Was that Hampden's last hurrah?

HibeeJibee

12 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Surely the SFA must know the postcodes of all SSC members and could tell us the breakdown by North, South, East, West.

Obviously that doesn't take into account those that buy whilst not being in the SSC.

I suspect it will show no bias either way, and they won't reveal it as that could potentially remove the 'easier to get to' argument and hence weaken their hand against Queens Park and Glasgow City Council. Which, in my opinion, is the whole point of this charade. 

You can't really get a full idea from that, given that it may not be the address they're living at, or they travel from a work address or something, but it would at least give some kind of view as to where people may be coming from.  At the very least, it would be a nice little stat.

I have no belief that they've actually done anything like this though.

10 hours ago, St Innes said:

You can get a train back after the game to the NE from a midweek game. That is not possible from Hamden.

See my earlier post a few pages back on that aspect. Apparently it is logistically possible direct from Kings Park station, so if Hampden is the final choice then NE fans should all write to Scotrail / SFA / SNP to put pressure on Scotrail to make it happen. Quite simply, if the demand was sufficient to justify the extra overtime expense, it would happen so instead of moaning about it, do something about it.

8 minutes ago, The Spider said:

See my earlier post a few pages back on that aspect. Apparently it is logistically possible direct from Kings Park station, so if Hampden is the final choice then NE fans should all write to Scotrail / SFA / SNP to put pressure on Scotrail to make it happen. Quite simply, if the demand was sufficient to justify the extra overtime expense, it would happen so instead of moaning about it, do something about it.

Scotrail would probably rather derail into the Clyde than do that though, despite it being a perfectly reasonable request.

12 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Looks good tho. Bring the ends in, stick another tier on top of the North stand (mirroring the one on the south stand) to keep the capacity at 50k ish. Just need the dosh now.

So you're buying-up Somerville Drive now too?!

4 minutes ago, thisal said:

The North Terrace used to be bigger with a stand on top . so not necessarily. 

I've no idea of the logistics, but yeah I'd have thought there'd be ways to put a south-stand-esque top tier on the north stand without going back too much (like the Parkhead Janefield thing).

9 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

DU993_TW0AMEmh-.jpg.fb6c2367fef9f51174195874896e749e.jpgDU993_SW4AA0_sK.jpg.8705a27f4454a85baa343f74d2fa4bec.jpg

Seen this  on twitter showing how Stuttgart managed to change their stadium from basically the same as hampden to a more conventional stadium closer to pitch. 63 million euros. Worth it?

I'd love this.  Only problem is they spent £50 million into turning it into it's current state not that long ago.  Without sponsoring the stadium, I can't see how they would make another 60 mill back anytime into the foreseeable future.  

16 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Back of the North Stand is already 'flush' with the road, so where is another tier going/being supported?

It's apparent how much deeper the South Stand is.

Hampden-Park-(aerial)-948.jpg?itok=7mOPm

As I said it can be done as it was there before.  What the photograph doesn't show is that the stand only takes up slightly more than half the area under cover. Despite being the smallest Hampden actually has a bigger footprint than both  Murrayfield and Parkhead, even including the area overhanging Janefield street. Personally I would move the Pitch 20 yards closer to the South stand and completely rebuild another 3 double tiered stands close to the pitch and open them to suit the size of the crowd. Money though.

31 minutes ago, thisal said:

As I said it can be done as it was there before.  What the photograph doesn't show is that the stand only takes up slightly more than half the area under cover. Despite being the smallest Hampden actually has a bigger footprint than both  Murrayfield and Parkhead, even including the area overhanging Janefield street. Personally I would move the Pitch 20 yards closer to the South stand and completely rebuild another 3 double tiered stands close to the pitch and open them to suit the size of the crowd. Money though.

Quite like that idea. In theory, might that free up strips of land  behind the east and west ends that could be sold to help fund such redevelopment?

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Quite like that idea. In theory, might that free up strips of land  behind the east and west ends that could be sold to help fund such redevelopment?

Get yer thievin' hands off our land Gordo - we'll be the ones to decide when and for what purpose it will be sold thank you very much!

On Friday, February 02, 2018 at 16:30, thisal said:

The North Terrace used to be bigger with a stand on top . so not necessarily. 

0580510b0d718ba50de92f87631d43b1.jpg

The North Stand now is more or less the old North Enclosure with seats and roof on it. I was never in the old North Stand, although I've been informed it was a dump. Had a google there and it held around 4500.