Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

SRU make case for Murrayfield replacing Hampden as national stadium

(and here's a picture of how far away you'll be from the pitch)

Subtle, BBC, very subtle.

:lol:

My headline for the same article;

SRU Chief  wants greater rental income for SRU asset to benefit SRU

• 1 month later...

Not surprising, given only St Petersburg and the main stadium in Moscow hold over 45,000. Only games which have been notably short of capacity have been Egypt's games (except v Russia), and Panama v Tunisia... even then the stadiums were respectively 82%, 85% and 90% full.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JamesM82 said:

Daily Mail is saying that the SFA have given Queen's a deadline of Monday to agree to their buyout proposal, or they will move to Murrayfield.

It'd be just fecking typical of Scottish football for a move as high-profile as this to be done in bitterness and acrimony.

Step 1: Bid for the World Cup

Step 2: Line the pockets and suck the cocks of FIFA officials, lifetime supplies of whisky, shortbread, Irn Bru.

Step 3: Build 12 giant stadiums around the country - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Dundee, Forfar, Fort William, Lerwick, ...

Done.

On 7/21/2018 at 14:12, banana said:

Step 2: Line the pockets and suck the cocks of FIFA officials, lifetime supplies of whisky, shortbread, Irn Bru.

Step 3: Build 12 giant sthadiums around the country - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Dundee, Forfar, Fort William, Lerwick, ...

Done.

Hen Mcleish reads P&B, confirmed! :o

Scotland must bid to host 2030 World Cup – former FM McLeish

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/scotland-must-bid-to-host-2030-world-cup-former-fm-mcleish-1-4772426

Edited by banana

Step 3: Build 12 giant stadiums around the country - Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Dundee, Forfar, Fort William, Lerwick, ...
Done.

What about Kirkwall? What about Lamlash? One token island location. Disgraceful!

As much as it pains me to put up a link to this particular paper, Stephen McGowan seems to be the leading journalist with this 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5984237/Murrayfield-cost-Scottish-FA-twice-Hampden.html

If the deal stays as it is then Hampden is cheaper.

However the SFA have demanded QP sell up, else they will leave for Murrayfield.

Some board members are for Murrayfield to avoid maintenance costs and use bigger capacity most likely for Old Firm games.

For me, as it stands I don't like either stadium particularly. Murrayfield was dreadful for football with a shallow rake behind the goals in the lower tier and vast expanses of grass meaning it was hard to see the action. Hampden has similar faults behind the goals too. Both as it stands are poor options for spectators.

However I look at the Welsh example. They moved to a rugby stadium and left within 10 years. Their example is one we should be very wary of. As much as having the national stadium in the capital is a normal thing, I don't feel Murrayfield is an attractive option. As previously mentioned it is poor for football fans, parking is grim and it is not going to be a big improvement to an already poor experience.

Ideally we would rebuild Hampden or do what the Irish did with building the Aviva making it fit to host both sports, in a central location in the capital.

What is everyone's thoughts on the above link and the best way forward?