British Football League Champions 1889 - 2017 - Alternative history

BACKOFTHENET

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but I had a game that was operated by magnets underneath your table/bit of plywood.

This must’ve been sometime around 1993-95. I’ll try to find a picture of it.
A game called super soccer from the 1960s in the closest I can find online
http://www.oldfootballgames.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=338190
4427b411b72ba67654b145a4f9af61d1.jpg

I had 6 subbuteo teams Scotland, West Germany , Brazil from Italia 90 and.1991/92 and 92/93 United and for some unknown reason Motherwell.

Anyway as exciting as getting new teams was or even investing in the spring loaded goalies I think the happiest I ever was or ever will be in my life was purchasing a pack of multi coloured Mitre Deltas from John Menzies in the Murraygate.

Subbuteo-Ref-61210-3-x-Mitre-Delta-Balls

I had 6 subbuteo teams Scotland, West Germany , Brazil from Italia 90 and.1991/92 and 92/93 United and for some unknown reason Motherwell.
Anyway as exciting as getting new teams was or even investing in the spring loaded goalies I think the happiest I ever was or ever will be in my life was purchasing a pack of multi coloured Mitre Deltas from John Menzies in the Murraygate.
Subbuteo-Ref-61210-3-x-Mitre-Delta-Balls-Early-1990-39-s_700_600_6EOKY.jpg

Had those too. Used to love a trip into Dundee just to check out all the subbuteo stuff in John Menzies.

20 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Had those goals too. I got the Italia 90 set which came with Brazil and W.Germany. A different set with Italy and Argentina was available.

Ah yes my first set was the Italy/Argentina one. If you combined your subbuteo set with one of those 4ft kids snooker tables from Argos you had an excellent waist height stand for your action with bumpers to stop the ball flying off! 

• 2 months later...

an italian subbuteo site - check out the galleries of hand-painted kits - some amazing stuff in there (i know they're all hand painted, but these are done by some real hardcore, stickler for accuracy nerds - detailed badges and all sorts ;))

http://oldsubbuteo.forumfree.it/?f=4110666

2hp17kl.jpg

29fqet1.jpg