Today's Scores

andy25

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

Jessie emoji23.png, that will be Ryan McChesney. ( chessy) he’s a big lad so I won’t be calling him Jessie.

Thanks for the report on the game. The referee must have seen something to send #8 off and obviously with chessy going too, I’d be happy with a point playing with 9.

Thanks again emoji1360.png

Number 8 went in with a sliding tackle on Brash, the ref was close and straight away pulled out his red card, so I assume he felt it was reckless /  studs showing. I was at the back of the stand and the foul was at the edge of the box, so couldn't say either way for sure, but we didn't seem to react to the challenge so that made me think it wasn't as bad as a red.

Blantyre Victoria 1-3 Wishaw.

Entertaining game at the KG Stadium this afternoon.
Midway through the 1st half,the ball rattled off the Vics left hand side post the defenders were slow to realise the danger, & the Wishaw no11 fired home from around 10yds.
The visitors no 9 put his side 2 up when he ran on to a fine through ball & cooly finished from the 18 yd line.

Half time Vics 0-2 Wishaw. ( The Vics coaching staff had a chat with the Ref leaving the field. I think the Wishaw 2nd goal had a touch of offside about it, & they were asking how he liked his tea.)

Wishaw were quick out the box after the interval, winning a corner & penalty,in the 1st couple of minutes.
Their hard working no9 doubled his tally for the afternoon,when he beat the Vics goalie from the spot kick, after he had been brought down for the award.
Vics no9 got his side back into the game when he finished from close range.
But the visitors held on for a fine win.
MOM Wishaw. No 6 heart of a lion, he led his side magnificently.
Blantyre introduced a young lad at half time, he is the best prospect I have seen in the Junior game for a couple of seasons, played wide on the left, good strength, quick,with a good left foot. Hope he keeps working & listening to his gaffer, he has a chance of doing very well in the game.

Lesmahagow 5v1 Yoker, Gregor Cree put Yoker 1 up after 21m, Lesmahagow replied with Michael Brunton scoring on 38m to make it 1v1 then Stevie Higgins got a hat-trick scoring in 54,78,84m with Jordan Whitefield scoring in 87m. Yoker had a penalty saved in the 28th minute. Highlights to follow.

45 minutes ago, bawrash said:

And deservedly so. Cumnock look a shadow of the team they were last season and by the looks of things will be lucky to finish above the bottom 2

Before to long big john will get the boot and paul burns will take over as player manager

2 hours ago, Larky55 said:

Blantyre Victoria 1-3 Wishaw.

Entertaining game at the KG Stadium this afternoon.
Midway through the 1st half,the ball rattled off the Vics left hand side post the defenders were slow to realise the danger, & the Wishaw no11 fired home from around 10yds.
The visitors no 9 put his side 2 up when he ran on to a fine through ball & cooly finished from the 18 yd line.

Half time Vics 0-2 Wishaw. ( The Vics coaching staff had a chat with the Ref leaving the field. I think the Wishaw 2nd goal had a touch of offside about it, & they were asking how he liked his tea.)

Wishaw were quick out the box after the interval, winning a corner & penalty,in the 1st couple of minutes.
Their hard working no9 doubled his tally for the afternoon,when he beat the Vics goalie from the spot kick, after he had been brought down for the award.
Vics no9 got his side back into the game when he finished from close range.
But the visitors held on for a fine win.
MOM Wishaw. No 6 heart of a lion, he led his side magnificently.
Blantyre introduced a young lad at half time, he is the best prospect I have seen in the Junior game for a couple of seasons, played wide on the left, good strength, quick,with a good left foot. Hope he keeps working & listening to his gaffer, he has a chance of doing very well in the game.

Went to see this one today, the Vics looked all over the place. Could hardly string a pass together and missed a few sitters. 

The red hair boy who came on looked a strong, fast boy. Sure I seen him a couple of times playing for Bellshill last year..

great start to the season for Wishaw

Internet must be down in beith tonight as it's awfy quiet on here lol.
Great result for kilbirnie today against a decent beith side , thought the young lads throughout the ladeside team showed guts and character second half when beith were on top shooting downhill ,
Decent game and good to see fans from both sides enjoying the match and not a hint of bother.

Archived