GG resigns at muirkirk

eekie boy

Yourabout right

He isn't though. George was at Darvel for about 3 years, Kilwinning for about 3 years, 6 months at Newton Stewart and left after being involved in a bad car accident, Lugar for a short spell but again left due to reasons out with his control and then lastly Muirkirk for 2 and half years. Hardly resigning every year.

When I started posting on here, Mr Grierson was at Buffs and he too was posting, giving the impression that if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. 

To be fair on him, he stopped that and seems to have gotten over himself a bit. He stuck at the job with Muirkirk for way longer than I thought he would, so kudos to him for that.

Let's see how he gets on at his new gig on the seashore.

Good luck to Muirkirk. I always look for their result regardless of who the boss is. Just think it's heroic how they keep going. Respect.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

When I started posting on here, Mr Grierson was at Buffs and he too was posting, giving the impression that if he was chocolate he'd eat himself. 

To be fair on him, he stopped that and seems to have gotten over himself a bit. He stuck at the job with Muirkirk for way longer than I thought he would, so kudos to him for that.

Let's see how he gets on at his new gig on the seashore.

Good luck to Muirkirk. I always look for their result regardless of who the boss is. Just think it's heroic how they keep going. Respect.

What higher accolade could he possibly wish for,jimbo? :huh:

Anyhoo,I'm sure George's main concern right now is whether,or not,Saltcoats will feature in your treble this week,bud. :)

I helped out Frye at Saltcoats a couple of seasons ago as my final Swan song in the juniors and I am suprised and delighted they are still going. The place really is in a sorry state of disrepair and would appear to be no backing or help from the council despite being there Park. George has his critics in the juniors but if anyone can turn then round then I'm sure he can. He stuck Muirkirk longer than I thought he would and tried his best to get them going. I witnessed first hand on Saturday , ironically at Saltcoats in his last game, that his enthusiasm and attention to detail has not waivered at all and I'm sure he'll be a good fit for them. If it is true he's gone to them then I for one wish him and the club all the best!

George is a bit of a marmite character. At Buffs he inherited next to nothing from his predecessor (about 4 players) - assembled a decent side that reached Scottish QF and won the District League in season 2. The wheels came off season 3 when he decided to build a new team for the Super 1st. We had over 50 different players turn out for us that season and eventually got relegated for a points deduction brought about by a registration offence. George had gone by this point resigning suddenly around the turn of the year after his relationship with the committee had gone sour. So even his spell with Buffs alone had its ups and downs. He unearthed some decent players also - Bryan  Boylan being one of them

Grierson always leaves clubs in the shit. Mostly midway through seasons. Guy has no loyalty whatsoever.
Is their any Ayrshire side he not been involved in?
Saltcoats must've came into cash. So Geordie fancies a bit of it.

He never left Newton Stewart in the shit. Left the club sitting top of the south of Scotland league and in a cup final aswell

Good call Sharky. Was just about to post myself in the same vein. GG only got some travel expenses from Newton Stewart and distance to travel was the only reason he left. You won't hear anyone connected with Newton Stewart with a bad word to say about him or his assistants.

Agueroooo is a well documented troll anyway!

Archived