Under/Over Achievers So Far

Pink Flag

Coming up to 1/3 way through the season for most. Who would you class as under or over achieving against expectations thus far? Clearly I'm not privy to any budgets so my own thoughts really just based on a mix of previous season, rumoured budgets and transfer activity.

I actually don't really see anyone significantly over-achieving. Case maybe for Selkirk but new manager and some decent signings they're probably about where you'd expect now the blistering start has settled. BSC although doing very well, I'm not sure it's a huge surprise to anyone

Looks like plenty under achievers mind you. EK (given high and probably not unrealistic expectations), East Stirling (maybe a revival coming), Gala (always seem to be full of hope but nothing really changes - maybe highlights problems Borders teams have), Star, WW and Edi Uni all probably below where they'd feel they should be

Overall, think the standard of upper half teams is growing year on year and maybe half a dozen or thereabouts destined to struggle to compete

Archived