the time its to synthetic surfaces as they have the likelihood of being on every week plus the chance to generate extra income from them is massive.  If its your place its your call how things work, Cumnock and Largs as stated being the perfect examples as it was done on their park. Others who move or are new, how much say do they actually have on the new build?  Its hard I imagine as your dammed if you stay and games are off and dammed if you move and its astro and no cover for example, I personally would give these clubs time to bed in and hopefully make changes to improve the match day experience rather than shout them down. I must add that some, many have given constructive ideas towards doing just that while others just want to find fault in everything.

19 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

Its hard I guess, your new or a long serving club whose ground / pitch has fallen into a state that you have to move or maybe you've been offered a sum of money too good to refuse that you choose to move as you can afford to upgrade your present ground. You move, 99.9999999999% of the time its to synthetic surfaces as they have the likelihood of being on every week plus the chance to generate extra income from them is massive.  If its your place its your call how things work, Cumnock and Largs as stated being the perfect examples as it was done on their park. Others who move or are new, how much say do they actually have on the new build?  Its hard I imagine as your dammed if you stay and games are off and dammed if you move and its astro and no cover for example, I personally would give these clubs time to bed in and hopefully make changes to improve the match day experience rather than shout them down. I must add that some, many have given constructive ideas towards doing just that while others just want to find fault in everything.

Unless it's under a compulsory purchase order, you don't have to drool at the first developer that flashes a bit of leg as you walk past.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Unless it's under a compulsory purchase order, you don't have to drool at the first developer that flashes a bit of leg as you walk past.

Take Pollok for example, an absolutely fantastic  pitch and set up but no covered toilets for fans, unless hey ask and are pointed into the club house.  Its all about what you do within your means in your area?

Archived