Fortnite Battle Royale

Dindeleux

On 03/03/2018 at 20:07, Grant228 said:

Aye that's a good spot, land there sometimes depending on the route the battle buss takes, enough loot that a dou can land there as well.

Is 50 v 50 back? Never got to play it last time,

After my solo win this morning that's me up to 29 wins including Dou and Squad, If I'm on the playstation then I'm on fortnite though, havent' touched another game. Absolutely fantastic that it's free, been a big fan of the Gold only mode.

Now upto 42 wins, that's great. 

I’m fucking shite at this.

This. I've probably only played about 3/4 hours in total. My 10 year old nephew never seems to be off it. Which is partly why I hate online gaming. I have about an hour a day spare to play these kind of games so don't get the time to improve. Being killes regularly by young kids and VL's who can spend all day on it just infuriates me. I assume you can buy armor or some shite as well? I put about 8 bullets in a guy before some blue bubble appeared appeared and he then shot me. Fucking raging.

I wouldn't say its most online game but it certainly could be soon. Games like Dota and Fortnite are pulling good number because even a potato pc can run them and there's no cost investment.

Still pubg showed that if the right game with the right formula comes along people will still pay and play in their millions.

Just gotta get them twitch steamer $$$ and you are sorted.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume you can buy armor or some shite as well? I put about 8 bullets in a guy before some blue bubble appeared appeared and he then shot me. Fucking raging.

No. All the microtransactions in the game are cosmetic only. You can't buy better armour / weapons etc..

No. All the microtransactions in the game are cosmetic only. You can't buy better armour / weapons etc..

Good stuff. Having played a couple games I assume the blue bubble was the guy drinking that armour potion.

Just killed two folk in my last game. Over the moon! [emoji38] I set up a sting for someone as well and it worked but I had a rifle and never realised, so by the time I reloaded he scrammed. Raging.

Hadn't played this for ages but squeezed in a game or two on Sunday.  Managed to finish 3rd in the last one and pick up 6 kills with the blue AR.  

Where's is everybody's favourite place to land? I tend to try and get to Moisty Myre and the Prison area.  Tends to be very few people about and you get plenty of materials.  Plus you get to look at the giant crab :lol:

Around the Haunted Hills area for me, lots of chests up there and landed there so often I can have the place raided pretty quickly if I land on my own. Only downside of landing up there is the absolute treck that I'm normally faced with when the circle decides where it's going.

Hit the big 30 wins over the weekend, finished second a few times also being beaten by people who I can only assume are fat and can build massive towers within seconds while somehow returning fire to me.

Also reduced some American pre-pube to what I can only assume was tears after skelping him with my pick axe to win the game, prompting him to send me a seething message after I had won. A true moment of beauty.

Edited by Steven Mill Out

Particularly in solo, depending if the bus is a decent distance away, Snobby tends to be fairly quiet. Almost always a guarantee of a purple/gold weapon too.

Me and a few pals who play sometimes, if the circle is nice is perform what we call 'The Tomato Town Project'. Drop in and use the tunnel and barricade yourself in, putting traps on the stairs. It's only worked properly a handful of times however.

On 3/13/2018 at 16:56, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Anyone caught any videos of that Ninja guy? He’s a streamer and some of the stuff he does is proper ridiculous.

He is absolutely insane at Fortnite.  He's making a fortune out of it as well and I'm insanely jealous. 

"On Twitch he has 160,000 subscribers ($3.50 rate per sub) means he’s pulling in $560,000 a month from that revenue stream alone."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/03/13/fortnite-legend-ninja-talks-twitch-fame-and-fortune-and-the-game-that-got-him-there/#6d1a322145f7

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43414255

Watched him briefly (wasn't aware who he was, he was just the first stream I clicked on) and thought he came across as a right fud. Reading that it seems he's actually a decent guy. Still sounds smug but at least he is giving plenty of his donations to good causes.

Watched Ninja for a bit this morning since I saw on Twitter that he was on with Drake, Travis Scott and my boy JuJu Smith Schuster.

Unbelievable how popular the game is. 600,000 people watching at what must have been 3am in the US.

If I can put my boring hat on for a second, it's actually scary how many kids (boys especially) think that playing computer games is a realistic career path nowadays.

37 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If I can put my boring hat on for a second, it's actually scary how many kids (boys especially) think that playing computer games is a realistic career path nowadays.

You never know. Put in the hours making videos etc on YouTube and stream any old shite on Twitch and they could well make a decent living for themselves.