Biggest Gaming Freakout You've Ever Had

ATLIS

On 02/10/2017 at 18:27, EdgarusQPFC said:

Please don't, i am still recovering from that, the fucking dancing mission and the RC copter one

oofftt that RC copter mission, given how early in the game it was, was an absolute fucking b*****d, same as the flying missions in any GTA game

on another note, i remember having an absolute blinding fit when my SNES cut out while i was playing jurassic park, i was quite far into the game and given there was no fucking save feature whatsoever, you can imagine the seethe coming from me

oofftt that RC copter mission, given how early in the game it was, was an absolute fucking b*****d, same as the flying missions in any GTA game
on another note, i remember having an absolute blinding fit when my SNES cut out while i was playing jurassic park, i was quite far into the game and given there was no fucking save feature whatsoever, you can imagine the seethe coming from me

Comfortably one of the worst missions ever. It took me (literally) hours to complete. I would continually leave it and go back to it and the worse thing was I had completed all the other missions and was stuck for ages on this one as I couldn't progress otherwise.

I've always been a sleepwalker (now night terrors) and I spent hours on that mission one day. That night my mum had to stop me leaving the house as I was going "to look for my helicopter". Horrible mission.

The one where you had to shoot down planes in San Andreas was a sickener as well.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Comfortably one of the worst missions ever. It took me (literally) hours to complete. I would continually leave it and go back to it and the worse thing was I had completed all the other missions and was stuck for ages on this one as I couldn't progress otherwise.

I've always been a sleepwalker (now night terrors) and I spent hours on that mission one day. That night my mum had to stop me leaving the house as I was going "to look for my helicopter". Horrible mission.

The one where you had to shoot down planes in San Andreas was a sickener as well.

Aye it was a b*****d, pretty much gta's way of saying "even if you cheat, we'll still f**k you over" 

Any timed mission on GTA used to seriously stress me out. There was a drop in them from one title to the next (can't mind which two) and it was a relief. Hate any timed mission as I generally play these games at a slow pace.

Recently launched my ps4 controller across the room during assassins creed unity. Knew the bad press it got but played it cos i like the series. Dodgy controls and fighting actions frustrated the hell out of me and kept getting me killed.

Also, put the palm of my hand through a panel on a wooden cupboard door playing fifa. Probably 09 or 10. Round about that period. Managed to slide it back in place and it's just about held to this day. Remember being terrified at the time about my mum finding out but nobody ever did

I tend to shout a lot or throw the controller away in disgust. The one time that really got me was back on PES 6 and I was about 5/6 seasons deep in a Master League when I accidentally went into the red during the summer transfer window. Not sure if it is still the same but that meant that your game was over as you were in administration, and the real kicker was that I had saved just after the transfer that took me into administration went through. Anyway, I punched a small hole in my bedroom wall, then blamed it on a ladder falling against the wall. I'm sure my parents bought that...

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Jonah Lomu rugby on PS1 I calmly hit eject, took the disc in my hands and snapped it in 2. Don't even remember why but it's the only time I've ever done it.

Hurled a PS4 controller into the kitchen after being 3-1 up on Rocket League with 40 seconds to go and losing 4-3. had to get the screwdriver out to fix it as it jammed the R2 button. 

Probably been a good few CM/FM meltdowns as well, I still hate ex Derby / Celtic / Killie striker Tommy Johnson to this day because of CM 93/94.

Jonah Lomu rugby on PS1 I calmly

As soon as you said calmly it triggered a memory playing FIFA with my mate. I was better than him pure and simple and used to beat him regularly. Can’t remember what year it was maybe 13 but up until that point with all other FIFA/PES we were pretty even.

Anyway this particular year I was beating him almost every game, hardly conceding goals etc. After one game where I had a late comeback to win by a goal he didn’t say anything, turned the game off, put his pad down on the floor and then just stamped the life out of it.

Was a fucking glorious moment and I took great pleasure in laughing at him as he did this wee PS3 pad dance around his living room.

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Was a fucking glorious moment and I took great pleasure in laughing at him as he did this wee PS3 pad dance around his living room.

:D:D:D 

I remember losing on the last game of the season I had on Ultimate Team, ended up not winning the Division 1 title and launched my controller at the wall next to me out of pure rage and it shattered into about 30 pieces - back off the wall into my face. It was just about the biggest bit of karma I could've gotten.

I remember also playing Counterstrike and had the must infuriating team mates, the Russian guys that can't stop talking and have an IQ equal of a pinecone, was having a drink at the time and I was precious about my rank. I was sure one more loss would mean I deranked, so the game goes on and I get more and more pissed at them. End up losing and I grab my drink, down it and launch it at the wall right next to me, there's still a mark where the wall is dented from it :D 

The reason I made this thread though was because I was on Runescape's Deadman Mode. Essentially the same as the normal game but you can attack anyone outside of city walls at any level. If you hit someone first you get skulled and cant go into the safe zone for a while. If you die like that you lose about 9 hours of work, all the stuff on you and a bunch of stuff from your bank. It essentially wipes your account.  I was running a clan with a bunch of guys but at the time (about 4am) it was just me and one other guy. I ask him if he can bring me something over, simple task no worries.

Next thing I know he's shouting that there's 4 guys on him. I run to him because he's saying they're easy kills. I get there and accidentally skull on one of the guys meaning I couldn't get out and here I was with these 4 guys in a 4v2. What happens next? My pal decides he's out and he's leaving me 4v1 :D In a slow death trying to stay alive I'm full on screaming at him. After I die about 7 folk jump into the chat while I'm giving the other guy an absolute belter of  a dressing down. I call him everything under the sun for a full 45 minutes whilst everyone (that I didn't realise had joined) were just listening. I remember leaving the chat (and at the same time realising everyone is in there) saying "You've fucked me! Absolutely fucked me over! You.Have.Fucked.Me."

This was followed up by messaging everyone saying that the guy is a b*****d and that I'm quitting.

Next day I'm back on it and made up with him that night :D 

The racing mission on the first mafia. You had to win the race and every time I got to the last bend I span out. I punched f**k out of my keyboard as I was playing it on the pc, I'm sure other people have spoken of this mission on other forums.

Reminded me of another. The racing mission against the fat guy (Hilary?) in preparation for the bank heist in Vice City. Was utterly impossible to beat the c**t til I realised you could park a race car on the first corner then swap your shiter for it

One of the call of duty games there was a mission where you were in a trench and you came out into the open and loads of jap soldiers were running at you screaming. It was pretty stressful and all you had to do was look right and down and fall through a hole into safety.

I spent three hours of hell shouting at the tv to repeat the same thing over and over. I must've killed around a thousand enemy troops for no reason. Then when discovering the hole I very nearly threw the controller at the tv then burst out laughing at my own stupididty.

i can still remember the dialogue

"you gotta go up there"

"go go go"

me

up where you go ya dick f**k sake not again, wtf!

Edited by D.A.F.C

This goes back to the days of the PS1 and more importantly days when I could rent games from the video store (GT Videos).  I had manged to rent a copy of Metal Gear Solid for the weekend, it had been in for about a month but was always ‘rented’ when I went in on the Friday’s after school.  However this Friday it was available, so signed out a copy and rushed home in anticipation to play this game I had heard so much good things about. 

The next day I’m playing the game early in the morning and get to the bit where you need to contact Meryl, you are told that her Codec code is on the back of the cd case.  Now at this point in the game you have a cd case in your inventory so I spend an ungodly amount of hours searching for a way to find the code, I mean the game tells me it’s on the back of the case so why can’t I get snake to check the back of this GOD DAMN CASE.  I think that maybe there’s another case so I’m searching every desk in the tank hanger part mashing the X button using the tried and tested adventure method of checking everywhere but nothing.  It’s now the afternoon and I’m defeated, I trudge downstairs and sulk in the kitchen while making a sandwich when my Dad walks in and asks what’s up.

I explain that I’m stuck at a part and while my father is not a gamer he knew a bit about the game from his work.  So as I was explaining how I couldn’t find the code on the case a small…..almost evil now that I look back on it….smile develop.  I stop in mid rant as I notice he knew something that I didn’t

DAD: The code is on the back of the case

ME: I know that but I can’t find the sodding code at all

DAD: The physical case.

ME: …………?

DAD (getting smugger now): The actual case which would be in the shop.

ME: ………..? (I’m not the sharpest tool in the box)

DAD: Go back to the store and check the box.

ME: b*****dING FUCKING ARSEHOLE b*****dS!!!!!

Looking back this was the first time I swore in front of my father and he was taken aback by the ferocity of the language I used, mainly he was laughing so hard at me he couldn’t tell me off as I rushed out the garage, jumped on the bike and off to the rental store as fast as possible.  I run into the store, grabbed the case and then rushed to the counter and asked/demanded a bit of paper and a pen.  Wayne who is behind the desk just looks at me and slowly grins as he hands me the items, saying it also took him a couple of hours to figure it out (THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU PUT THE CODE ON THE BACK OF THE RENTAL CASE YOU FAT USELESS w****r).  I mutter something along the lines of “clever game” and then cycle faster than Chris ‘thunder thighs’ Hoy back, straight past the old man who was wiping the tears away as he was explaining everything to my very confused mother and back into my room to finally get pass this early stage.

When I returned the game, I had left the code on a slip of paper on the back of the case, whether it remained there I don’t know but felt I had to do something.

On 10/16/2017 at 10:48, Mackie The Staggie said:

This goes back to the days of the PS1 and more importantly days when I could rent games from the video store (GT Videos).  I had manged to rent a copy of Metal Gear Solid for the weekend, it had been in for about a month but was always ‘rented’ when I went in on the Friday’s after school.  However this Friday it was available, so signed out a copy and rushed home in anticipation to play this game I had heard so much good things about. 

The next day I’m playing the game early in the morning and get to the bit where you need to contact Meryl, you are told that her Codec code is on the back of the cd case.  Now at this point in the game you have a cd case in your inventory so I spend an ungodly amount of hours searching for a way to find the code, I mean the game tells me it’s on the back of the case so why can’t I get snake to check the back of this GOD DAMN CASE.  I think that maybe there’s another case so I’m searching every desk in the tank hanger part mashing the X button using the tried and tested adventure method of checking everywhere but nothing.  It’s now the afternoon and I’m defeated, I trudge downstairs and sulk in the kitchen while making a sandwich when my Dad walks in and asks what’s up.

I explain that I’m stuck at a part and while my father is not a gamer he knew a bit about the game from his work.  So as I was explaining how I couldn’t find the code on the case a small…..almost evil now that I look back on it….smile develop.  I stop in mid rant as I notice he knew something that I didn’t

DAD: The code is on the back of the case

ME: I know that but I can’t find the sodding code at all

DAD: The physical case.

ME: …………?

DAD (getting smugger now): The actual case which would be in the shop.

ME: ………..? (I’m not the sharpest tool in the box)

DAD: Go back to the store and check the box.

ME: b*****dING FUCKING ARSEHOLE b*****dS!!!!!

Looking back this was the first time I swore in front of my father and he was taken aback by the ferocity of the language I used, mainly he was laughing so hard at me he couldn’t tell me off as I rushed out the garage, jumped on the bike and off to the rental store as fast as possible.  I run into the store, grabbed the case and then rushed to the counter and asked/demanded a bit of paper and a pen.  Wayne who is behind the desk just looks at me and slowly grins as he hands me the items, saying it also took him a couple of hours to figure it out (THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU PUT THE CODE ON THE BACK OF THE RENTAL CASE YOU FAT USELESS w****r).  I mutter something along the lines of “clever game” and then cycle faster than Chris ‘thunder thighs’ Hoy back, straight past the old man who was wiping the tears away as he was explaining everything to my very confused mother and back into my room to finally get pass this early stage.

When I returned the game, I had left the code on a slip of paper on the back of the case, whether it remained there I don’t know but felt I had to do something.

Outstanding.

First time i played it, it was a pirated copy of the game that of course didn't come with a case... Yeah i can totally understand and appreciate this rage. Ended up buying the game eventually, i just prefered to try them before i buy em

On 10/7/2017 at 09:57, mrcat1990 said:

I have a friend with anger issues and a love of PES/FIFA which is a dangerous combination. On several occasions he's snapped playstation controllers in half in a fit of rage.

Did he also carry couches and fridges on one arm?