Rise of Astro Pitches

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, AyrshireOP said:

Should Astro be used in Professional football?

Image result for astro ub40

He's probably too old to play now but could maybe do some half time gigs with his mates.

Imo they'll all be ripped up within the next decade or so when my generation start hobbling about everywhere. My brother's physio was saying that he notices a totally different range of injuries in young sportspeople playing on Astro - mainly hip and knee injuries from the lack of relief in it. My back can't seem to deal with it either.

It's fine for training - probably better than grass actually - but it's murder for games. 

Should never be near the top league in Scotland. Games are shit too watch with the unreliable bounce for a start. Makes the game look amatauerish. If you can't make your club sunstainable without a plastic pitch in the top flight you probably shouldn't be there.

39 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Should never be near the top league in Scotland. Games are shit too watch with the unreliable bounce for a start. Makes the game look amatauerish. If you can't make your club sunstainable without a plastic pitch in the top flight you probably shouldn't be there.

:lol:

As opposed to the 'reliable' bounce that you get as standard on all grass pitches? Because we all know that the bounce of a ball is exactly the same on all grass pitches. Exactly the same.

Anyway, PTTGOYN; I hate when folk call these pitches 'astroturf' or 'plastic pitches'. 

12 minutes ago, NaeVay said:

I for one am glad this is finally being discussed. It's about time we heard some opinions on artificial pitches.

May I suggest a debate on crowd sizes is also well overdue.

FREE PIES SAFE STANDING £10 ENTRY BEER ON TERRACING GRASS 18 TEAM LEAGUE
FUCKING DONCASTER OUT

6 hours ago, NaeVay said:

I for one am glad this is finally being discussed. It's about time we heard some opinions on artificial pitches.

May I suggest a debate on crowd sizes is also well overdue.

Anyone heard how many 1000's watched Paul Hartley sign his contract at Falkirk? Pretty sure they'll be along to tell us soon. 

Archived