Rise of Astro Pitches

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.
The financial benefits that do exist concern hiring out the facilities, not savings on maintenance or by avoiding postponements, as suggested by some of the dopier contributors to the debate.

Throw your barbs all you want, but you can compare the costs side by side when it comes to upkeep costs and you’ll see it’s quite a significant difference.

Look, just because serious, academic research has established that artificial pitches don't contribute to injuries, or confer a playing advantage, doesn't mean the cretins coming out with received crap they can't support are wrong?
Does it?
I've got some bad news.
Just don't read any papers and keep away from the Internet.

All the clubs with players who signed the petition should act to look after their employees and forfeit all the away games on artificial pitches.  Unless they are putting points before player safety.

Might give killie a chance against us, I suppose

Is there not a case for arguing that injuries are less likely to occur on 4G on account of less players going to ground when tackling ? I.E slide tackling ?

The whole plastic pitch conversation will be the same as the link with dementia and headers. There will be no credible evidence to prove injuries are more likely on plastic.

Lastly, is one of the benefits of the clubs having a plastic pitch not that they can train on them and play? Thus saving money ? Do Killie, Livi and Hamilton do this ? Or do they have separate facilities for training ?

Can someone tell me why everyone doesn't have the same grass pitch as the best grass pitch?

If all grass pitches are as good as the best one that is?

I'll tell you after you tell me why everyone doesn't have a fabulous plastic pitch.

2 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'll tell you after you tell me why everyone doesn't have a fabulous plastic pitch.

Because not all teams want one and/or will get the same benefits?

Pretty easy one.

Now you.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

30 minutes ago, Blacklands Buff said:

Is there not a case for arguing that injuries are less likely to occur on 4G on account of less players going to ground when tackling ? I.E slide tackling ?

The whole plastic pitch conversation will be the same as the link with dementia and headers. There will be no credible evidence to prove injuries are more likely on plastic.

Lastly, is one of the benefits of the clubs having a plastic pitch not that they can train on them and play? Thus saving money ? Do Killie, Livi and Hamilton do this ? Or do they have separate facilities for training ?

We train on ours, as do our kids, youth, ladies & reserve team, also they all use it for matches, its in use from morning to around 9pm 6 sometimes 7 days a week.

No idea if Livi or Hamilton use theirs as much thou.

We train on ours, as do our kids, youth and ladies teams, its in use from morning to around 9pm 6 sometimes 7 days a week.
No idea if Livi or Hamilton use theirs as much thou.
Again, what about the quality of football on offer. Do you seriously think it's as good as a grass pitch?

Just now, Romeo said:
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Because? 

So you think the quality of football is the same on plastic and 

Yes, with exceptions being made for really shit pitches of either kind.

Just now, Romeo said:

Oooft ..

That's you and me finished..

Without resorting to the media cliches (read; lies and bullshit) can you explain why games on an artificial pitch are worse, with perhaps a couple of examples?

I've seen numerous games on artificial pitches, some of which were shite, but none of which were shite due to the pitch. I don't even register that it's an artificial pitch once the game starts. I outright forgot that Falkirk have one both times we played there this season.

Without resorting to the media cliches (read; lies and bullshit) can you explain why games on an artificial pitch are worse, with perhaps a couple of examples?
I've seen numerous games on artificial pitches, some of which were shite, but none of which were shite due to the pitch. I don't even register that it's an artificial pitch once the game starts. I outright forgot that Falkirk have one both times we played there this season.
The ball bounces like a bouncy ball, depending on how the pitch has been prepared the ball either moves at the speed of light or twice the speed of light, the pitches look shite.

Archived