St Johnstone v Rangers, Friday 13th October 2017

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The score can't be argued with it whether or not it is liked. Rangers took their chances Saints didn't and that's all there is to it. Anderson getting sent off didn't help but it happens if you lay a finger on anyone in front of you towards goal.Saints didn't take advantage of all those corners that had.

Fifespud showing how little he cares about us.

Probably blinkered but until the red card the one difference between the teams was the quality of final ball. We never put a decent cross in all match.

After the red, and I won't argue with the second yellow, which was entirely Andersons fault and once again seen him caught the wrong side of a striker, we collapsed. Playing a right side of defence consisting of a young full back and a heartless winger was always leading to goals conceded and so it proved, a baffling move from TW, tbh.

His flat out refusal to play 4-2-3-1 completely confuses me though, we were constantly stretched by Rangers five, and they constantly had a spare runner, and he never once countered it.

Thoroughly professional display from us with 0-3 flattering St J who really offered nothing.
I guess it will be a quiet thread.

Typical cloggerish performance from Morton tonight but our superior footballing skills sent them packing.

Bants

In hindsight, I totally agree with Saints fans about them being nothing like Morton. They were capable of a 3-3 draw in midweek and Saints just lost 3-0 going on 6-0. Obviously a step down in quality today. :)

On a more serious note,  thought the red card was the correct decision, although Morelos does make the most of the challenge for the 2nd yellow.  Two fantastic goals from Pena. Maybe he's a good player?..... 

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

In hindsight, I totally agree with Saints fans about them being nothing like Morton. They were capable of a 3-3 draw in midweek and Saints just lost 3-0 going on 6-0. Obviously a step down in quality today. :)

Oooft.  One right in the nadgers for the fermers.

In hindsight, I totally agree with Saints fans about them being nothing like Morton. They were capable of a 3-3 draw in midweek and Saints just lost 3-0 going on 6-0. Obviously a step down in quality today. [emoji4]
On a more serious note,  thought the red card was the correct decision, although Morelos does make the most of the challenge for the 2nd yellow.  Two fantastic goals from Pena. Maybe he's a good player?..... 

0281270ca46e5e86503f7b887088fa53.jpg

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Not one result, no.

Well that certainly seemed to be the implication of your post.  If you accept that managers must be judged on season long performances related to the resources they have at their disposal over a period of time then yes he is one of the best managers in the league.

Well that certainly seemed to be the implication of your post.  If you accept that managers must be judged on season long performances related to the resources they have at their disposal over a period of time then yes he is one of the best managers in the league.

He won't see the season out.

Archived