The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

1 hour ago, Afro said:

If we can extend the contracts of Halkett, Mullen and Pittman in particular, we'll be doing very well. Even in the highly unlikely scenario that we are promoted this season, I'd expect the three of them, amongst others, to be off. The fact we'll have had 3 seasons of Halkett, 3 and a half from Pittman and 6, give or take, from Mullen is mind boggling to me. Suppose it underlines the importance of fostering a environment where players feel valued and have plenty of room for development.

Yeah Gallagher staying with us again also shows that there is a good environment at the club under Hopkin. Buchanan has been the exception but he's never really stayed long at a club, and likes to move around.

Maybe if we can get a top 4 finish there would be enough money for next seasons budget to offer players a bit more wages to keep them here a bit longer too, and reward them for bringing in a few hundred thousand in prize money.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Toddy is here till the end of the season, and his Hearts contract is up then too, hopefully we get him signed up for next season if Hearts aren't going to extend his contract.

If he continues to do well with you guys this season i think we'll give him another years deal and then give him a few games in pre-season to see how he gets on.  I think that must be the plan or we could've just released him in the summer gone by.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

If he continues to do well with you guys this season i think we'll give him another years deal and then give him a few games in pre-season to see how he gets on.  I think that must be the plan or we could've just released him in the summer gone by.

Fair enough, he deserves a chance anyway, Toddy has a great attitude on him and puts everything into a game no matter where he gets played, he just wants to play football. Can't ask for more than that, i'd love him to stay at Livi but wish him all the best at Hearts..

30 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Fair enough, he deserves a chance anyway, Toddy has a great attitude on him and puts everything into a game no matter where he gets played, he just wants to play football. Can't ask for more than that, i'd love him to stay at Livi but wish him all the best at Hearts..

Not sure he'd really suit the Hearts model; he's a utility player passable as a central defender and a forward hence most apt for a team with a small squad.

As far as I understand Hearts tend to concentrate on players for specific positions; the view if a utility player there would probably be playing a central mid-field on the wing - but then I don't really know so could be wrong.  I don't know but just don't feel he's their kind of player.

However there's no doubt his attitude and effort are premiership quality on their own.

On 10/10/2017 at 19:09, andylivi1 said:

For any Dundee Utd fans heading down a bit earlier and are looking to get food and a couple drinks before the game. 

IMG_6644.PNG

IMG_6645.PNG

Thanks for the heads up for this. We done lunch in the Meadowbank Suite; apparently the first time they've done this. Very decent it was too. I then went to the Stadium Bar for a few before the match which was also thoroughly enjoyable. A good set up (and a good team) at Livingston

On 10/14/2017 at 15:37, Afro said:

United up to 10 men after bringing on Stanton. The boy that went off was honking.

Perplexing Flood hasn't been booked yet.

Jordie Briels.

I took some pleasure in this I must admit. I reckon he's hopeless, yet been lauded by plenty Utd fans in certain quarters. 

Not sure if McKinnon took him off as he was on his fifth foul by this point, or just cause he's gash. With McKinnon you just have no idea (bit like the man himself!)

29 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Thanks for the heads up for this. We done lunch in the Meadowbank Suite; apparently the first time they've done this. Very decent it was too. I then went to the Stadium Bar for a few before the match which was also thoroughly enjoyable. A good set up (and a good team) at Livingston

Glad you enjoyed it, the club is finally on a level footing, the guys in charge are local guys and seem to have there head screwed on, the general atmosphere surrounding the club is improving, helped by how well we've been doing on the field but also because things seem to be heading in the right direction off it, this kind of thing will only help, and also bring in more income. 

Things are certainly on the up down Almondvale for a change. 

22 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Glad you enjoyed it, the club is finally on a level footing, the guys in charge are local guys and seem to have there head screwed on, the general atmosphere surrounding the club is improving, helped by how well we've been doing on the field but also because things seem to be heading in the right direction off it, this kind of thing will only help, and also bring in more income. 

Things are certainly on the up down Almondvale for a change. 

The door into the Ferranti Suite for the 'proper' hospitality was ajar and noticed it was very busy. I subsequently saw that it was sold out. 

One of the guys from Livingston (no idea who he was, but he was shirt, tied and blazered up) actually let my wee 3 year old run about the park with a ball for a while too.

Was very impressed all round, and enjoyed my day out - until the football started, but I'm well accustomed to that.

Toddy is here till the end of the season, and his Hearts contract is up then too, hopefully we get him signed up for next season if Hearts aren't going to extend his contract.

Penrice and McMillan are only here till January, I think we'll try and keep them till the end of the season though, both look good players.

Doubt you’ll be keeping Penrice. We need him.

Penrice has been doing pretty well but we have Jacobs; Brown (once he's fit again) Knox and Robertson. Don't get me wrong; he's a good lad and in a couple of years will be some player but midfield is one area we're reasonably covered.

Just now, Durnford said:

Penrice has been doing pretty well but we have Jacobs; Brown (once he's fit again) Knox and Robertson. Don't get me wrong; he's a good lad and in a couple of years will be some player but midfield is one area we're reasonably covered.

Robinson?

Keaghan is being kept out by Penrice which says a lot for the youngsters ability, and he's playing LM too. Shame if he has to go back in January. We're pretty well covered everywhere but the loan players have come in handy recently when we've had injuries and suspensions. However as you say, we've other players not getting a game that can come in and do a good job too, and the young players of our own like Knox,  Ogilvie, Sampson,  Henderson etc are waiting to get their chance too.

Just read a match report quoting McKinnon's post match interview, he was about 20 feet down in front of where I sit but seems to have had a whole different view of the game from me. Says Utd were dominant in the 2nd half, didn't see it myself, certainly nowhere near as troublesome as Dumbarton were a fortnight ago when they dominated the 2nd half. Can only remember one shot I was worried about, when the ball dropped to McDonald and he fired it wide, that was the only time they got a clear shot at our goal.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm getting the feeling Toddy is starting to like being with us, he's an absolute cult hero for us at the moment. When he first joined us all his twitter was Hearts, header and profile picture. Stayed that way for ages but recently it's all changed to Livi.

Hope he tells Hearts to do one in the summer and signs for us permanently, I doubt it but he's some lad. Absolute class for us

I really wasn't a fan of Todorov when he first joined. Given he didn't set the heather alight for a struggling Cowdenbeath side, I wasn't expecting much, but after watching him play he looked like a total donkey. Great credit to the guy though, has developed into a good player in a year or so with us, looks comfortable for the most part. He's never going to be the sort of player who is truly comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he's solid aerially and knows where the goal is. Plenty of players in the team to do the more elaborate stuff, really growing to like the big guy more and more. Would be a shame to see him stay at Hearts next year and not get a game. And, as you say ATLIS, think he's got a real affection for the club. If we keep up this run I can see this love-in reaching Shagz White proportions.

11 minutes ago, Afro said:

I really wasn't a fan of Todorov when he first joined. Given he didn't set the heather alight for a struggling Cowdenbeath side, I wasn't expecting much, but after watching him play he looked like a total donkey. Great credit to the guy though, has developed into a good player in a year or so with us, looks comfortable for the most part. He's never going to be the sort of player who is truly comfortable with the ball at his feet, but he's solid aerially and knows where the goal is. Plenty of players in the team to do the more elaborate stuff, really growing to like the big guy more and more. Would be a shame to see him stay at Hearts next year and not get a game. And, as you say ATLIS, think he's got a real affection for the club. If we keep up this run I can see this love-in reaching Shagz White proportions.

I absolutely hated White, thought he was absolutely shite and didn't do anything :D He couldn't even jump for a header at all, at least Toddy puts the work in and tries his best no matter what. He's got the heart of a lion ;) 

He loves coming over to the fans after we score and at FT, and the fans love seeing his commitment, none of this badge kissing pish putting on some fake show, he genuinely gives it his all and you can see how much it means to him when we score a goal, doesn't matter who scores for us either, he's still over there pumping his fist to the fans.

I absolutely hated White, thought he was absolutely shite and didn't do anything [emoji3] He couldn't even jump for a header at all, at least Toddy puts the work in and tries his best no matter what. He's got the heart of a lion [emoji6] 

Incorrect (apart from that last part).

Todorov is absolutely great, but for me nothing will ever come close to the love ins for big shags and Iain Russell

Correct.

You'll have gathered by now most Arabs have lost interest in general, so congratulations lads. Apologies in advance if TBS makes a move on your manager.

I'd be stunned if Hopkin left us for another team in this division this season. If we do have a good season this year, I wouldn't be surprised if a club down south took a punt on him.

Archived