Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, they'll extend the museum and use the rest for storage. 

Good revenue stream to be had there.  We're lethally underutilising the potentially lucrative kids party market as well.

Fucking SFA.

BBC saying that there will be an announcement today at 3pm.
Guess they will say they have agreed in principle to buy Hampden from QP.

Meh. I presume also they’ll announce a redevelopment project, but I fear we’ll be seeing Hampden being used as is for the foreseeable future.

Good revenue stream to be had there.  We're lethally underutilising the potentially lucrative kids party market as well.
Fucking SFA.

Move to Murrayfield, and we could be selling 62,000 tickets for those kids parties, presumably at a rate of 365 per year.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Move to Murrayfield, and we could be selling 62,000 tickets for those kids parties, presumably at a rate of 365 per year.

This would be typical of SFA mismanagement.

I'd be expecting one kids party every three hours including clear up, excluding match days.

8×350×62000 = 173.6 million tickets a year.

Why are the SFA refusing to exploit kids?!

Edited by Estragon
Covefefe moment

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Meh. I presume also they’ll announce a redevelopment project, but I fear we’ll be seeing Hampden being used as is for the foreseeable future.

It's definitely not going to be changed ahead of Euro 2020, that's for sure.

I wonder if they might try to get some state (UK or Scotland) money for a redevelopment ahead of the 2030 World Cup? A lot of assumptions involved there, of course.

1 hour ago, JamesM82 said:

It's definitely not going to be changed ahead of Euro 2020, that's for sure.

I wonder if they might try to get some state (UK or Scotland) money for a redevelopment ahead of the 2030 World Cup? A lot of assumptions involved there, of course.

Did I not read something last week that Haughey was going to give them cash to stay at Hampden ??

Yep,  lose the bowl layout and running track and make it more like a 4 stand effort.  Crowd closer to the pitch etc.  

I think they did something similar to the Merc Benz arena in Stuttgart?

Gets on my nerves when people who live further afield say it’s difficult to get to Hampden. Its slap bang in the middle (almost...) of the biggest city in Scotland. What do they want? A stadium right on their doorstep? No matter where in the country Scotland play, people will have to travel. Do we hear people from Newcastle and Manchester complaining about how far away Wembley is? 

Edited by IainMorton