Could a Saturday mornng team win the Scottish/ West

auld yin wae knowledge

Normally the whipping boys but a few good results in the last rounds of the Scottish / West have caught my attention is it possible that we could get a team from the Saturday morning Leagues getting to the last 4 of the big two cups.

Early days, but some of these Leagues are flourishing as players watch the old firm and fit a game in the morning, big attraction for some

Time will tell I suspose  

There's certainly a few Saturday morning teams doing well and on there day can compete with some top sides. However I think when it comes to the big guns Colville, Southside etc I don't think the Saturday morning teams would stand a chance. Springburn beating Broomhouse in the west and taking west cup holders Cambria to a replay in the Scottish is good going and Black Star knocking out Broomhouse on Saturday as well. Apart from those results I haven't saw anything from a Saturday morning team to merit this topic.

I know of some players who ply their trade in Saturday Morning Leagues, who would walk into top amateur and Top Junior sides. Ive watched Maryhill Thistle and Yoker Utd this season among others, and have been impressed by both individuals and their teams. The top teams in the morning leagues will give most teams a game in a one off. I think there will be a surprise package in amongst them, maybe last 16 or 1/4s in the West or Scottish

• 2 weeks later...
Is cambria still is strong as last season? I see symington pushed them all the way in the west today.

Don't quote me here but a think they were playing the greater Glasgow cambria, wasn't it the caley team that won the west?

Archived