The Apprentice 2019

The Minertaur

Tommy was very lucky this week that there was at least another person more shit than him. Not selling the bikes was a big mistake for him, but I think he's also been saved by the fact that Sugar can see potential in him. Next week he *should* do really well; nothing to design, create or pitch, just to blag some random shite on the cheap. He'll win this round for his team single-handedly IMO. 

Just about.

Also funny watching Lottie settle for £60, for Tommy to step in with £40 and flip a coin with the seller to decide whether it’s £40 or £50, and the former take the huff even though the latter saved a tenner. She’s a whinging wee cow and can’t stand it when people don’t do what she says.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Also funny watching Lottie settle for £60, for Tommy to step in with £40 and flip a coin with the seller to decide whether it’s £40 or £50, and the former take the huff even though the latter saved a tenner. She’s a whinging wee cow and can’t stand it when people don’t do what she says.

She's awful.  Yesterday the guy said the rigger jigger would cost him £10 to replace to she says £12 :lol:

She must go far though as the BBC didn't really criticise her in their statement about the WhatsApp comments...

She's awful.  Yesterday the guy said the rigger jigger would cost him £10 to replace to she says £12 :lol:
She must go far though as the BBC didn't really criticise her in their statement about the WhatsApp comments...

I thought I was missing something when that happened. When he said it’d cost a tenner to replace I was expecting her to suggest something shit like £1 and eventually settle for around a fiver but she went straight in with £12 like a fucking diddy.

She's awful.  Yesterday the guy said the rigger jigger would cost him £10 to replace to she says £12 default_laugh.png

I thought I was missing something when that happened. When he said it’d cost a tenner to replace I was expecting her to suggest something shit like £1 and eventually settle for around a fiver but she went straight in with £12 like a fucking diddy.

What’s the WhatsApp story?

54 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Was disappointed they went back for the book. Would have preferred to see what would have happened if they turned up with a £4.99 one 

It would like the time the guy showed up with a paper skeleton, sugar was after a full size cadaver type thing! Got the guy the bullet in the end! 

4 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

It would like the time the guy showed up with a paper skeleton, sugar was after a full size cadaver type thing! Got the guy the bullet in the end! 

Wasn't there something like a year later where a guy did something similar and got praise from Sugar for finkin ahtside the box.

56 minutes ago, MSU said:

Wasn't there something like a year later where a guy did something similar and got praise from Sugar for finkin ahtside the box.

The skeleton task simply said something like a life size anatomical skeleton – nothing about material. One team bought a normal plastic(?) one, the other team bought a cheap paper one and got slaughtered for it. It was clear at the time Alan Sugar just didn’t like being out-thought, and the paper skeleton broke none of the rules.

The next year it was buy a dinghy. One team spent hundreds on a proper dinghy, the other team bought a toy dinghy for a tenner. Not only did the team who bought the toy get praised, the other team got lambasted for wasting all that money. Absolute nonsense and I still get annoyed just being reminded about it.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

30 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

The skeleton task simply said something like a life size anatomical skeleton – nothing about material. One team both a normal plastic(?) one, the other team bought a cheap paper one and got slaughtered for it. It was clear at the time Alan Sugar just didn’t like being out-thought, and the paper skeleton broke none of the rules.

The next year it was buy a dinghy. One team spent hundreds on a proper dinghy, the other team bought a toy dinghy for a tenner. Not only did the team who bought the toy get praised, the other team got lambasted for wasting all that money. Absolute nonsense and I still get annoyed just being reminded about it.

Its almost as if Sugar makes it up as he goes along :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, MSU said:

I remember thinking at the time if Sugar had liked the guy that bought the skeleton he would have been praised rather than getting fired over it.

53 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That was it! Yes, I'm now seething about it all over again. Cheers.

The skeleton guy was a lawyer, wasn't he? And foreign? That was never going to end well.