Montrose v Clyde.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Can't see anything but a Clyde win here. Who are Montrose?

Never gets old.

Will be a tough game against the Bully Wee, they've got a big threat up front in the shape of Goodwillie. Always seem liable to concede though so hopefully we can score more than Goodwillie does.

Never gets old.
Will be a tough game against the Bully Wee, they've got a big threat up front in the shape of Goodwillie. Always seem liable to concede though so hopefully we can score more than Goodwillie does.

Is Templeman fit for this saturday?

Take any sort of win this Saturday after the last two results.Il go for a 2-1 mo win with goodwilllie causing all sorts of problems for the mo defence.Noticed Gary Fraser is not even in the official team picture for this year is that him out the door come January?came back to the news he had joined the smokies earlier this week....weird one

I've admired the job done by Stewart Petrie at Montrose. He's sourced players from everywhere - looking past the 'washed-up' tag which some would attribute to them - and has a decent blend of experience, pace and presence in his squad. His example refutes any nonsense beliefs about tight budgets being insurmountable, difficulty getting players in for certain positions and so on. Mo' haven't even got a recently multimillion pound centre forward playing for them either. How galling...

Think this one will conclude with some weird posts about central midfielders not being that important, full-backs likewise, plaudits for the effective closing down of space and more.

1 hour ago, Sao Paulo said:

I've admired the job done by Stewart Petrie at Montrose. He's sourced players from everywhere - looking past the 'washed-up' tag which some would attribute to them - and has a decent blend of experience, pace and presence in his squad. His example refutes any nonsense beliefs about tight budgets being insurmountable, difficulty getting players in for certain positions and so on. Mo' haven't even got a recently multimillion pound centre forward playing for them either. How galling...

Think this one will conclude with some weird posts about central midfielders not being that important, full-backs likewise, plaudits for the effective closing down of space and more.

I don't disagree he's done a good job. However he has almost exclusively signed players from the Dundee/Angus area (who was washed up?) and I've no doubt they're spending more money than they've done in a while. They've also had great difficulty getting a good striker. 

And closing space is the absolute essence of modern defending.

Heading up to this one with the missus, but god knows what kind of defence we will have out for this one.

Some may think this is strange, but I think Clyde and especillay DGW is due to give someone a doing.  The guy is phenomenal, but he has missed more than a few opportunities at key points to kill off games - here's hoping his outstanding play is rewarded by more than just the 1 goal.

Think we'll go with a 2-4-4 formation!!!

Archived