Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

11 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Gets on my nerves when people who live further afield say it’s difficult to get to Hampden. Its slap bang in the middle (almost...) of the biggest city in Scotland. What do they want? A stadium right on their doorstep? No matter where in the country Scotland play, people will have to travel. Do we hear people from Newcastle and Manchester complaining about how far away Wembley is? 

Yes

Gets on my nerves when people who live further afield say it’s difficult to get to Hampden. Its slap bang in the middle (almost...) of the biggest city in Scotland. What do they want? A stadium right on their doorstep? No matter where in the country Scotland play, people will have to travel. Do we hear people from Newcastle and Manchester complaining about how far away Wembley is? 

Should be in Stirling mate.

Actually, scrap that. Should be at Murrayfield.

It's the best decision available. Murrayfield is just not good enough to make paying egg chasing worthwhile.

At the start of this pish  my real fear was they'd demolish  Hampden and rent the bigot domes so we should be grateful for it staying just as shite as before and not getting any better or worse.

15 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Almost slap bang in the middle of Glasgow but not really at all. Have you ever walked from the City centre to Hampden before? Not that I was advocating Murrayfield but the difference between Haymarket to Murrayfield and Queen St/ Central Station to Hampden is night and day.

People are quick to pile in on McDiarmid Park for being "too far out of town" when it's probably closer to Perth City centre than Hampden is to Glasgow City centre.

Besides, where the National team plays is irrelevant when you consider the utter incompetent morons that run the game in Scotland. Until this changes the mens game (don't want to taint the womens game as they seem to be fairly progressive) will continue to tread water.

Glad they have decided to stay at Hampden, but I'm still not sure I trust them to redevelop it to the standard it should be at.

Disappointed that my prediction from very early in this thread has come true though, that the SFA were simply using the process to drive down QP and buy it on the cheap. Could have been done privately instead of creating all the publicity it has. Suppose that was half the point for the SFA. Now getting credit for doing the right thing after looking like they wouldn't, as opposed to people just accepting what happened as being sensible and moving on with it.

1 minute ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Good news for the correct part of the country. Now let's turn Hampden into this please;

See the source image

:lol: Dream on! The sale price is actually £19m when the previous outstanding redevelopment costs are added. You'll get what you've got for the considerable time being!

1 minute ago, killiefan27 said:

The right decision in the end. Hampden is shite, but it's a damn site better than Murrayfield.

Hopefully see more friendlies and qualifiers played around the country though. at Ibrox and Parkhead.

FTFY.

23 minutes ago, Silvio said:

The comments under the article on the BBC are hilarious. One even mentions football fans destroying Murrayfield with their behaviour.

All the comments on the BBC articles are from bitter middle aged Scot-hating gammons. Best ignored.

Allowing money to go from football tickets to the SRU would have been crazy. It was never going to happen.

If people genuinely struggle to get to Hampden from the city centre it might be time to get a carer. Football special trains going back to Aberdeen/Inverness would be great but that's an issue for the Scottish Government.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Maybe because the transport links in England are far superior to ours??