Montrose v Clyde.

Bring back Barry, Stuart, John (not john brown, he is a special type o w****r) Colin or any other complete and utter failure. Apart from badwillie this team is a fkn total n utter disgrace n going nowhere.

Sack chapman n give us fkn chance.

8 games in and so disgusted with what i am seeing. 

DONE DONE DONE!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bring back Barry, Stuart, John (not john brown, he is a special type o w****r) Colin or any other complete and utter failure. Apart from badwillie this team is a fkn total n utter disgrace n going nowhere.

DONE DONE DONE!!!

[emoji3]

14 minutes ago, salute said:

DONE DONE DONE!!!

Why don't we try having no manager at all and just leave it up to the players to sort themselves out on matchday?

I doubt performances would be any worse and it would save a wage.

I wouldn't be massively surprised if we lose to Keith in the cup at this rate. Should that happen, Chapman has to go - right???

Have a look at his comments on the OS in the match preview. Complete and utter dross about the lads , disappointment, something better and difficult games. Every platitude ever uttered in three sentences.

Wait till we hear what his thoughts are on the game, and then look out for the piercing insight before the next game.

What does the chairman and Board think of this start with DG in the team?

Said I'd give him at least the balance of October to prove that he wasn't a circuit gaffer. At this point we'd need to have a fucking great October, wherein he won manager of the month, if not I'll be calling time on JC. Still two players short of a confident play-off finish. Centre half. Centre mid. Shuffling deck chairs on the titanic at present. One Stewart Petrie.

Typical, the one Saturday I can't manage this month and we bang in a victory. I'm not coming back until we get cuffed again. 

Would be interested to hear how we played in amongst all the seethe and snotter (enjoyable though it is :lol: )

Average appointment of manager reflects on average performances or below...

Still say were worse off than BF in charge....

Rather have hope n fail than have no hope...

If edinburgh and cowden win a few games were non league, Ive made my feelings known on that one...

Depressing but not suprised

I have been in the camp of give Chapman time, I am quickly changing my mind and I am starting to think it is time for him to go, what chance dos any team have that conceed 2/3 goals almost every game. What is obvious is he doesn't have a clue about about defending, we already new that before he came, even us being pish the past few years we still managed to score 2,3,4 regularly against Annan, so what does he go and do? He fcuking goes and signs most of them. He has got a couple more games after the international break for me to tighten up the defence if not then he has to go, imo.

Also, what is the point in his pal Inness even being here  if what we are hearing is true that we will be staying at Broadwood for the foreseeable when his appointment was obviously for the purpose of relocating and his austerity measure don't seem to be working either, yes it's great to have hungry young players but if they are pish they are pish no amount of hunger will make up for limited ability. Maybe it is time to listen to what Stevie Tennant and his band have to offer and not be dismissed out of hand the way they have been by the board and see if they offer a better alternative to what we have now.

Totally pissed off.

We are a support base which has flat out forgotten what winning the midfield battle looks like. And Munro and Home are the only two players who, if paired up at the back, stand a chance of resembling a pair of centre halves. And even then, there isn't that much experience between them. Not to mention that they'd be the slowest pair we've had since Marv and Marko.

Everyone that willed-on the change to a back four in order to unleash Burbridge, Ramsay etc. now looks foolish IMO. The three/five was a safer trade off. You could tell in preseason, and indeed many said following Airdrie, that the three was our best hope of fending off tankings.

There is vice in an approach which, every week, bends the team very substantially around the opposition. Unless you're working with some very experienced or intelligent and resilient players, a different job every second week won't do them a lot of good. We're all tactics and no strategy.

Much better attacking performance than in recent games in the first half. Could have scored six although Clyde defending was really poor.

Thought Clyde were much improved in the second half as we sat back on our lead and almost payed the price for it near the end as they made a few good goalscoring chances.

Having been stuck in this division for some time I can sympathise with the Clyde fans, although I did find the seethe from the Bully Wee in the stand quite entertaining! :D

Better second half as Home played as solidly as you'd expect and Nicoll stood in front of Templeman. No doubt Montrose sat deeper and safer but they didn't have anything going forward without that supply line in the second half. Cuddihy more influential and twice got through (once blocked on line, the other saved for Goodwillie to score), but I didn't really think we'd get a third. Burbidge, Ramsay and Wright were anonymous, Stewart was dreadful as well.

Nicoll should have got sent off. Fair play, he doesn't hide when he's having a nightmare like some others.

I'm not going to call for his head yet; that can wait for the next three games. Don't hold out much hope.

Much better second half from Clyde. However, this was because Montrose thought the has did enough in the first half. They were fortunate that they weren't embarrassed by an equaliser.

Home's long ball for our second goal was fantastic. He played another few decent forward passes on top of that.

That's how to play long balls. McNiff should watch and learn.

Nicholl should be nowhere near our defence again. Put him in midfield where he does less damage.

Goodwillie scored but was very poor today. His passing was awful. He should also get criticised when he deserves it. His quality usually stands out in games but not today.

I was very critical of the team at half time and I stand by that but I do feel that Chapman should be given another transfer window.

Incidently, why did we wait until half time to make changes?

6f7ee5282689288933e4942e7dd0b3e9.jpg

Anything other than 3 points after the first 45 minutes would surely have been seen as a failure today.

As poor as Clyde were in the first half, we really should have taken a far bigger lead in at half time. Clyde were better second half and I can't remember their keeper having a save to make. Not sure on balance of play that Clyde would have deserved to leave with a draw, but we gave them opportunities to in the second half.

Have missed the last few games, so was hoping Fotheringham might have managed to make more of a positive impact on games since I last saw him. Still, good to get back to winning ways.

I have been in the camp of give Chapman time, I am quickly changing my mind and I am starting to think it is time for him to go, what chance dos any team have that conceed 2/3 goals almost every game. What is obvious is he doesn't have a clue about about defending, we already new that before he came, even us being pish the past few years we still managed to score 2,3,4 regularly against Annan, so what does he go and do? He fcuking goes and signs most of them. He has got a couple more games after the international break for me to tighten up the defence if not then he has to go, imo.
Also, what is the point in his pal Inness even being here  if what we are hearing is true that we will be staying at Broadwood for the foreseeable when his appointment was obviously for the purpose of relocating and his austerity measure don't seem to be working either, yes it's great to have hungry young players but if they are pish they are pish no amount of hunger will make up for limited ability. Maybe it is time to listen to what Stevie Tennant and his band have to offer and not be dismissed out of hand the way they have been by the board and see if they offer a better alternative to what we have now.
Totally pissed off.

Hi I'm at the airport on way home can I comment ?[emoji6]

Please. A review of your holiday destination will be light relief for us all. Another Saturday night reaching for the gin is all that awaits. That's if I get back from the pub.

Cracking holiday fuertaventura is beautiful ( been quite a few times ) food in hotel excellent drinks were fine not branded

Excellent respite from watching The Clyde highly recommended [emoji106]

Ps only 10 weeks to Xmas [emoji122]

Wee bit more meat on the bones for those not there.

Clyde took the lead after a troubling start, Wright putting Osalodor through and he stuck a shot into the net. Awful defending continued though and Montrose got a penalty when a cross came to the back-post and was headed against the post. Not sure what the penalty was for, it looked like he signalled hand-ball and he booked Nicoll. Second goal was a corner (the sort that may have been given as a goal kick if we'd shouted loud enough) to the near post that wasn't cleared by Nicoll, Templeman stuck it in surrounded by three static defenders. Third goal was a ball to the back-post, McNiff (I think) was caught on his heels, was poked into the net via both posts. Could've been anything to be honest, as I said earlier, the wide players (Burbidge and Wright) weren't involved at all defensively, Cuddihy was always out wide trying to cover, and the full-backs didn't help much either. Ball didn't stick up front with Goodwillie. Every defensive header/clearance went straight up in the air, or trundled to a Montrose player. Montrose's tactic was play long into Templeman, he laid it off, and then they played nicely from deep in our half. 

After the break we fixed it with Nicoll moving into midfield and Home at centre half. He played well, and Nicoll took Templeman out of the game completely. His passing was still abysmal, he should have received a second yellow for a poor tackle, but he at least freed up Cuddihy and Ramsay. Cuddihy went through and shot past the goalkeeper but a defender got back to block on the line. A similar chance from a great long ball by Home saw Fleming save but Goodwillie followed up to score the rebound. Only real chance after that saw McNiff stick one just past the post. Duffie was excellent on the ball in the last 20 minutes. It's just a shame the likes of Stewart, Goodwillie and Ramsay were completely off the pace. Smart did okay, probably the least culpable outfielder. 

I'm raging after today to be honest. The entire world knew how Montrose would play. The temporary novice managers dealt with it at the end of last season.  Not only did he start off the game with the wrong team (fair enough, you start with a game-plan and it doesn't work; that happens) but he waited until half-time to make an obvious change when it should have happened 15 minutes earlier. 

Even the other results make our position, and results, look even worse. Cowden back to not scoring, Edinburgh gubbed for the second week on the spin, Berwick go away and keep a clean sheet. Utter misery.

The first 8 league games and the various cup ties have shown him this, and these are things which he must address; Breslin should be an absolute last resort, and even then, only at right-back. Nicoll can only play in midfield, and that's with two runners either side of him. We should be looking to replace him in that role asap. Burbidge isn't ready at all to play consistently at this level. Ramsay is a luxury player who needs to do more to have a regular place in the team. After a two week break, and hopefully with a couple of players back, it will be interesting to see the side against Keith. Surely we'll have another midfielder in as well?

Archived