Fortnite Battle Royale

Dindeleux

There is literally no way they've shut this down. It's probably one of the most successful games ever in terms of finances / player base. It will be a marketing stunt.

I don't have a lot of time to play online so went off it, wasn't a big fan of playing it against folk who played it for 20 hours a day and getting cuffed.

Played it this morning for the first time in months and finished 4th with 4 kills, including sniping someone from a few hundred metres away.

I am atrocious at building though, no chance of ever winning a game. I've only finished in the top 10 a handful of times.

I've seen a few rumours from people "ITK" on Reddit and the likes that the reason they've done this is because the retention of new players is abysmal. People try the game, get absolutely mauled by people who know the map inside out, and don't come back because they can't survive long enough to get better.

The new map will be a great leveller.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I've seen a few rumours from people "ITK" on Reddit and the likes that the reason they've done this is because the retention of new players is abysmal. People try the game, get absolutely mauled by people who know the map inside out, and don't come back because they can't survive long enough to get better.

That's pretty much me on any game online.  

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

I've seen a few Youtubers complaining that it's all Skill-based matchmaking now.  When I used to play I would get top 10 but with no kills and then get destroyed as soon as somebody appeared.

One game today I came 4th with 4 kills against people who I actually thought were bots :lol: Says a lot about how good I am at the game.  The guy that killed me was a wizard at building and basically kept boxing me in and trying to trap me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a proper player on a different account.

Fairly sure that new players now will get the time to learn how it works.

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

I've seen a few Youtubers complaining that it's all Skill-based matchmaking now.  When I used to play I would get top 10 but with no kills and then get destroyed as soon as somebody appeared.

One game today I came 4th with 4 kills against people who I actually thought were bots :lol: Says a lot about how good I am at the game.  The guy that killed me was a wizard at building and basically kept boxing me in and trying to trap me. Wouldn't surprise me if it was a proper player on a different account.

Fairly sure that new players now will get the time to learn how it works.

You can quite often make top 30 just by jumping out the bus right at the last minute and immediately activating the glider and taking ages to land :lol:

Not really sure why but I'm really enjoying the game since the update came out.  Won my 6th ever solo match yesterday (after 450 games :lol:) with a fantastic sniper shot on the last guy.  

I presume the match making is making it easier for people like myself to do well.  Made the final 5 on at least 4 separate occasions last night and really should have won a 2nd game but for me missing a simple shot.

Welcome back Fortnite!

After getting 4 kills in my first Ch2 match, I'm now struggling to get anything :lol:

Hope the matchmaking is sorted out pretty soon, I'm getting matched with players who are unbelievably good. I finished in the 50s or something last night and watched the guy who killed me, he ended up finishing 3rd and some of his plays were astonishing.

I'm now at the stage where I finish in the Top 10 more often than not, usually with 2-4 kills. The best I've ever got is 2nd.

It's much better to play this sneaky sneaky than to go all guns blazing.

• 1 month later...

So, downloaded this for my son at the weekend. The Star Wars live event and new game loot is quite awesome.

Safe to say we’re both now hooked.

Eta: that’s me just won my first #1 Victory Royale.

Would love some new skins but being a novice it’s a hard graft, away from purchasing those coveted V Bucks.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

So, downloaded this for my son at the weekend. The Star Wars live event and new game loot is quite awesome.
Safe to say we’re both now hooked.

Eta: that’s me just won my first #1 Victory Royale.
Would love some new skins but being a novice it’s a hard graft, away from purchasing those coveted V Bucks.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Plenty of free stuff currently in game with the winter fest event.

Plenty of free stuff currently in game with the winter fest event.

Yeh, I’ve been putting the hours in and got some nice little items from Winterfest.

Still no cool skins tho. Slowly been increasing myself up to level 40.
Had two consecutive victories in Duos which was nice.

How you getting on?