Kilimarnock's Next Permanent Manager

Kilmarnock's Next Manager  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Looks like you're going for their sloppy seconds as they've apparently chosen Hartley over him.

Sounded to me like McIntyre's line to the BBC about Falkirk's interest was more intended to the Kilmarnock board than anyone else.  

Jim McIntyre (and Billy Dodds, because it will be he, as well as the Ross County sports scientist bloke no doubt) both exceeded and failed to match expectations.  I think it's probably fair to say he did about as well as expected at County on balance.  I guess if Kilmarnock's expectations are merely to stay up, then McIntyre might just achieve that.  What he won't do is having the team be able to defend corners, keep clean sheets or look anything other than flakey.  Your wingers will be happy.  Your centre backs less so.  And just pray to God he doesn't immediately bring in a 3-5-2.

I'd far rather him than Hartley, but less so than Owen Coyle.  If I were a Killie fan, I'd hope he gets an 18 month contract at the very most.  He won us a cup - an achievement of immense magnitude - but regressed the league performances to a point that County looked like they might well go down after seven games.  Wish him well, and no hard feelings really. 

ETA: you'll probably sign Sean Kelly, Tim Chow and a bunch of guys whose former fans would say "meh, probably would have kept him but I'm really surprised a club of Kilmarnock's stature signed him".  Almost all his signings were like that.  

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Sounded to me like McIntyre's line to the BBC about Falkirk's interest was more intended to the Kilmarnock board than anyone else.  

Jim McIntyre (and Billy Dodds, because it will be he, as well as the Ross County sports scientist bloke no doubt) both exceeded and failed to match expectations.  I think it's probably fair to say he did about as well as expected at County on balance.  I guess if Kilmarnock's expectations are merely to stay up, then McIntyre might just achieve that.  What he won't do is having the team be able to defend corners, keep clean sheets or look anything other than flakey.  Your wingers will be happy.  Your centre backs less so.  And just pray to God he doesn't immediately bring in a 3-5-2.

I'd far rather him than Hartley, but less so than Owen Coyle.  If I were a Killie fan, I'd hope he gets an 18 month contract at the very most.  He won us a cup - an achievement of immense magnitude - but regressed the league performances to a point that County looked like they might well go down after seven games.  Wish him well, and no hard feelings really. 

ETA: you'll probably sign Sean Kelly, Tim Chow and a bunch of guys who's former fans would say "meh, probably would have kept him but I'm really surprised a club of Kilmarnock's stature signed him".  Almost all his signings were like that.  

We had wingers??
I just remember under-sized #10s forced to play out wide, usually on their wrong foot, with the occasional cameo from a fullback or centre-mid (see Foster, Tumilty, and Murdoch)
And Jonathan Franks, rest in peace.

Agree with rest of it though.

McIntyre would not be my first choice but would take him if pushed.

His number two however is exactly that - a wee jobby.

He's never liked Killie and Killie have always hated him.

No way would I or most other fans accept that turd anywhere near RP at any point, apart maybe for emptying the bins.

If McIntyre must come, please would he bring in Gary Holt as his assistant?

Having had that wee rant, according to the local paper John Carver ex coach of Newcastle, Sheffield United, Leeds and a few foreign teams has applied.

Wonder how that will pan out.

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

McIntyre would not be my first choice but would take him if pushed.

His number two however is exactly that - a wee jobby.

He's never liked Killie and Killie have always hated him.

No way would I or most other fans accept that turd anywhere near RP at any point, apart maybe for emptying the bins.

If McIntyre must come, please would he bring in Gary Holt as his assistant?

Having had that wee rant, according to the local paper John Carver ex coach of Newcastle, Sheffield United, Leeds and a few foreign teams has applied.

Wonder how that will pan out.

Tell you what, whether it was the fitness coach or just his natural ability, or Billy Dodds, Liam Boyce improved ten fold as a player under McIntyre. Craig Curran has also developed noticeably.   It'd be churlish not to think Dodds had a large part in that, operating as he did as the forwards coach.

37 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Wee Gus Mcpherson went from 25/1 into 2/1 big market mover overnight also has a track record of keeping st mirren up.

Expect season ticket sales to soar under gus...............................................for the Odeon !!!

Gus McPherson - 4/6
Jim McIntyre - 5/2
Stephen Kenny - 5/1
Gary Holt - 5/1
What a brilliant list of frontrunners.

FTFY

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gus McPherson - 4/6

Jim McIntyre - 5/2

Stephen Kenny - 5/1

Gary Holt - 5/1

What a depressing list of frontrunners.

Motherwell fans were saying the same thing after McGhee left - the list of candidates kind of showed how our type of club is viewed now and it wasn't inspirational stuff (even though it looks like we appointed well). I was most disappointed in the fact that there wasn't even the usual bunch of (utterly random) high profile foreign ex-players and managers - at least Killie have managed a couple of those. 

Guest Moomintroll
Folk on Kick back saying Steve Clarke has the job. Would be happy enough with that if true. Yogi favourite on Mcbookie tho 

To be honest, would be happy giving Steve Clarke a go, if nothing else his contacts at Chelsea and through Man Utd with Mourinho would give us some serious quality on loan when the window opens in January. Good Kilmarnockshire guy as well so think he will do a decent job before buggering off to an EFL Championship club. ETA can't spell Clarke apparently.

Archived