The Wee "Will-we-qualify-probably-not" Thread: Nations League Edition

forameus

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Greece should finish second now. Their last two games are against Cyprus and Gibraltar. Win them both and they'll have 19 points. Over on "pork gyros and mythos" they'll be having the same discussions we were having on here before that result from Sarajevo. They need to win and either Croatia/Ukraine draw or Wales/Ireland draw.

:lol:

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It wouldn't be hard luck. Shite performances earlier in the campaign (specifically Lithuania at home) will have cost us. It would be our own fault should we miss out

Aye I know. I meant it in the context of how it's usually reported - clear dives and dodgy penalties etc blamed for our failure. 

If we do fail tomorrow then we can at least take heart in the fact that we got ourselves into the position to do it. Of course it's a failure, twice over in fact given we've already been dead and buried once this campaign. Still, to go from 4 points in 4 games, having been roundly scudded by both Slovakia and England, It's a credit to them that they've stayed unbeaten since. One more game, and we could have exceeded expectations.

Anyone else want a Belgian bun?

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Great that it's now so clear cut ahead of tomorrow.

I'm amazed we're still alive in this.

agreed

what are the chances of a Scotland win tomorrow. I mean realistically? 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

45/55

i'll take those odds!

on the plus side Slovenia have nothing to play for but pride, but then again, they'll be relaxed

to say I am nervous is an understatement 

4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

The Maltese results won't count though.

No it won't in playoffs but it does in our group.  We are two points ahead of Slovakia with a lower GD.  If we draw we need Slovakia to drop points to even come second.

Bosnia cannot catch us no matter what.  Greece can I believe if they win out and we don't

I'd probably agree with the 45/55, although I think Slovenia's situation slightly pushes it more in our favour.  I'd put it at around 50/50, purely gut feeling.  

No matter what our chances are, put simply, if the players can't get themselves up for this chance, which for me is a better one than we've had in a long time, given everything that's happened up to now, then we don't deserve whatever chance we have.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

No matter what our chances are, put simply, if the players can't get themselves up for this chance, which for me is a better one than we've had in a long time, given everything that's happened up to now, then we don't deserve whatever chance we have.

Couldn't agree more. I'll be disgusted if they don't come flying out the traps tomorrow. 

Archived