The David Fernández Derby - Livi v Utd

c4f82cdf13da7b498b641a2b02dd67a9.jpg

edd4cb008340e10439dac2d66a1f47a9.jpg

A huge game for both side who have hit a bit of form. Hoping we stick with two up front but a lot will depend on how many of our players come back from international duty unscathed.

Hopefully ol' Danger gets lost at the first circle on the way to the game.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A huge game for both side who have hit a bit of form. Hoping we stick with two up front but a lot will depend on how many of our players come back from international duty unscathed.

I resent the Dante's Inferno reference.  I hope our performance is divine rather than comical.

We must stick with two up front as we've been gash with the alternative.

Wouldn't class this as a huge game for us, I'd class it as a bonus game for us as getting anything from these games is indeed a bonus for us, it's a far bigger game for Dundee Utd who will want to follow up the impressive win over Dunfermline.

We are already well ahead of where we expected to be, we are guaranteed to finish in the top 4 after the first quarter regardless of the result here, our target, safety.  

Obviously a win here would be superb and send us above Dundee Utd, but I'd absolutely take a draw, any kind of result would be excellent as I still think Dundee Utd will win this league. 

3 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

FFS it’s a roundabout :wub:

Would def take a draw here, but we've done well against teams like Partick Th and Hibs in cup games so no reason to think we can't get something from this game. As mentioned above, it'll be like an away game for us with Utd likely having more possession and attacking us, which suits us fine, we've done far better playing away from home when home teams have pushed for goals. 

Only real concern is Gallagher might still be suspended if that was a straight red instead of a 2nd yellow and Toddy will prob be put in defence again, the big man has done well filling in there but i'd rather he was playing up front with Mullen.

18 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only real concern is Gallagher might still be suspended if that was a straight red instead of a 2nd yellow and Toddy will prob be put in defence again

That's my main concern about us getting something from this. I don't think we will get away with it like we have against average teams like Inverness & Dumbarton.

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only real concern is Gallagher might still be suspended if that was a straight red instead of a 2nd yellow and Toddy will prob be put in defence again, the big man has done well filling in there but i'd rather he was playing up front with Mullen.

No might about it, Gallagher is suspended, it was unbelievably a straight Red he got so ruled out of this one. 

Good news for Utd then, and he'll be back for the Pars game which will help them out too as we're more likely to get something from that game with Gallagher in the team. Maybe Hoppy will surprise us and play McMillan with Halkett and Lithgow.

Mullen   -   Cadden
Longridge  -  Byrne  -  Pittman  -  Jacobs  -  Mullin
Lithgow  -  Todorov  -  Halkett
Alexander

Can see us going something like that, maybe Robinson up front instead of Cadden unless Hopkin's going to stick Penrice/McMillan in defence. No idea how this one will go, I've been expecting us to lose most games this season tbh and I've been proven wrong most of the time, think we'll lose again here and I'm not sure if I genuinely mean it or if it's some kind of superstitious thing :lol:

Good luck trying to predict Hoppy's starting line up, midfield could have anyone in it alongside Byrne and Pittman. Penrice has started the last couple of games in midfield and Keaghan has been sub. Can see Knox starting in this game, he's played against Partick Th and Hibs, which suggests Hoppy favours him against team likely to be a bit better technically, rather than the blood and snotters games.

Free game in a sense for us, not one I would've expected us to take anything from at the start of the season but up until now we have been very impressive. I would still take 8th place the now, we've already got more than half the total we did finishing there in 2014/15. Unsure what to expect from United; by all accounts, it's been a fairly tame start from them but last weekend's win away to the Pars set a bit of a precedent in my book. Don't see why we can't get a win given our form but I'd happily take a draw.

I wouldn't take 8th place anymore.
We've shown this season we're a good team, and I don't think our run of results has been a fluke, we're 4th in the league because that's where we deserve to be, and if anything we've thrown points away at times. It won't be a disaster if we lose, but I'd like to see us try and win. No reason why we can't.

We should go out there and play the game we have against every other team, the way that got Houston the sack, the one that got Robertson flustered. We're a good footballing side and the way we're playing we should be able to go out there and go toe to toe with a team like Utd.

Would like to see Toddy and Mullen up front but reckon we'll end up playing Mackin and Toddy in defence. I think Penrice done well in the middle and Jacobs saved the game coming off the bench. I'd maybe be tempted to drop Byrne for this one and let the previous two slide in along Pittman. Robinson has also done well when asked to go up front and Cadden looked brilliant on Saturday before getting injured. It's really a lottery the team we could put out but as long as we have Halkett at the back on form it's all we need. Josh Mullin has also done brilliant this season so probably already a guarantee to start there.

No doubt it'll be a big game for Alexander but I reckon if we're going to win it it'll be with the midfield battle which we're very capable of winning.

Archived