St Johnstone v Rangers, Friday 13th October 2017

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2017 at 13:56, RandomGuy. said:

I'm struggling to care tbh, can't get through on the phone and no chance I get to the ground while it's open. Went three hours before kick off last time, to a ticket office where a relative works, and got told I wasn't allowed into the stadium.

Absolutely no idea how we don't have a database of supporters and a facility for them to buy tickets online.

I take it back, turns out there is a DB.  Mentioned on WAP, but in case any Saints fans missed it..

I was up getting a mate a ticket with my ST the other day, and the sign at the ticket office says only now selling to season ticket holders and those on the Saints database.

Not sure if they'd let folk join the database today then sell them a ticket for tonight, but it's probably worth getting yourself on it for future.

Like I'm sure plenty of other Saints fans, I'm not too confident about tonight. But are we being duped by the name of the opposition? Saints have won more points in the league than Rangers in this calendar year, so maybe the line about not fearing them or showing them too much respect rings true here?

They've beaten us twice in 2017 (which obviously carries weight) but take out the head-to-head meetings and they have 36 points from 2017, Saints have 44 points. If we can take more points from other teams than they can manage, then surely we have earned the right to be confident ahead of this one, assuming we can step it up from a couple of recent performances?

At the very least I expect a much smarter tactical plan from the manager than his blip at Pittodrie and hopefully there has been a focus on defending set pieces, which has been a bit of an Achilles heel. Big night for Comrie if he's selected.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Like I'm sure plenty of other Saints fans, I'm not too confident about tonight. But are we being duped by the name of the opposition? Saints have won more points in the league than Rangers in this calendar year, so maybe the line about not fearing them or showing them too much respect rings true here?

They've beaten us twice in 2017 (which obviously carries weight) but take out the head-to-head meetings and they have 36 points from 2017, Saints have 44 points. If we can take more points from other teams than they can manage, then surely we have earned the right to be confident ahead of this one, assuming we can step it up from a couple of recent performances?

At the very least I expect a much smarter tactical plan from the manager than his blip at Pittodrie and hopefully there has been a focus on defending set pieces, which has been a bit of an Achilles heel. Big night for Comrie if he's selected.

Comrie will do fine. He fucking hates the ****.

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think that's irrelevant unfortunately.

We'll shitebag it, or the ref will :( 

I do hope I'm wrong. 

Comrie will do fine. He fucking hates the ****.

He got ripped apart by El Bahktaoui in the testimonial game, maybe harsh judging him on that but still

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He got ripped apart by El Bahktaoui in the testimonial game, maybe harsh judging him on that but still

With shitehawk Thomson in front of him to be fair.

With shitehawk Thomson in front of him to be fair.

Maybe. El Bahktaoui dropped into the space between Comrie and Joe constantly and neither had a clue who was meant to be marking him. Doesn't bode well when Rangers have players who'll hunt for that gap aswell

Archived