St Johnstone v Rangers, Friday 13th October 2017

Saints are often poor after an international break, but aren't usually as woeful in a match preceding the break as they were at Pittodrie, so who knows what we'll get here..

The teams are joint third, but with Motherwell and Hibs getting a bit of momentum going, there's not much breathing space from the teams below.  Saints will obviously be without O'Halloran, and the team will lack pace, but Rangers have been inconsistent this season so far.

Things I would like to see from Saints:

- solid in defence like we used to be

- play with purpose and intensity for the full game, and not just half an hour or when we fall behind

- keep possession better and not just an evening of hoofs up the park.

- play Scougall central

Mannus

Foster   Anderson  Shaughnessy   Easton

Thomson  Millar   Davidson  Wotherspoon

Scougall

Maclean

(Thomson in Unless Alston is fit enough to start)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get Craig Thomson to f**k out of there, PauloPerth.

We'll probably line up 4-4-2 in this with Davidson and Paton in the middle, Craig on the left and either Scougall or Wotherspoon on the right.  Not what I would do, but suspect that's where Tommy's mind will wander.

Not confidence about this. We certainly need a better performance than we've had recently if we're going to get anything from this game.

No O'Halloran so we'll have no pace on the counter. We utterly shit the bed agaisnt Rangers due to having a massive *** as a boss.

A fairly predictable 3-1 defeat with us camped inside our own box for the majority, going two down, opening up as we chase a goal and looking far better, getting a goal, coming close and then conceding a late counter.

A story we often see

Mannus

Foster/Comrie Shaughnessey Anderson Easton

Millar Davidson

Wotherspoon Scougall Craig

MacLean

Strangely enough I've omitted Paton somehow despite thinking he's probably been one of our better players. I loathed to play Craig cause he's pish these days, but we don't really have any other options unless Alston is back and we switch him and Spoony then I'd be happy enough. I guess another option if Foster is available is to play him at right midfield, Comrie at right back and Spoony wide left again, which thinking about it is probably a better option than Craig playing!

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Get Craig Thomson to f**k out of there, PauloPerth.

We'll probably line up 4-4-2 in this with Davidson and Paton in the middle, Craig on the left and either Scougall or Wotherspoon on the right.  Not what I would do, but suspect that's where Tommy's mind will wander.

Not confidence about this. We certainly need a better performance than we've had recently if we're going to get anything from this game.

I struggled to think of anyone  else to play there if Alston's still out.  I thought about Widge's option of Foster to the right of a 4 man midfield but quickly dismissed it as he's been awful. Possibly bringing in Liam Craig to the left of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1 in place of Thomson, but he's slow.  Tanser is overall pretty weak other than having a great cross, and would be steamrollered by their midfield.

No, I'm sticking with it. This is the night Craig Thomson finally comes of age. Live on tv. A virtuoso performance which brings in a £5m January bid from Walsall.  Bookmark this....

Spoiler

Please don't 

No O'Halloran so we'll have no pace on the counter. We utterly shit the bed agaisnt Rangers due to having a massive *** as a boss.

A fairly predictable 3-1 defeat with us camped inside our own box for the majority, going two down, opening up as we chase a goal and looking far better, getting a goal, coming close and then conceding a late counter.

A story we often see

Have you taken to attempting to troll Saints fans now?

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Rangers aren't very good.

Neither are we :( 

I kinda thought we'd get something at the weekend but I can't see us getting anything here. I hope I'm wrong :rolleyes:

Apparently Rangers tickets have sold out. Means that only season ticket holders or those with a voucher given out at the last home game will be able to buy tickets for the Saints end.

Can't wait for another 90 minutes of 5000 old firm fans singing their shite at the 2500 Saints fans.  

Apparently Rangers tickets have sold out. Means that only season ticket holders or those with a voucher given out at the last home game will be able to buy tickets for the Saints end.
Can't wait for another 90 minutes of 5000 old firm fans singing their shite at the 2500 Saints fans.  

I'm struggling to care tbh, can't get through on the phone and no chance I get to the ground while it's open. Went three hours before kick off last time, to a ticket office where a relative works, and got told I wasn't allowed into the stadium.

Absolutely no idea how we don't have a database of supporters and a facility for them to buy tickets online.

There would be no need for this ludicrous situation if Police Scotland, the stewarding company and the club just did their jobs properly. There's never a hope in hell of that happening where either of the bigots are concerned though. Too scared to stand up to the b*****ds.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

old firm fans singing their shite

That's why, even if I could go, I don't.

Which means I miss the glorious seethe on the odd occasion we beat them but it is a small price to pay to not be subjected to them and their slavers. 

Mannus

Comrie Shaughnessey Anderson Easton

Millar Paton

Wotherspoon Davidson Scougall

MacLean

Foster likely to miss this one suspended? Or do have my dates mixed up?

Like to see Davidson further forward to press rangers higher up the park. Puts pressure on Wotherspoon and Scougall support MacLean well though. Suspect Tommy will shoehorn will Craig in somehow too.

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm struggling to care tbh, can't get through on the phone and no chance I get to the ground while it's open. Went three hours before kick off last time, to a ticket office where a relative works, and got told I wasn't allowed into the stadium.

Absolutely no idea how we don't have a database of supporters and a facility for them to buy tickets online.

Exactly. And it's been mentioned every all ticket game for at least the past 3 years. However, I'm a ST holder and when I bought it they took my email address and said it was to send me the manager's email to the fans every few weeks. The person in the ticket office laughed though, and said "You might not receive it, as a lot of people don't seem to. No idea why."  I haven't received a single one.

So if we can't even set up a database to email season ticket holders, I think a database of our entire support might be asking a bit much.

33 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Mannus

Comrie Shaughnessey Anderson Easton

Millar Paton

Wotherspoon Davidson Scougall

MacLean

Foster likely to miss this one suspended? Or do have my dates mixed up?

Like to see Davidson further forward to press rangers higher up the park. Puts pressure on Wotherspoon and Scougall support MacLean well though. Suspect Tommy will shoehorn will Craig in somehow too.

I like that team Neil. Gives us quite a ball winning presence in the middle of the park, and a bit of creativity out wide.

I think Tommy will go 4-1-4-1 for this one though.

On 10/2/2017 at 05:54, RandomGuy. said:

A story we often see

TW preparing for the game-

Related image

Archived