Rise of Astro Pitches

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Not being able to afford a grass pitch and the staff to maintain one is no reason to lose your mind when people criticise them.

There are no teams in Scotland who can't afford a grass pitch.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 10 years every pro team in Scotland will have an artificial pitch.

The tech of these surfaces is improving so quickly it soon won’t be viable not to have one.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

In 10 years every pro team in Scotland will have an artificial pitch.

The tech of these surfaces is improving so quickly it soon won’t be viable not to have one.

Agreed, artificial pitches are here to stay.

26 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Let's just all agree that grass pitches are superior to play and watch football on. This is clearly the case and only a complete buffoon would think astro even comes close to grass.

So do you think Celtic should rip up their pitch and put in one that is 100% natural grass?

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

So do you think Celtic should rip up their pitch and put in one that is 100% natural grass?

The pitch they have now could never be described as astro. It is of course a very expensive hybrid pitch, superior to anything else in the league.

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The pitch they have now could never be described as astro. It is of course a very expensive hybrid pitch, superior to anything else in the league.

I didn't say it was astro, I asked if the semi-artificial pitch should be ripped up since 100% grass is superior to play and watch football on.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I didn't say it was astro, I asked if the semi-artificial pitch should be ripped up since 100% grass is superior to play and watch football on.

Show me where i said 100% grass?

No, didn't think so.

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Never saw Morgan moaning to the press when he was playing at Falkirk and Palmerston, indeed I never saw him moaning about playing at eep when it was a complete bog or about the divots, slopes and sandpits that he's played on for nearly throughout his career(admittedly st mirrens pitch is fairly good)

Looks like the DR went round all the Celtic players and asked them to comment negatively about our pitch, so they could drip feed us the players quotes a day at a time. Glad Tierney told them it was nonsense blaming the pitch for his injury and didn't go along with their pish patter. Dear knows what they'd have been like if Celtic had lost the game playing on it, a call to arms with pitch forks and burning torches demanding we rip it up probably.

• 2 months later...

The union did not ask players at Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston to participate as it thought it "unfair" to put them in a compromising position.

That's a bit of a cop-out IMO. I've no idea how they would have responded, but not including the group of players who play on artificial most frequently could potentially bias the result. Would also be interested in how the survey was worded.

50 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

That's a bit of a cop-out IMO. I've no idea how they would have responded, but not including the group of players who play on artificial most frequently could potentially bias the result. Would also be interested in how the survey was worded.

"The union did not ask players at Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston to participate as it thought it would ruin the agenda." Before the edit IMO.

On 23/11/2018 at 18:58, Romeo said:

If fake pitches are so good, why doesn't every team have them now?

On 23/11/2018 at 19:01, the west curve said:

Probably as they cost a lot to install. £500.000 and rising. 

So it would be best to get them installed just now as it's going to be more expensive in the future?

Archived