Montrose v Clyde.

Didn't think it could get much worse.  That was probably the worst first half performance I've seen in years. Nichol should walk away as he's just embarrassing himself. Improved slightly after Fergie came on but only because Montrose had took their foot off the gas. Sat listening to 2 Clyde supporters blaming the ref for everything. Try watching the game. Think Keith will surprise us then surely it will be goodbye Chapman time. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe i shouldn't comment as I didn't travel today but only because I went to last 2 v Edinburgh & Cowden and we were hopeless  went to my local juniors instead £6 in and a few pints with my mates would never have done that  before the last couple of years but losing hope nicol burbrige  not up to Clyde standard imo hope things improve but feeling pretty low  especially after this week's statement about remaining at cumbernauld hope I'm not depressing anyone there have been low times before and we have bounced fingers crossed

I disagree that Burbidge is not ready for football at this level.

I'd ask, how many times do we give a decent ball to Burbidge that allows him to run at a defender.

Usually the pass comes at head height, behind him or so late that any space that he had has been closed down.

Defensively he was poor today but you could say that of seven others in that team including all the defenders and midfield.

I believe that Burbidge is the best of our wide players but we need to give the boy a chance to play to his strengths.

Just listen to the latest Chapman interview , he is puzzled by the team.
Give him to Christmas he might have worked out the puzzle by then you never know.

Been out the country for a week has the Jim Chapman fan club been disbanded ? [emoji6]

I thought it was strange when Clyde signed Nicoll, all the fans were delighted to have him, very good words said. Must've been thinking of someone else cause the Nicoll we had at Annan was awful and it sounds like he still is.

23 minutes ago, athletic 1 said:

I thought it was strange when Clyde signed Nicoll, all the fans were delighted to have him, very good words said. Must've been thinking of someone else cause the Nicoll we had at Annan was awful and it sounds like he still is.

The reason for that was his spell on loan a few years back, where he greatly impressed as a ball winning midfielder.

Things have obviously gone downhill for him in recent years, not helped by playing him out of position.

So it's one player and broadwood that's the cause of the utter shambles that's unfolding at the club

Thank goodness and there was me thinking it might be down to manager who is puzzled about players he signed and actually paid money for and told us he trusted all of them to produce the goods

12 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

So it's one player and broadwood that's the cause of the utter shambles that's unfolding at the club

Thank goodness and there was me thinking it might be down to manager who is puzzled about players he signed and actually paid money for and told us he trusted all of them to produce the goods

I take it Norrie and Jim are off you Christmas card list ?

Interesting game. We should have been out of sight in the first half. Nicoll should have been sent off also but he changed the second half. Moving him into midfield, closing the space that Templeman had in the first half made a big difficult. We didn't get a hold of the ball much in the 2nd half and we were hanging on at the end. Good to get a win after a poor couple of weeks. Hopefully the striker we have lined up joins over the next week as that will help us a lot.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Keep Nicoll at the back and you will be in trouble for sure...absolute mince.
If we can get another good striker in to covert the chances we are creating yesterday would have been a whole lot easier.

I take it Norrie and Jim are off you Christmas card list ?

We were 9th last year , we are currently 8th so there is an improvement straight away , at this rate of progress give it another 7 years and we will win the league[emoji106]

And no I won't be sending them a Christmas card as unlike yourself I am not on first name terms [emoji16]

Re Nicol playing ar CH. Just dont understand it He has made a career from playing centre mid(Never the Quickest) and my interption was he would play anchor man for us allowing others to roam & sounds like he done just that in 2nd half. Perhaps due to injuries and suspension to other defenders Chapman never had a choice but same guy did play him there first game o season at berwick so all in all bit confusing.

Re Nicol playing ar CH. Just dont understand it He has made a career from playing centre mid(Never the Quickest) and my interption was he would play anchor man for us allowing others to roam & sounds like he done just that in 2nd half. Perhaps due to injuries and suspension to other defenders Chapman never had a choice but same guy did play him there first game o season at berwick so all in all bit confusing.

If you do work it out then please let the manager know as he is puzzled by it all ????

Been to a few Clyde games this year.  What I have seen is that nicol needs another defensive cm in there to help him who is also aggressive in the tackle but all be it a bit quicker about the park  ..  play a 4-5-1 system ..  2 sitting cm with a good number 10 in front who will feed off / link up with dg but also help midfield out when needed ( Nicky Little played this role great at Clydebank ). As for wide guys Bubba and the other one they also get a chance to power forward creating a foward 3 at times knowing there is potentially 6 defenders behind them ( 4 defenders and 2 cm ) . Amazing what your wide guys can do when they get the ball to feet !! Driving to the line and crossing to dg and number 10 with the other wide player coming into the back post ..  humping it up in the vicinity of dg expecting him to hold off / take on the defenders is tiring  for him and to watch .. 

looks like I have it sorted  ;-)

2 hours ago, pb7 said:

What I have seen is that nicol needs another defensive cm in there to help him who is also aggressive in the tackle but all be it a bit quicker about the park

Jesus Christ. Another one who didn't get the memo.

We no longer talk about midfielders in terms of their aggression and ability to get about the park. This is Clyde, damn it.

David...! Tell this man about the importance of closing space before his commonsense-in-plain-English becomes toxic.

But all be it a bit quicker about the park TO CLOSE SPACE.. kind of comes part and parcel to me .. 

woukd you rather a passive midfield that only covers space . Could of done with someone to tackle in the game against Edinburgh for example.. guy sand danced his way through.

Archived