MSP Expenses

Whatif

Congratulations to our worthy MSP's regarding their expenses.  Why put your hand in your pocket when the taxpayer can stump up.

Special congratulaions to SNP John Mason who saw fit to claim 45p for a pint of milk and Greens Patrick Harvie who climed £35 for an Ikea kitchen trolley.  Hope someone questioned him on his reuirement for that.

Good to see that th majority are in it for what they can get.

http://mspallowances.scottish.parliament.uk/Default.aspx?Option=switch

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever put a poster on ignore after reading just one post.  Until now.

I'd be more inclined to have a go at John Mason for believing the earth is only 5,000 years old than claiming 45p for a pint of milk.  In fact I'd go as far as congratulating him on finding a place that sells milk for 45p a pint.

I always serve a few folk in the mornings who ask for a receipt for the pint of milk they're taking in. Why on Earth wouldn't you claim for something you'd bought for work? I claimed money back for a few packs of staples last week - what a b*****d I must be.

I'm all for highlighting the pocket-lining of politicians, but if the worst someone can come up with is someone claiming money back for a tea tray, it just makes it seem like they aren't all completely self-interested c***s. Which is about as big a failure as it's possible to get, all things considered.

49 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Of course, if a Tory billed the taxpayer for a 45p per pint of milk, SNP supporters would say 'that's all right then'.

The Tories have a history of snatching free milk and that wasn't "all right".

Did that get past your eyes?

2 hours ago, sophia said:

The Tories have a history of snatching free milk and that wasn't "all right".

Did that get past your eyes?

Thatcher only carried on the Labour party's good work.

And that joke is a shocker, but I laughed anyway. Easily pleased I guess.

I'd like to be the first to back up the campaign for Tories to claim back milk bought for the office kitchen.

It's a controversial stance, I know, but hopefully the rest of us evil ScotsNats will come around to my way of thinking one day.

26 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I take it people realise it is not John Mason himself going out and getting his own milk but the staff in his office. The absolute freeloading scumbags

NAP that it's a gay member of staff waging a low-level campaign to get Mason the sack.

Archived