The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

22 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

£750 for a half hours work?  Christ I'm going to become a magician :lol:

The wrong team won.  They provided a terrible service and I'm absolutely amazed that they didn't have to deal with a refund.  They had no drink for a pregnant girl, had a crisp buffet on arrival like I'd expect to see at my 4 year old nephews birthday party and didn't even have enough canopies to go round.  How the hell did the company not ask for a refund? :lol:

I would have sacked Joanna as she's done absolutely nothing in the 4 tasks.  She is clearly one of those candidates who hangs around the back complaining about not getting a chance to do anything and when she finally gets her opportunity does nothing. We've still got a few more weeks of getting rid of the deadwood.

The only impressive candidates so far - Jade and Sarah.

Highlights of the week - "have any of you heard of Geoff Hurst?" :lol:  Kevin Pietersen clearly wishing the girls team had won - "Let's get this done"

Mods, please. ;)

Edited by Boghead ranter

Siobhan is a total weirdo and was never going to win the series but she didn’t deserve to go there, her guests were given a great day out and she made sure they had the best of times. The boys group was a farce and having to give that pregnant girl a drink of room temperature soft juice from another guests hand bag when you have paid that much for hospitality is laughable. No way should anyone be running low on drinks at that sort of thing, they could have phoned up a few catering companies and enquirer about how much booze is usually supplied as a general rule of thumb. Surely there is some sort of formula to it such as half a bottle champagne per head and then half a bottle of red/white per head as well and a few beers would have been a fair assessment. Also if the guys had hired proper entertainment rather than the stupid show they put on they would have lost. Also they didn’t even provide enough good for everyone. That said, the guests are going to want drink and a social event with one another and if that’s given to them then who cares about entertainment as they are getting that from the football so who knows.

Elizabeth should have gone, I just can’t believe someone interviewed her for the show and thought she was suitable!

The girls provided a better service and if it was judged by reviews and not profit then I'm sure they'd have walked it.

Siobhan was the right person to go there though. As a Team Leader she was utterly clueless and utterly clueless in a task that is her specialty in real life. I can appreciate she wanted to give the clients a good day but she should have done so with a tighter budget as that was the name of the game here. It may have been the poor editing but any time a major decision had to be made she flapped. At one point a basic decision was to be made (can't remember what) and she was asking the other members to make a decision as well. It felt like it was actually led by the group collectively. On top of that she was utterly hopeless throughout the process.

Elizabeth is an absolute fruitcake and must be this year's mole. I don't think she did anything wrong on this task though apart from not phoning Siobhan back and getting a definite budget but given Siobhan couldn't wait to get her off the phone I don't think a call back would have made any difference. She led the sub-group well though.

Siobhan clearly disliked the woman and only put Elizabeth as sub-team leader so she could bring her back to the board room if they failed. To me that showed how utterly detestable Siobhan was as a person.

I can’t argue with that analysis I suppose but Siobhan was still responsible for providing a great day out for her clients. Maybe judging by the sorts of events she is used to then money is quite often no objective for her planning and that’s what went wrong for her. I still wouldn’t have said Siobhan failed in her position which is why i find it harsh for her to go but she is such a dreadful personality that I could never see working with Alan Sugar at the end of the process.

Elizabeth reminds me of some cartoon character but I can’t remember who it is, I would imagine if you were to shoot her in the neck the only thing that would happen to her would be that she whistled when she ran.

The whole task was a joke. They dealt with costs first before going to negotiate with the clients. Who obviously had them over a barrel because they were the ones who eventually had to agree. Imagine them going to the boardroom and saying "Sorry Sir Alan, we couldn't agree with an appropriate price with the one client you provided so the box just went unused."

The sub team leader in the girls team should have gone just for being a horrible c**t. She literally just made up nonsense to throw her team under the bus right away

23 hours ago, throbber said:

I can’t argue with that analysis I suppose but Siobhan was still responsible for providing a great day out for her clients. Maybe judging by the sorts of events she is used to then money is quite often no objective for her planning and that’s what went wrong for her. I still wouldn’t have said Siobhan failed in her position which is why i find it harsh for her to go but she is such a dreadful personality that I could never see working with Alan Sugar at the end of the process.

Elizabeth reminds me of some cartoon character but I can’t remember who it is, I would imagine if you were to shoot her in the neck the only thing that would happen to her would be that she whistled when she ran.

Marcie_from_Peanuts.png.e628f104fc87e93cea578e96f5f6a207.png

So the girl they keep putting the camera on who doesn't speak. Her team must lose this........

Editing in this gets worse every year.

Thinking that myself.

What is the penalty for being late? That could make all the difference here as they got all the items I'm sure.